CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Do you think "greedflation" is happening?
Yes, definitely  50%  [ 2 ]
Perhaps on some products but not all  25%  [ 1 ]
No, they are just keeping up  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:59 pm

Title: 56% of Canadians say they can't keep pace with high cost of living, according to survey
Category: Business
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2022-08-22 16:55:35
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:59 pm

Lots of results from the surveys they did in this article and some interesting and hilarious comments one can only expect from the CBC crowd.

I based the poll on this:

$1:
If there's one thing that all Canadians agree on, as indicated by this survey, it's a belief that grocery chains are taking advantage of high inflation to hike prices and boost their profits — a phenomenon coined "greedflation."

Seventy-eight per cent of Canadians were aligned in believing this is happening, regardless of demographics, though major grocery chains like Empire and Loblaws have denied it, saying they've become more efficient.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:45 pm

Oh they are absolutely taking advantage of the situation. Transportation costs have gone up, but not enough to justify the cost increases seen. Loblaw’s made record profits last year; they’re gouging us.

And shrinkflation has been going for years already. I remember at my last job, we used to make packages of Brussels sprouts. When we first got the contract, they were 16oz bags. Then they went down to 12oz and ultimately 10oz. And I’ll bet they charged the same in-the store for the same pack of five sprouts.

The consumer is getting nickel and dimed everywhere they go and grocery stores are no exception.