Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:05 pm

Scape Scape:

Freaking ridiculous. As the article mentions some a-holes may use this as a way to get revenge on an ex or someone they have a grudge against because, sadly, people are that awful. There will be mostly false information contributed to this "snitch line". Some women and doctors may be dragged through the mud needlessly.

This 6-week thing is bullshit. It's not at all unusual for a woman to skip a month for no reason. Most of the women I've known well enough to hear the details didn't even take a pregnancy test until skipping 2 cycles unless they had other signs.

Edit...
Every time this issue comes up I still feel VERY strongly about if the pregnancy is the result of rape, whether by a stranger or sick fuck relative. There should be NO denying a woman from having an abortion under that circumstance. There should also be no question when it is an ectopic pregnancy, which a fetus will not survive, and could kill the woman as well.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:34 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I think you might have it backward there rick. Minority access to abortions is what helps them choose their life and the direction it takes. Single unwed mothers have a more difficult time raising themselves out of the poverty trap. Take into account the systemic racism already faced by such groups, and then place a heavy financial burden on them, and you keep that group in the lowest income range. Then remove any financial or social support for those families once the baby is born, and you have sealed their socioeconomic status.

That is White Nationalism. You might not think racism has any part of it, because race is not specifically involved, but the groups most affected by these decisions are totally race based.

https://www.aclu.org/news/racial-justic ... fery-bans/

I hate these conversations. Its like someone asking me do I want the knife to the head or the gun to the gut. I don't like either. For me raising a child was the greatest joy that I ever had on this planet. I would gladly do it again. Sadly no government agency is going to let a single man adopt a child. I have the financial means to hire a full time live in nanny. I have a four bedroom house with an inground pool. Its just me and some cats right now. I could change the life of some poor third world kid who will only know poverty, hunger, and despair. This kid could live a first world life in the U.S. They would never want for anything. This kid could have the finest of education from private schools to university. They could go on to be anything that they wanted to be. With my love of travel, this kid would be very well traveled by the time that they become an adult. Sadly none of that will happen. Single white men are viewed as sexual predators. Two gay men living together could get the kid, but I cannot. I have the will, time, and resources to change a life for the better but am not allowed to do so. So I get angry when someone wants to just throw away their unborn child for whatever reason. I would take the kid, but I am not allowed to. I have numerous cats that someone threw away. One has a chip from its previous owner. They never returned any phone calls or texts. He is my cat now. I changed the info on the chip to reflect that. At least the previous owners did not kill them, they just abandoned them. They are free to come to my house for a better life.

This abortion thing was settled a long time ago in the Supreme Court. That is how it should have stayed. I get upset that people are killing off their unborn children, but not upset enough that I feel that I have the right to stick my nose in other people's business. When the Supreme Court rules on something, that should be the end of the discussion. Every day we have to reinvent the wheel because some people just cannot mind their own business. I would like to see a law that calls for mandatory minimum jail sentences for law makers who vote for laws that go against Supreme Court decisions before the 50th anniversary of said decision. That would cut down on a lot of this bullshit.

I am not buying your argument that preventing abortions is a way to keep minorities down. When the only abortion cliniC in PEI shut down in 1982, was that an attack on minorities? Visible minorities do not even make up 5% of the population in PEI. It is one of the whitest places on the planet. In 1982 4,311 Canadian women traveled to the U.S. to have an abortion. Who were these women? Minorities living in large cities were able to get abortions in Canada in 1982. Women living in rural areas within driving distance to the border (with much lower minority populations ) could not get an abortion. Lot easier for people living in the Maritimes or prairies to drive to the states than to travel to Toronto or Quebec. Just my hypothesis mind you. They did not keep racial records for the abortions so I have no facts to display. Merely pointing out the law of averages.

Throughout history when someone did not like someone else, they attempted to kill them off. Canada had its own forced sterilization program with the First Nations. You tried to get rid of them. This is not ancient history. If they quit having kids than your problem would be solved. I guarantee that if you asked every klansman that has the balls to wear their sheets out in public without a hood to pick between killing off the blacks entirely or ending abortion altogether, the vote is going to be close to 100% for killing off the blacks. It makes zero sense to allow a race that you hate to continue breeding to the point that they outnumber you in your own country. ZERO SENSE!!! You say that keeping minorities popping out kids that they cannot afford keeps them down. Its a lot cheaper to kill someone off than to continue paying for their existence. One time forced sterilization is a lot cheaper than a lifetime of welfare, food stamps, medicaid, public housing, free school breakfast and lunch, legal aid, incarceration, etc.,etc. Sorry but your argument that there is some grand plan by white nationalists to keep minorities down by forcing them to have unwanted children does not hold water.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:30 pm

Attachments:
1296F2AB-B0B3-4C50-89A7-B5D84A18C66B.jpeg
1296F2AB-B0B3-4C50-89A7-B5D84A18C66B.jpeg [ 65.99 KiB | Viewed 19 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:53 pm

The racist angle is due to the actual concern: poverty. Far fewer whites are at poverty levels. Therefore it is racist.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:09 am

rickc rickc:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I think you might have it backward there rick. Minority access to abortions is what helps them choose their life and the direction it takes. Single unwed mothers have a more difficult time raising themselves out of the poverty trap. Take into account the systemic racism already faced by such groups, and then place a heavy financial burden on them, and you keep that group in the lowest income range. Then remove any financial or social support for those families once the baby is born, and you have sealed their socioeconomic status.

That is White Nationalism. You might not think racism has any part of it, because race is not specifically involved, but the groups most affected by these decisions are totally race based.

https://www.aclu.org/news/racial-justic ... fery-bans/

rickc rickc:
I hate these conversations. Its like someone asking me do I want the knife to the head or the gun to the gut.

I quite agree. Abortion is settled, and should be left alone. And I'm glad you could afford to raise a child, but your experience is not everyone's.

rickc rickc:
I am not buying your argument that preventing abortions is a way to keep minorities down. When the only abortion cliniC in PEI shut down in 1982, was that an attack on minorities?

You don't have to buy it, but it remains true. And you are comparing apples to hydrogen. PEI is not Texas.

https://www.google.com/search?q=access+ ... CA0&uact=5

And there are many many university level economic studies showing that access to abortions disproportionately affects minorities and their financial status. My opinion, as always, isn't random and I can back my argument up with fact.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:58 am

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:33 pm

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:49 am

This is one of those age-old debates that never seems to have any easy answers. One one hand, women should/need to have the right to choose what happens with their own bodies. The fact that they don't in some places is mind-boggling.

On the other hand, an abortion stops a beating heart and ceases the existance of a life and all the possibilities it might have. That being said, Texas has an interesting stance on how a fetus has more protection than an actual child, which is also perplexing.

I know people/have friends that have taken up positions on both side. Personally, as much as I understand both positions, this is one thing I can't bring myself to have a position on. This subject strikes a bigger nerve than most, and sometimes (at least in my case) it's more advantageous to butt out.

Neither side is wrong, but neither side seems to want to back down. This is just the way I see it from the fence I'm sitting on.

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:27 pm

Sitting on the fence you get stoned by both sides.

This is blatant government overreach. Full stop.

You're pissed off about abortions? Don't have one. Problem solved. You don't have the right to tell others how to live their lives on their terms. Liberty is supposed to mean something.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:33 pm

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:52 pm

Scape Scape:
Sitting on the fence you get stoned by both sides.

Quite the contrary. I've received accolades from friends (who are women) on either side of the debate because I'm unwilling to take a side. One of my female friends praised me for not being 'just another man that wants to comment on this even though he has no uterus'.

I respect both sides and their views, and collectively sit back and keep my nose from where it doesn't belong. As opinionated and open for debate as I am, there are certain things that even I won't get involved in. I know better.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:49 pm

There is a difference between "wanting to comment" and being in support of their right to choose what they do with their own bodies and doing things to support that.

If your friends who are pro choice are giving you props for not being an ally of that cause, your friends are fucking bricked.

It makes sense for the pro-life people, because being on the fence is a win for them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:57 pm

I'm not pro-abortion, I'm pro-choice and there's a big difference between the 2. I don't like when abortion is used as birth-control but I'd never pressure a woman to choose.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:34 am

Didn't see this coming.

Satanic Temple takes legal action against Texas abortion law

8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:47 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Neither side is wrong, but neither side seems to want to back down. This is just the way I see it from the fence I'm sitting on.

No, the pro-life side is wrong period.

Nobody should be able to tell anyone else what to do with their body.

If the roles were switched and men were forced to carry pregnancies to term, men would have fought tooth and nail just like women did to get the Roe vs Wade decision.