canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:07 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="article-681.html" target="_blank">Memory troubles</a>

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="article-topic-39.html" target="_blank">Satire & Humour</a>
<strong>Written By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Subsandwich" target="_blank">Subsandwich</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2006-11-18 01:50:33<br><br>
The trouble with memory is that memory is the trouble.  Do you find yourself forgetting things?<br><a href="article-681.html">read more >></a>

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:07 pm

When I read this, my first thought was, "Ohmygawd that's me!" I have "memory issues" all the time! And, like the author, I have this thing with my memory taking a vacation right when I need it the most - like when I have to remember my password for my bank card while a bajillion people are standing in line behind me, impatiently waiting (and muttering - I'm sure I've heard death threats once or twice, but I can't remember) to use the machine. It's embarrassing, to say the least... and frightening, to say the most. I'm not even in my mid-forties yet, and my memory is failing me. I hope I don't forget my own name at some point. Now that would be REALLY embarrassing...

Anyway, this is a great article, and I really enjoyed reading it. I hope to see some more humorous looks at aging in the near future. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:04 pm

I was going to post something but forgot what it was. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:18 pm

I'm kind of like that too. I can remember a lot of obscure, esoteric information,but i still forget more relevant things (birthdays et al) all the time.

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:36 pm

We started taking Omega 3-6-9 complex a couple of months ago, and it does seem to help improve memory functions. Of course, I've been writing everything down that I have to remember for probably the past four years, now, so it's hard for me to know for sure if it's the Omega complex that's helping or not. :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:51 pm

damn I can't remember where I'm from or what my user name is .

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:55 pm

Banff Banff:
damn I can't remember where I'm from or what my user name is .

This is a perfect example of why you should write these things down, Banff. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:21 pm

I have several valuable bits and pieces hidden away in secret hiding places which I can't retrieve as I can't retrieve the memory of where it is stashed.

It is locked securely in my head. The neurons have quit communicating. Writing down where I hide stuff defeats the purpose of hiding it, unless I hide the note too.

The best method of remembering something is to attach a mnemonic to it. For instance if you hide your silk bra in the oven stub out a cigarette on one of your boobs.
The burn will associate the oven with your silk bra.

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:27 pm

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh yeah, and while you're busy burning yourself so you can remember where you hid your silk bra, how about doing something really crazy, like writing a note on yourself about where you put your keys - and then hopping in the shower? Image

(Okay, okay, I admit it: I've done just that! Image)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:38 pm

8O :D

That is why they make permanent ink pens.

Staedtler Lumocolor sticks like poop to a blanket. Near as good as a tattoo.

But where on the bod is there enough room to write:

"36 paces from the fig tree due north. 6 more due East. Locate the third brick on the retaining wall. Pry it loose. Take the floopy disk wrapped in purple plastic and read it into Microsoft excel. The 44th line will indicate where your keys are."

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:58 am

I was going to make a comment on this........but I forgot what it was!

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:04 am

Istanbul Istanbul:
8O :D

That is why they make permanent ink pens.

Staedtler Lumocolor sticks like poop to a blanket. Near as good as a tattoo.

But where on the bod is there enough room to write:

"36 paces from the fig tree due north. 6 more due East. Locate the third brick on the retaining wall. Pry it loose. Take the floopy disk wrapped in purple plastic and read it into Microsoft excel. The 44th line will indicate where your keys are."

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:05 am

That's why I suggested to Istanbul that maybe writing things down might be a good idea. :D