Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:11 am

:lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:17 am

Don't know why she wanted the GPS anyway. If she couldn't answer that question, chances are she won't be able to work the GPS either.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:26 am

lily lily:
$1:
All you people are hung up on the letter of the law without looking at its intent.

The intent of this rule is to get around existing laws.

You think Tim Hortons should have to register as a lottery, and bar people under 18/19 from playing roll up the rim to win, forcing the people behind the counter to check ID and make the lines even slower?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Philidelphia Flyers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:31 am

nope but I'm pretty sure the average 15 year old can answer a simple math question

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:05 am

newfette newfette:
nope but I'm pretty sure the average 15 year old can answer a simple math question

OMG you guys are running around in circles. Timmies isn't running a "Answer a ath question for a prize" contest. Timmies is running a "buy our coffee because you could win something" contest. If it was the former, don't you think the questions would be a little trickier?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Philidelphia Flyers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:35 am

but its part of the rules that you answer the question

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:56 am

newfette newfette:
but its part of the rules that you answer the question

It's not like she refused to answer. I think that the learning disability story is probably rue. Just think about it: Who's going to intentionally throw away the chance to win something by answering the question wrong the same way twice?

It's not a deep rule. It's a technicality that Tim Hortons has to go through in order to offer these prizes. Just saying "the rules are the rules and that's that" is silly and doesn't take any thought as to the purpose and intent of the rules.

Either this lady's learning disability is real, in which case it's discriminatory for them not to give her the prize, or she deliberately answered the question wrong, twice, instead of her husband claiming the prize, as it was his coffee, just for a fight and some media attention. And if you honestly think the latter, then there's something wrong with you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:05 am

hurley_108 hurley_108:
Either this lady's learning disability is real, in which case it's discriminatory for them not to give her the prize,

How so?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Philidelphia Flyers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:14 am

she answered wrong twice and then cause a big stink... how is that NOT crying for attention

maybe her learning disability is the fact that she's a moron and didn't ask someone for help!

if it were me I wouldn't want the whole country knowing i couldn't do basic math... twice

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:19 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
newfette newfette:

OMG you guys are running around in circles. Timmies isn't running a "Answer a ath question for a prize" contest. Timmies is running a "buy our coffee because you could win something" contest. If it was the former, don't you think the questions would be a little trickier?

Actually, somewhere on the "game rules", close to where it says you must correctly answer a skill testing question, it will also say that no purchase is necessary. You just have to send a self addressed, stamped envelope to an address provided and they will send you a game piece.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:43 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
hurley_108 hurley_108:
Either this lady's learning disability is real, in which case it's discriminatory for them not to give her the prize,

How so?

Because there are some people out there, not many but some, who legitimately can't do arithmetic. To disqualify them from such a contest as this, one that is based on chance not skill, even though there's a skill testing question involved as a legal technicality, discriminates against that group of people.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:44 pm

newfette newfette:
she answered wrong twice and then cause a big stink... how is that NOT crying for attention

maybe her learning disability is the fact that she's a moron and didn't ask someone for help!

if it were me I wouldn't want the whole country knowing i couldn't do basic math... twice

Where does this callousness come from, Newfette?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:16 pm

The skill-testing question is something I'm relaly fond of.

It tells me that only the educated can be winners in Canada, :P

These questiosn are featured with EVERY Canadian contest. Get over it. If you get it wrong, you don't deserve the prize.

Think of it as punishment for not going to school.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:10 pm

Shit dont Timmies have enough bad PR..? their contest sucks anyway..

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:31 pm

last time they had this. I went through over 400 coffees and I only won 3 donuts and a coffee. :|

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 12  Next