canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:43 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=32791" target="_blank">Non-white military might needs boost</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/13-military" target="_blank">Military</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Hyack" target="_blank">Hyack</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2008-04-27 11:52:33
<strong>Canadian</strong>

Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:43 pm

You won't find a more colour/gender blind organization than the CF

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:55 pm

Its not like we can force people...unless...CONSCRIPTION IT IS!

I'm being highly sarcastic. People have the choice to join or not, and if they don't...that's fine, but I think we should start with more kickass ads, showing explosions and actual battles, both past and present, just to show the public we have a proud military tradition.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:12 pm

wow I guess there was nothing else to write about today.

What a dumbass article!

I should write an article how basketball should shed its black guy image!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:17 pm

commanderkai commanderkai:
...that's fine, but I think we should start with more kickass ads, showing explosions and actual battles, both past and present, just to show the public we have a proud military tradition.

Wouldn't those kickass ads show us blowing up some of those visible minorities?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:19 pm

QBall QBall:
commanderkai commanderkai:
...that's fine, but I think we should start with more kickass ads, showing explosions and actual battles, both past and present, just to show the public we have a proud military tradition.

Wouldn't those kickass ads show us blowing up some of those visible minorities?

We're killing lots of East Asians, Africans, and Hispanics? Holy crap we're in alot more wars than I thought

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:04 pm

oh ya we need ads that show massive explosions, men woman and children being killed and or maimed.. orphaned children screaming bleeding in the streets..
women and youg girls being raped.. people being beaten until they cant get up.. more shit like that.. that would attract some recruits.... or then maybe we could just do some ajusting to the tory campaign ads.. that would do it..

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:38 pm

kenmore kenmore:
oh ya we need ads that show massive explosions, men woman and children being killed and or maimed.. orphaned children screaming bleeding in the streets..
women and youg girls being raped.. people being beaten until they cant get up.. more shit like that.. that would attract some recruits.... or then maybe we could just do some ajusting to the tory campaign ads.. that would do it..

Again you just stated the last liberal campaign, you’re on a roll tonight libby

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:45 pm

Why pick a recruit based on their skin colour? Their abilities are more important. If you have to choose between a highly qualified white candidate and a lesser qualified 'coloured' candidate, the white guy should be picked as a recruit. If the visible minority is better qualified hire them. Hiring based on race lowers the overall level of quality.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:48 pm

The military has standards when it comes to recruiting?!? :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:56 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Why pick a recruit based on their skin colour? Their abilities are more important. If you have to choose between a highly qualified white candidate and a lesser qualified 'coloured' candidate, the white guy should be picked as a recruit. If the visible minority is better qualified hire them. Hiring based on race lowers the overall level of quality.

Well according to Many Liberals and Black leaders you cant have that cause no one would hire a minority. Are they not the ones saying you have to hire them cause they are to stupid to get hired on their own. Most black leaders in the uSA have sold out their own people.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:07 pm

kenmore kenmore:

Holy shit people are taking fucking advertising to a new level.

All I want is an ad or two highlighting that Canada HAS an army that does more than run around on a ship and rescue some woman in Eastern Europe. You know, history. Hell you can show us landing at Juno and showing our kick ass ness during WWII

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:18 pm

Streaker Streaker:
The military has standards when it comes to recruiting?!? :lol:

They may not be as high as they once were, but they are there. Why do you think your application was declined? (other than you tried to dry hump the recruiting officer's leg during the initial interview)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:48 pm

Perhaps the anti-war whachos who riot could be suppressed. They are a form of anti-recruitment drive. How many recruiters have been denied access to campuses because anarchists in student unions deem it so---without the concent of the student body.
In principle minorities will remain minorities in the military. The majority will be the majority.
Currently the CF are stretched enough that such things as race are not a barrier to recruitment.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:58 pm

god, more affirmative action...refer to "raced based hiring" thread for my view on this.

Again, as long as the military doesn't have discriminatory hiring practices who gives a fuck if only White, Straight, Males want to work in it?

I thought the whole point of equality was to get to the point where we no longer looked in the means of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc. etc. etc....and the irony is, that affirmative action and these quotas force us to look at these issues.

Man this is so hypocritical of the Left...