canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:38 am

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=32925" target="_blank">Global warming may 'stop', scientists predict</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/20-environmental" target="_blank">Environmental</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Hyack" target="_blank">Hyack</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2008-04-30 19:28:24
<strong>Canadian</strong>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:38 am

The end is near...or is it, well maybe.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:47 pm

Ok. I think I got it. The apocalypse is still coming, it's just been postponed, right?

And a hand goes up in the back of the class.

If we're admitting now the oceans have this profound effect on climate, are we still sure last year's increased arctic ice melt was caused by CO2 forced atmospheric warming?

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:34 am

Global warming to climate change ...time to come up with a new line.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:02 am

$1:
The IPCC currently does not include in its models actual records of such events as the strength of the Gulf Stream and the El Nino cyclical warming event in the Pacific, which are known to have been behind the warmest year ever recorded in 1998.

more and more it proves the whole CO2 AGW was a HOAX taking advantage of natural cycles which have as predicted made a mockery of the "theory", "the science", the "consensus" and the IPCC.

This food crisis is rapidly replacing the GW agenda---in part caused by the HOAX---BIOFUELS.

Time to convene the GW trials.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:07 am

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
$1:
The IPCC currently does not include in its models actual records of such events as the strength of the Gulf Stream and the El Nino cyclical warming event in the Pacific, which are known to have been behind the warmest year ever recorded in 1998.

more and more it proves the whole CO2 AGW was a HOAX taking advantage of natural cycles which have as predicted made a mockery of the "theory", "the science", the "consensus" and the IPCC.

This food crisis is rapidly replacing the GW agenda---in part caused by the HOAX---BIOFUELS.

Didn't some alarmist post yesterday that 2005 was the warmest year ever?

And, I agree, Al Gore and James Hansen should face criminal charges for what they've done.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:32 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
$1:

And, I agree, Al Gore and James Hansen should face criminal charges for what they've done.

R=UP

And don't forget that twit Suzuki.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:34 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
$1:

R=UP

great--let's lock up anyone who says anything contrary to your point of view. Hey, maybe China is accepting immigrants!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:59 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
$1:

R=UP

great--let's lock up anyone who says anything contrary to your point of view. Hey, maybe China is accepting immigrants!

Since this isn't about a point of view it's about the facts, my point of view is irrelevant, as is yours.

Although you seem to have a good idea. But i'd suggest we go one better. Why don't we lock up all scare mongers who are making a fortune out their unproven and distorted facts.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:40 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Ok. I think I got it. The apocalypse is still coming, it's just been postponed, right?

And a hand goes up in the back of the class.

If we're admitting now the oceans have this profound effect on climate, are we still sure last year's increased arctic ice melt was caused by CO2 forced atmospheric warming?

Tell me you didn't actually just ask a question. 8O That is not allowed in the Global Warming debate! I'm writing a letter to David Suzuki as we speak and I can tell ya right now he's gonna be pissed. You must be one of those damn GW deniers! You're probably one of those people that still use incandescent light bulbs and more than one square of toilet paper aren't you!?!

I just want to reiterate the ground rules for everyone here on the Global Warming debate.
1. You're all gonna die.
2. Don't ask questions.
3. Believe everything the news tells you. After all it wouldn't be on the news if it wasn't true, right?
4. Don't ask questions

I really have to stress rules 2 and 4. What do you think would hapen if every one started asking questions? I tell ya what would happen, we would have some kind of debate or public forum on this issue and we don't want that. What do you nay sayers think this is, some kind of democracy or something?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:49 pm

If you'd like to see why the paper this article speaks of is significant, you've got to check out this one...

http://motls.blogspot.com/2008/05/natur ... -2020.html

The paper is indicative of a larger realization in the climate community. Al Gore and the IPCC we're wrong, and it's past the point where that information can be hidden. So now the problem is how do they excuse it.

Edit

Oh, and just read your post Dino. That's funny. :)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:21 pm

My take is that some of the so called scientists are now realizing that there is alot of hype and not much science and the science they are using is saying that this has happened before. It looks like the beginnings of attempts to make them selves not look like idiots. A gradual change from GLOBAL WARMIMG IS GOING TO KILL US! to one of "Well it looks like global warming is actually reversing and we may be ok."

I wonder if the two sides ever did sit down and produce real evidence if the Warmers would ever admit they were wrong. Or if we nay sayers would admit we are wrong.

Anyway I am enjoying the heck out of this warming here in Florida. Was your winter long in Canada? "As CanAm ducks the snowballs from hell which actually froze over"
Oh well buck up, your brief but usually good summer is coming soon. [cheer]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:37 pm

I hear it snowed yesterday in Prince George, and they were saying today it's the coldest it's been there since 1982.

I can show you why that might be, and another reason climate guys are finding it harder to deny we're entering a cold phase.

This one's from NASA

For the last little while skeptic scientists have been speaking of the PDO - how it appears in shifts from cold to warm to cold every 20 to 30 years. Last summer NASA noticed the PDO was shifting. So the question became are we shifting out of warm to cold now, and if so how cold, and how long. As you can see from the picture at the link Satellites can now actually see the horseshoe shaped cold shift of the PDO settling in along the North American West coast.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Thu May 01, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 San Jose Sharks
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:37 pm

according to Stephen Hawkins its to late for action on global warming. Methane stored in the arctic and the ocean floor will be released as global temperatures rise.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:41 pm

mixedfarmer mixedfarmer:
according to Stephen Hawkins its to late for action on global warming. Methane stored in the arctic and the ocean floor will be released as global temperatures rise.

Well, you know what they say. Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one. I wonder if Hawking has noticed global temperatures aren't rising any more.

Hawking is a mathematician and physicist. What he knows about climate he reads in his spare time, just like you and me. I'm not saying he's wrong, but I would suggest the conclusions you, and perhaps he appears to be drawing from that might be over-simplified.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Thu May 01, 2008 2:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.