CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Brenda Brenda:
OMG, I wanna see that! I'll even help you get him shitfaced... I'm even willing to tie him down at the tattoo-shop! (and let him pay the bill ROTFL)

Why not on his chest, btw? Then he has to look at it too :lol: :twisted:

well not too long ago it would have taken 12 or 15 beers to do that but now I'm probably a cheap drunk :lol: :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Oh YEAH!!!! and the chest hurts!!!! :twisted: :lol: :lol:

He can pay for the drinks too :wink: :lol: :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:32 pm

mtbr mtbr:
Brenda Brenda:
OMG, I wanna see that! I'll even help you get him shitfaced... I'm even willing to tie him down at the tattoo-shop! (and let him pay the bill ROTFL)

Why not on his chest, btw? Then he has to look at it too :lol: :twisted:

well not too long ago it would have taken 12 or 15 beers to do that but now I'm probably a cheap drunk :lol: :P

Thats ok...you are paying anyway and if you fake it...it will hurt a helluvalot more :twisted: :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:35 pm

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:

Including ours :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:38 pm

Brenda Brenda:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:

Including ours :lol:

Of course :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:37 pm

Detour Lily,their lives wont end being cut off for a week.It was an extra 2 day drive to get to the BC side here when #3 was washed out.

Or walk.That only took 4 hours.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:53 am

lily lily:
A 2 day drive, eh? To get from #3 up to #1 and back down again?

You could drive all the way to the coast and back in less time.

3 hours to calgary,6 to golden,then all the way to cranbrook and then sparwood,ya,about 2 days round trip.Unless you know a shortcut.

It was faster to go into the states and through Montana.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:12 am

ziggy ziggy:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
I have never had a problem on that road...It is a beautiful ride or drive..depending on your choice of vehicle...Lily is right, its the morons that drive it...when it says slow down..you do it. There is that one corner going into Britannia that will mess you up if you take it too fast....Folks should drive/ride the route to Tofino...NOW THAT IS FUN!!! :D

Try the going to the sun highway in Montana.The X used to lay the seat down so she didnt have to look out the window at the drop offs. :lol:

I would say..."ok,were passed them" and she would get up,look out the window and then give me a left cross because we werent by them. :lol:

Yeah, that road is crazy. No shoulder, a flimsy guardrail and a straight drop of 3000 feet! White knuckle driving for sure...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:17 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
ziggy ziggy:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
I have never had a problem on that road...It is a beautiful ride or drive..depending on your choice of vehicle...Lily is right, its the morons that drive it...when it says slow down..you do it. There is that one corner going into Britannia that will mess you up if you take it too fast....Folks should drive/ride the route to Tofino...NOW THAT IS FUN!!! :D

Try the going to the sun highway in Montana.The X used to lay the seat down so she didnt have to look out the window at the drop offs. :lol:

I would say..."ok,were passed them" and she would get up,look out the window and then give me a left cross because we werent by them. :lol:

Yeah, that road is crazy. No shoulder, a flimsy guardrail and a straight drop of 3000 feet! White knuckle driving for sure...

It was a make work project during the depression.Awesome on a motorbike.

Something like the highways going into Mazatlan Mexico.Some of their roads make the Going to the sun look like a sunday drive.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:50 am

$1:

It's not 6 hours from Calgary to Golden. It's probably nearer 3.

I can drive from my house on the coast to Canmore in less than 12 hours, and that includes stops along the way.

Better add a few hours on to the trip if #3 is closed,thats a lot of traffic on #1

The boys were doing the drive in about 14 hours,I took the chopper and hotel room instead. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:08 am

lily lily:
I don't know how this is relevant to the slide shutting 99 down for at least 5 days, but I do know that even accounting for extra traffic, there's no way your trip would take 2 days.

If it takes you 6 hours to drive from Golden to Calgary you must drive like a little old man, because I can make the trip from Armstrong to Calgary in the same time.
Well maybe im wrong on the times to golden but im not on the trip because the boys were doing it every 4 days so im sure if could be done faster they would have.

400 guys that did that trip would agree.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:09 am

Lily your missing the fact that Zig and his buds stop at every bar that's with in 10 miles of the TCH.

Right Zig? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:13 am

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
Lily your missing the fact that Zig and his buds stop at every bar that's with in 10 miles of the TCH.

Right Zig? :lol:

Ha Ha,actually i took the chopper and it was only 20 minutes.I had to stay in Fernie but lots of the boss's were driving for their 4 days off.It was faster to go through montana.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:18 am

lily lily:
ziggy ziggy:
lily lily:
I don't know how this is relevant to the slide shutting 99 down for at least 5 days, but I do know that even accounting for extra traffic, there's no way your trip would take 2 days.

If it takes you 6 hours to drive from Golden to Calgary you must drive like a little old man, because I can make the trip from Armstrong to Calgary in the same time.
Well maybe im wrong on the times to golden but im not on the trip because the boys were doing it every 4 days so im sure if could be done faster they would have.

400 guys that did that trip would agree.

No way that trip would take 2 days.

No way would it even take one.

Oh wait.... you were union back then, weren't you? I suppose the boys were putting in for travel time.

2 days round trip,factor in every single vehicle that went to the trans canada that couldnt come on #3 and thats a lot of traffic.

The boss's werent union,no such thing as travel time either. From the work site to cranbrook was 3 hours, do the math and its an all day drive.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:24 am

lily lily:
A day there and a day back?

Sorry, I still don't buy it. I've made the trip to Alberta too many times not to know how long it takes.

And I stop for visits along the way.

Try it in tourist season when #3 is closed and go through Invermere,theres probably a few thousand that had to make the drive every 4 days so I tend to bieleve them.