canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:40 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=28390" target="_blank">Changing tune</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/14-misc-cdn" target="_blank">Misc CDN</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Hyack" target="_blank">Hyack</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-12-20 09:56:59
<strong>Canadian</strong>

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:40 pm

Here we go again..Christmas is Christmas and in Canada we celebrate it.. If I had a child going to that school I would pull them out.. This is letting minorities dictate our customs and tradition.. This guy should be fired. enough is enough

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:27 pm

I'd like to know the name of the dingbat who decided to remove the song Silver Bells
from Elmdale Public School,so I can give him or her a piece of my mind.

Christmas is a holiday celebrated by many Canadians.

Christmas songs are by no means offensive,even if a child does not celebrate Christmas.

You can't blame this on religion either.There is a reason why some parents choose to
send their child to faith based schools.

Public schools don't cater to just one type of child,and this is what is supposed to make
public school such a unique experience for youngsters.

This school just caused themselves a lot of unecessary publicity,and all thanks to the dingbats
that decided they wanted to ruin the Christmas spirit for the kids of this school.

Good grief,what is the world coming to?lol

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:34 pm

Acts like this go far beyond just infringing on peoples customs and traditions. They can also lead to alot of heartache and burden for all involved. Here's an example:

We had this same controversy here a few years back. The head of the School Board ordered all reference to Christmas be removed from the district schools. As it turns out she had been approached by an aquaintance of hers who just happened to be a minority member of the community. Somewhere along the line this friend who was a lawyer threatened to sue if she heard one word of Christmas mentioned in school again.

Bingo..................... No Christmas for the kids in school that year.

Suffice to say this one person decision didn't go over to well in the district. The head of the School Board was promptly fired, upon which she sued the school district for wrongful dismissal. This litany led to a court case that cost the school district in excess of 400 thousand dollars.

Fortunately, the school district won and the former head of the school board was ordered to pay all costs, which would be just great......................................if we could find her.

So as you can see, one simpering, whinning minority ahole with an agenda, and a willing accomplice has cost the district education system hundreds of thousands of dollars that could have been put to better use teaching the kids.

BTW it wasn't a Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh, Catholic, Protestant, or Hindu who caused all this trouble,

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:00 pm

Now see I'm all for accommodation and multiculturalism but this is yet another story that just goes too far. Both the main subject of this thread and Freakinoldguy's example, in fact.

BUUUUT in all that you know what's the problem (at least in the case presented by Freakinoldguy)? Not really the stupid minority member lawyer... that behavior is utterly ridiculous but stupidity is legal and outlawing those exaggerated claims would require an equally stupidly complicated and ridiculous law, so there's nothing we can do about it. But where things just don't click, it's the part where I see the head of the school board PANDERED TO THE DEMANDS. That's just beyond me. That, along with how it's actually conceivable the school board COULD have lost had it been sued by that minority lawyer.

I think people tend to disregard how, more often than not, stupid demands from minorities would not be a problem if someone, somewhere, stepped up and just said "no". Wouldn't be a problem if they didn't have to fear losing a trial for that kind of stupidities as well. Above all, I blame the stupidest minority members a bit, those who take the decisions a bit, and the justice system and its ridiculous outcomes A LOT.