canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:26 am

Title: Canadians \'clear out\' bomb-making Taliban strongholds after fatal blast
Category: Military
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2008-08-26 00:56:25
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:26 am

Fuckin Eh! Right on! Way to give em hell guys, I hope you get every last one of the bastards.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:49 am

Oh look! CBC reported this!

Where are the right-wingers claiming that the CBC never says anything good about our troops?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:48 am

just a question, with that one stretch of road being so dangerous, why isn't it constantly monitored by UAV's and satellites, with a nice AC-130 gun ship on constant alert ready to blast the shit out of any scumbags found planting explosives? The technology is out there, is there a reason why this isn't being done?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:11 am

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Oh look! CBC reported this!

Where are the right-wingers claiming that the CBC never says anything good about our troops?

Is that why it says "clear out", like the folks who wrote the headline don't believe that it worked?

nahh.. this was "good reporting" and "fair" as the CBC gets.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:31 am

Heavy_Metal Heavy_Metal:
just a question, with that one stretch of road being so dangerous, why isn't it constantly monitored by UAV's and satellites, with a nice AC-130 gun ship on constant alert ready to blast the shit out of any scumbags found planting explosives? The technology is out there, is there a reason why this isn't being done?

Maybe with the U.S., but not with Canada. We don't have got our transport choppers yet, and we are so long into this war. So many years, and still hitching rides because our government was too busy bickering about the prices, instead of worrying about what our troops need.

I do believe we have either bought or borrow UAV's, I remember seeing pictures of UAV's with the Canada logo on them for the military. I guess we could send UAV's to monitor it, and if spotted anything call in a U.S. gunship. I think those UAV's are being used for combat situations though, like where all the soldiers are. Scouting out terrain, and soldier routes to spot any possible ambushes, or targets.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:37 am

I hope pussy boy Streaker and the rest who live this war through the media, and are insistant in saying that we are fighting the "Afghans" despite what those of us who have been there tell him, notice how the CBC describes the insurgents as Pakistani and Chechnyn. Go fuck yourself Streaker

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:58 am

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Heavy_Metal Heavy_Metal:

Maybe with the U.S., but not with Canada. We don't have got our transport choppers yet, and we are so long into this war. So many years, and still hitching rides because our government was too busy bickering about the prices, instead of worrying about what our troops need.

I do believe we have either bought or borrow UAV's, I remember seeing pictures of UAV's with the Canada logo on them for the military. I guess we could send UAV's to monitor it, and if spotted anything call in a U.S. gunship. I think those UAV's are being used for combat situations though, like where all the soldiers are. Scouting out terrain, and soldier routes to spot any possible ambushes, or targets.

Always easy to say the Gov't won't buy the troops kit Bacardi, yet when they do people like Osama Bin Layton and the Dennis Codderre's (who coincedently get lots of press stating just that) of Parliment start slinging shit about how they spent to much when a much more scaled down version could have done, or in the case of the C17 why we purchased them in the first place because they are from "shudder shudder" AMERICA, yikes!!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:53 am

You cant partol the sky 24/7 and its not like the movies where spy satellites keep a constant watch on things. Still the only way to keep eyes on a route is with human eyes. With the area they are talking about its very difficult, only way is to set up manned checkpoints every 500m. The Canadians dont have the people for it and the ANP are not the best at it by any means. Also if someone is spotted you have to see weapons for you to be able to attack them, or have probable cause (ie guy with a shovel and a box digging next to the road). Even then its a toss up if you get the go ahead. Also any time a road does not have someone costantly looking at it, it is assumed unproven, or possibly mined. The Canadians do, do alot to keep the roads in check and its up to the individual commander of a convoy where he wants to go. The big problem is, IED's are very hard to see even when you know what your looking for, and they are quick to place. The best way to stop the whole mess is by doing what they just did, rolling through an area kicking ass and taking down the bomb factories.