canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:45 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=28362" target="_blank">Thank God it's not Friday?</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/5-funny" target="_blank">Funny</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=kitty" target="_blank">kitty</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-12-19 05:13:58

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:45 pm

I wouldn't choose to name my child Friday,but
to each their own.

At least it's not as bad
as naming your kid Moon Unit,Dweezil,or Apple.

I don't think the courts
should have gotten involved in this case.

Although I must admit,I prefer the name Gregory
to Friday.

Well,at least Gregory's
parents will have an interesing story to tell
him when he is older.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:50 am

Moon Unit and Dweezil... ahhh, that good old Zappa family. Even their family name is really anything.

Honestly, it's borderline, but I see nothing wrong with having "Friday" as name.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:55 am

It is Italy, for crying out loud! Who cares!

What a waste of taxpayers money... And, besides that... Who are they to tell parents what name they have to give their baby? Gregory??? In Italy? That would probably be Gregorio, right? :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:06 am

Brenda Brenda:
It is Italy, for crying out loud! Who cares!

What a waste of taxpayers money... And, besides that... Who are they to tell parents what name they have to give their baby? Gregory??? In Italy? That would probably be Gregorio, right? :roll:

i am not sure i understand your reaction.

Do you not care because it happened in Italy or that his name would be Gregorio and not Gregory or Friday? Why do you assume that his name would be the Italian version. The article said that they wanted to name their child Friday not Venerdi.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:11 am

First of all, who in Italy should care if they call their son Friday. No one should. Friday is English. Why shouldn't they be allowed to give their son an English name? A girl at the school of my kids is called Friday, and her friend is called Summer.
Then the court tells them to give their son another English name. Gregory. If Friday is not allowed, why is Gregory? Why doesn't the court tell them to call him Gregorio?

Why in the world does the court tell them what to call their kid anyway?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:15 am

Well, Friday is better than the Chinese couple who wanted to name their kid the @ symbol.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/funnynews/08/16 ... index.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:18 am

Very true Qball,I remember that story.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:25 am

Brenda Brenda:
First of all, who in Italy should care if they call their son Friday. No one should. Friday is English. Why shouldn't they be allowed to give their son an English name? A girl at the school of my kids is called Friday, and her friend is called Summer.
Then the court tells them to give their son another English name. Gregory. If Friday is not allowed, why is Gregory? Why doesn't the court tell them to call him Gregorio?

Well that makes more sense... your first post was not very clear.

i completely agree with you! 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:56 am

kitty kitty:
Brenda Brenda:

Well that makes more sense... your first post was not very clear.

i completely agree with you! 8)

Sorry :oops: I got a little pissed :oops:

This childs name was accepted by the city, baptised even, and some bored court is making a case of it... Geesh, go sentence criminals :evil: