Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:41 am

Mustang1 Mustang1:
mtbr mtbr:
Down but not out..shows Dion is not a leader!

"Paul Nesbitt-Larking, chair of political science at Huron University College at the University of Western Ontario, noted that for all the challenges that have confronted Dion, the Liberals remain roughly where they were in the 2006 election, or a little stronger."
Yeah Huron! HBK!!!! WOOOOO

8O

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:48 am

Mustang1 Mustang1:
mtbr mtbr:

"Paul Nesbitt-Larking, chair of political science at Huron University College at the University of Western Ontario, noted that for all the challenges that have confronted Dion, the Liberals remain roughly where they were in the 2006 election, or a little stronger."

you can pick and choose from the article

"Harper still "holds the upper hand" over Liberal Leader Stéphane Dion on the issue of leadership traits, a press release with the poll says. Respondents were asked to rate political leaders on eight leadership characteristics, including decisiveness, vision and skills at managing the economy."

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:00 am

mtbr mtbr:
Mustang1 Mustang1:
mtbr mtbr:

you can pick and choose from the article

"Harper still "holds the upper hand" over Liberal Leader Stéphane Dion on the issue of leadership traits, a press release with the poll says. Respondents were asked to rate political leaders on eight leadership characteristics, including decisiveness, vision and skills at managing the economy."

Difference is that this calls your partisan absolutist generalizations into question. Evidently, leadership isn't a significant polling factor and that may translate electorally (and this has been the case before as well).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:14 am

http://www.decima.com/en/pdf/news_releases/080425E.pdf

Harper Polarizes, Dion Struggles

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:03 pm

mtbr mtbr:

And this translates electorally, how? :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:32 pm

Mustang1 Mustang1:
mtbr mtbr:

Its another poll showing similar results of the first one, does it translate? probably not.
You were expecting me to make a partisan post.I didn't,sorry to disappoint you.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:44 pm

mtbr mtbr:
Mustang1 Mustang1:
mtbr mtbr:

Its another poll showing similar results of the first one, does it translate? probably not.
You were expecting me to make a partisan post.I didn't,sorry to disappoint you.

Soooo...it does NOT actually translate electorally. It really isn't that important.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:01 pm

Nope sorry to raise an alarm :P I know you were watching this thread so you could dispute any conservative partisan posts. It was on topic with the thread and I was searching recent polls for the results...sorry to disappoint.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:31 pm

mtbr mtbr:
Nope sorry to raise an alarm :P I know you were watching this thread so you could dispute any conservative partisan posts. It was on topic with the thread and I was searching recent polls for the results...sorry to disappoint.

Huh? I was watching the thread because I find it interesting how some can misinterpret poll's significance. I have no problem with the poll, but i questioned your partisan hackery in response to it. This doesn't suggest Dion is a bad leader insomuch as it gauges subjective opinions regarding its public perception You missed that and tried to push "Dion isn't a leader" and that's not the conclusion. Sorry.

Moreover, you've failed to demonstrate how this translates electorally. Public perception means squat in elections (i'll let you track down a good historical example), so many political pundits downplay its importance the overall scheme of things. In your quest for partisan rhetoric, you missed that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:37 pm

Mustang1 Mustang1:
mtbr mtbr:

Huh? I was watching the thread because I find it interesting how some can misinterpret poll's significance. I have no problem with the poll, but i questioned your partisan hackery in response to it. This doesn't suggest Dion is a bad leader insomuch as it gauges subjective opinions regarding its public perception You missed that and tried to push "Dion isn't a leader" and that's not the conclusion. Sorry.

Moreover, you've failed to demonstrate how this translates electorally. Public perception means squat in elections (i'll let you track down a good historical example), so many political pundits downplay its importance the overall scheme of things. In your quest for partisan rhetoric, you missed that.

I never intended to show how it translated electorally. It is the current perception of the public and we all know that is what the party leaders are watching to determine whether or not we go to the polls.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:50 pm

mtbr mtbr:

It is the current perception of the public and we all know that is what the party leaders are watching to determine whether or not we go to the polls.

Party leaders "watch" these polls (and disregard their unimportance electorally) so they can make an electoral decision on them? Uhh...you think so? :oops:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:35 pm

ridenrain.. get off the drugs man. you are too much!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:36 pm

kenmore kenmore:
ridenrain.. get off the drugs man. you are too much!

have you got some better ones to share with us :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:40 pm

not sure dont know what he is on but he should be on some of psych meds for sure.