canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:48 am

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=28307" target="_blank">Global warming may soon see Santa don shorts</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/20-environmental" target="_blank">Environmental</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Newspartnergroup" target="_blank">Newspartnergroup</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-12-17 04:22:25

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:48 am

What get's me is in the 80's before global warming was cool, we blamed all warming spells on El Nino. Now everytime some place in the world is warmer than it was last year or ten years ago, it's definitively global warming.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:10 am

Well, it looks like skiing, tobogganing and snowmobiling will be Christmas activities this year in southern Ontario which they haven't been for some time. Santa better but some warm pants on and hook Rudolph up to the sleigh. Of course the wintery spell this year is courtesy of La Nina.

Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:26 pm

global what ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:00 pm

Thats the media jumping to conclusions again. I remember last winter on the WWF site (canadian edition). The moderator was posting pictures of sunny dry Ontario and blaming it on AGW.

This is a sample of the BS they put on their blogs. Stupid Canadians fall for this crap

The weather outside is frightful, but things are heating up in Bali
With snowstorms in Vancouver, Eastern Ontario and Quebec, and freezing rain in Toronto, this weekend was winter’s big debut for many Canadians. While some of us were busy turning up the heat at home, across the world in Bali, Indonesia, delegates from over 180 countries met for the opening of the United Nations Climate Change Conference.

The UN Climate Change Conference runs until December 14th, and a lot is riding on what happens in the coming days. The Kyoto Protocol targets expire in 2012, and as yet no International climate rules have been established to similarly regulate emission reductions post-2012. Time is running out, and if global average temperature rise is to be kept below the dangerous 2 Degree mark, the Bali conference must deliver a mandate for governments to start formal negotiations of the post-2012 climate rules.

Global warming isn’t the first thing on a Canadian’s mind when she bundles up in many layers to brave the walk to work in driving snow, but winter arrived late this year, and will continue to arrive later and later in the future. That means hotter summers, drought for many parts of Canada, and unprecedented strain on both the global economy, and biodiversity.

Around Hudson Bay, where WWF-Canada is tracking six mother polar bears, climate change is already constricting the bears’ ability to hunt. Even when the ground outside your window is covered in snow, the climate clock is still ticking. What do you think the top priority must be for UN Climate Change Conference?quote

Yeah in Calgary winter started in November this year instead of October like it did the last 5 years
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL[I]

Last edited by mtbr on Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:06 pm

Sorry but I don't have any time for the myth of global warming. Besides it's all fear mongering.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:29 pm

Yup, I was thinking how like Portugal (we are on the same latitude in southern Ontario) the weather is.

As I fired up my snowblower in my shorts I noted that my legs were experiencing severe cold. Although it was -8 Deg C today I'm sure that Al Gore is right.
I'm on tidal wave watch for Lake Ontario but it looks a bit frozen so far......come on Al, when's it gonna get bllody warmer?

Mind you, I don't have three big-fuck-off houses with pools and tennis courts like him, his hydro bill must be well big, but hey, you can consume lots if you pay carbon credits to Russia or China 'cos they are not pollutting the planet at all eh?

Frig it's cold!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:31 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Yup, I was thinking how like Portugal (we are on the same latitude in southern Ontario) the weather is.

As I fired up my snowblower in my shorts I noted that my legs were experiencing severe cold. Although it was -8 Deg C today I'm sure that Al Gore is right.
I'm on tidal wave watch for Lake Ontario but it looks a bit frozen so far......come on Al, when's it gonna get bllody warmer?

Mind you, I don't have three big-fuck-off houses with pools and tennis courts like him, his hydro bill must be well big, but hey, you can consume lots if you pay carbon credits to Russia or China 'cos they are not pollutting the planet at all eh?

Frig it's cold!

Exhibit A in EB's knobheaded behaviour.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:37 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Frig it's cold!

Awww! You don't agree eh Pocayou?

Bless ya!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:51 pm

NDPers just want to shut the whole world down collect welfare and drink beer. ROTFL

Last edited by mtbr on Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:52 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
hurley_108 hurley_108:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Frig it's cold!

Bless ya!

You know, I think a four year-old cartoon character who doesn't know the name for "butterfly" would have a better grasp of what global warming is than you apparently do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:54 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
hurley_108 hurley_108:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Frig it's cold!

Bless ya!

You know, I think a four year-old cartoon character who doesn't know the name for "butterfly" would have a better grasp of what global warming is than you apparently do.

So anybody who doesn't agree with you is equated to a four year old? Nice.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:56 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
hurley_108 hurley_108:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Frig it's cold!

Bless ya!

You have no grasp... you just eat up all the shit the media feeds you.

You can't think for yourself.......hmmmm unions and NDP's

Last edited by mtbr on Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:56 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
hurley_108 hurley_108:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
hurley_108 hurley_108:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Frig it's cold!

Bless ya!

Exhibit B.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:00 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
hurley_108 hurley_108:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
hurley_108 hurley_108:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Frig it's cold!

Bless ya!

Exhibit B.

Yup, you have a winning argument there Mr 4 year old. Wanna give this one an "exhibit C"?

Or is that just too obvious?

You are challenging my somewhat dim intellect. You are just dead clever!