Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:07 pm

Of course! That is the reason you move to another country anyway, right? To make a better life/living for yourself.
You search for a country that fits your needs/wants/demands. Not the other way around.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:39 pm

hwacker hwacker:
WildDevastator WildDevastator:
Kenmore you are so right...if you come from another country play by our rules if you arent happy then go back.

And it's ironic he has a liberal tag beside his name.

The liberals are the ones that opened up the flood gates of people that came to Canada without any responsibility of being Canadian. Just vote for us was the underlying tag.

Thanks PET.

It was Mulroney who drastically cranked up immigraton levels, but don't let the truth get in your way. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:41 pm

travior travior:
Il aurait peut-être à voir avec le fait que la plupart des anglophones se sentent comme si les francophones sont constamment à la recherche de leur nez, à nous et de notre culture. Si ce n'est pas français, il est de merde, comme il l'a été.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, don't even try to comment on Quebec politics - you have no idea what you're talking about.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:45 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
Brenda Brenda:
Quebec already has different immigration rules. Why don't they just seperate? :roll:

Shhhh, don't give them any ideas. They might consider themselves a nation someday.

This comment is just too funny.. your beloved stephen harper considers Quebec a nation...which we are.. get over it!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:05 pm

kenmore kenmore:
Thanks Brenda.. I will check out our immigration policy here in Quebec.. dont mean to offend anyone, but I think when you choose a country to be your new home you should abide by the standards that exist when you arrive.. we have had some issues here with some groups.. hence the signing of the promise to respect Quebec culture and values..
which guarantees that women are treated with equality and the dignity they deserve

The problem is Quebec's. They bring immigrants in from Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, some other arab and African countries so they can do what? Discriminate against them. They're just like the French, they bring them over with the promises of a better life, and they end up driving cabs, or being unemployed because Quebecers are just too damn racist to bring themselves to allowing theses people to hold any positions of any significance regardless of education of past experience, even if attained in Canada.

And the motivational level of some of Quebec's immigrant groups has sunk to an all time low (self defeated).

A recent article from the Globe and Mail reported that Asian Canadians (Chinese specifically) have overtaken Anglo Saxons as the highest income earning group in Canada. I just wish more of the successful immigrants would move to Quebec to live and do business, they could actually show Quebecers that immigrants aren't all that bad and scary. It'll shake up alot of old notions, it will be good for Quebec, it will be good for Canada.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... andHealth/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:12 pm

$1:
They're just like the French, they bring them over with the promises of a better life, and they end up driving cabs, or being unemployed because Quebecers are just too damn racist to bring themselves to allowing theses people to hold any positions of any significance regardless of education of past experience, even if attained in Canada.

First, it is YOUR CHOICE to move to another country.
Second, your previous education means shit in all of Canada.
Third, Canada doesn't promise you anything (and neither does Quebec), but what it has to offer. And that is freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and all the other rights. Immigrants have to adapt, not Canada... Or Quebec.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:27 pm

$1:

First, it is YOUR CHOICE to move to another country.
Second, your previous education means shit in all of Canada.
Third, Canada doesn't promise you anything (and neither does Quebec), but what it has to offer. And that is freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and all the other rights. Immigrants have to adapt, not Canada... Or Quebec.

What do they say? You're singing to a choir. I know. They do adapt. But we as human beings are naturally discriminative creatures. This is due to our species overwhelming reliance on our vision to distinguish our surroundings. I keep using the age old example of the USA, blacks and whites share the same values and culture, but somehow there is constant discrimination between the two groups. Pimpbruski and Benoit have been choiring for more European immigration, not less overall immigration. Canadians don't call this a halt to immigration, they like to call it "immigration reform".

Immigrants do adapt. Read the Globe and Mail article. But their success is greeted with distrust (aka, they have a hidden agenda to turn Canada into China/India/Nigeria etc) or, when they don't adapt and struggle from odd job to odd job and subsidized housing, they are scorned for not adapting. Well, you can't have your cake.....

In capitalism you will not get what you deserve, only what you negotiate. It's a beautiful system, but the problem is most don't understand it well enough to take it to its fullest advantage.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:13 pm

CommanderSock CommanderSock:
kenmore kenmore:
Thanks Brenda.. I will check out our immigration policy here in Quebec.. dont mean to offend anyone, but I think when you choose a country to be your new home you should abide by the standards that exist when you arrive.. we have had some issues here with some groups.. hence the signing of the promise to respect Quebec culture and values..
which guarantees that women are treated with equality and the dignity they deserve

The problem is Quebec's. They bring immigrants in from Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, some other arab and African countries so they can do what? Discriminate against them. They're just like the French, they bring them over with the promises of a better life, and they end up driving cabs, or being unemployed because Quebecers are just too damn racist to bring themselves to allowing theses people to hold any positions of any significance regardless of education of past experience, even if attained in Canada.

And the motivational level of some of Quebec's immigrant groups has sunk to an all time low (self defeated).

A recent article from the Globe and Mail reported that Asian Canadians (Chinese specifically) have overtaken Anglo Saxons as the highest income earning group in Canada. I just wish more of the successful immigrants would move to Quebec to live and do business, they could actually show Quebecers that immigrants aren't all that bad and scary. It'll shake up alot of old notions, it will be good for Quebec, it will be good for Canada.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... andHealth/

Quebec is no more racist than other places in Canada.. the difference is we say what others are thinking and wont say. obviously you dont live in Quebec or understand our culture.. so dont make comments like we are racist. and not all immigration is good. Like I have said many times.. when English is threatened then English Canada will speak out until then and only then will it become an issue. French was threatened and now we have bill 101 to protect it..Canada can as they say give the farm away, but at least Quebec has the balls to look after our own interests..

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:18 pm

$1:
Quebec is no more racist than other places in Canada.. the difference is we say what others are thinking and wont say. obviously you dont live in Quebec or understand our culture.. so dont make comments like we are racist. and not all immigration is good. Like I have said many times.. when English is threatened then English Canada will speak out until then and only then will it become an issue. French was threatened and now we have bill 101 to protect it..Canada can as they say give the farm away, but at least Quebec has the balls to look after our own interests..

I know many Canadians of all hues and backgrounds can be quite racist. Most of it is subtle. It stays behind closed doors and on forums where we can hide our faces, backgrounds, identities, and so on and so forth.

If you read some of the comments on the bottom of the G&M article, some folks go on rants about protecting 'white culture', nordic traditions, ancestry, examples of the Ottoman invasions, blah blah the same old facepalm shyte you read hwacker and pimpbruski rant about. Then there are some who rant about 'whitey'. Some rant about Christians and some about muslims.

This is all trivial. The politics of division that have been in fashion for the last few years will screw you all when we have a real recession in this country. Various groups will be at each other's throats very soon.

$1:
when English is threatened then English Canada will speak out until then and only then will it become an issue.

English Canada threated? Boy what the fuck are you talking about? Have you been to Pacific Mall in Markham? Or the Taj centre in Scarborough, and other smaller outlets in places such as Mississauga, and Brampton? There's no English ANYWHERE there.

Answer me this? Why is there no racial tensions in Ontario. Or at least, why is it not a major issue such as in Quebec? Why are immigrant neighborhoods in Toronto not the poorest districts in the city? Why are the immigrant communities the poorest in Montreal?

Let me guess....it's the muslims and blacks. Those damn blacks are just too lazy, those muslims are just trying to change everything. Oh, and Chinese too, trying to invade this country from within. And they're heading for Quebec. To destroy your beloved whateveritis. Don't turn the lights off they might already be in your house :roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:28 am

$1:

I know many Canadians of all hues and backgrounds can be quite racist. Most of it is subtle. It stays behind closed doors and on forums where we can hide our faces, backgrounds, identities, and so on and so forth.

If you read some of the comments on the bottom of the G&M article, some folks go on rants about protecting 'white culture', nordic traditions, ancestry, examples of the Ottoman invasions, blah blah the same old facepalm shyte you read hwacker and pimpbruski rant about. Then there are some who rant about 'whitey'. Some rant about Christians and some about muslims.

This is all trivial. The politics of division that have been in fashion for the last few years will screw you all when we have a real recession in this country. Various groups will be at each other's throats very soon.

$1:
when English is threatened then English Canada will speak out until then and only then will it become an issue.

English Canada threated? Boy what the fuck are you talking about? Have you been to Pacific Mall in Markham? Or the Taj centre in Scarborough, and other smaller outlets in places such as Mississauga, and Brampton? There's no English ANYWHERE there.

Answer me this? Why is there no racial tensions in Ontario. Or at least, why is it not a major issue such as in Quebec? Why are immigrant neighborhoods in Toronto not the poorest districts in the city? Why are the immigrant communities the poorest in Montreal?

Let me guess....it's the muslims and blacks. Those damn blacks are just too lazy, those muslims are just trying to change everything. Oh, and Chinese too, trying to invade this country from within. And they're heading for Quebec. To destroy your beloved whateveritis. Don't turn the lights off they might already be in your house :roll:
ONce againg your intelligence ( or lack there of) is showing ..I was referring to English as a language in Canada.. BC for example, what if they decide to use mandarin or another language in business and you didnt speak it.. it is the english language that could be threatened in parts of Canada not the english people.. duh!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:26 am

$1:
ONce againg your intelligence ( or lack there of) is showing ..I was referring to English as a language in Canada.. BC for example, what if they decide to use mandarin or another language in business and you didnt speak it.. it is the english language that could be threatened in parts of Canada not the english people.. duh!

Once again your arrogance is sagging through your small brain.

There are businesses in BC that operate de facto only in mandarin. And Toronto.

But hey, I wonder if you read my 4th paragraph. So I'll try again.

CommanderSock tries again CommanderSock tries again:

THERE IS NO ENGLISH USED IN ANY STORE IN PACIFIC MALL. NONE. NADA. ZERO!!!!!

GEDDIT? IT IS IN MARKHAM ONTARIO. NO ENGLISH. YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED IF YOU DO NOT SPEAK MANDARIN!!!!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:25 am

$1:

Once again your arrogance is sagging through your small brain.

There are businesses in BC that operate de facto only in mandarin. And Toronto.

But hey, I wonder if you read my 4th paragraph. So I'll try again.

CommanderSock tries again CommanderSock tries again:

THERE IS NO ENGLISH USED IN ANY STORE IN PACIFIC MALL. NONE. NADA. ZERO!!!!!

GEDDIT? IT IS IN MARKHAM ONTARIO. NO ENGLISH. YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED IF YOU DO NOT SPEAK MANDARIN!!!!

My point exactly.... and you criticize Quebec's bill 101... wake up and smell the take over..

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:31 am

Another reason to scap multiculturalism, which is an erosion of the two founding peoples of this country.. ( and dont give me the first nation speal) I know and agree.. I am talking French and English who settled and made this country what it is.
Multiculturlism ( signed into law by Brian Baloney ) is ruining this country period. immigrants dont have to learn English if they dont want to and they dont. so they set up little cultural pods in large citys,, do business in their language, hire immigrants to work for them and so on and so on.. time to change this dangerous path... so Bravo once again to Quebec the only province with balls...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:46 am

The problem is Quebec's.

Please notice that I have stayed clear from commenting on immigration lately, but you sure seem wanting to provoke.

Not sure how you take such importance into this. You do not even live in the province. Perhaps, if you would know a bit about the matter, it's simply about ''Reasonable Accomodation''. After all, it has been all over the Quebec media. Immigrants simply need to respect the local culture of their adoptive country or province. :o

They should integrate. Also they need to adapt, it's that simple tabarnak. :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:55 am

$1:
They should integrate. Also they need to adapt, it's that simple tabarnak. :lol:

ok let me try again

CommanderSock Said but nobody bothered to read CommanderSock Said but nobody bothered to read:
Immigrants do adapt. Read the Globe and Mail article. But their success is greeted with distrust (aka, they have a hidden agenda to turn Canada into China/India/Nigeria etc) or, when they don't adapt and struggle from odd job to odd job and subsidized housing, they are scorned for not adapting. Well, you can't have your cake.....

kenmore kenmore:
My point exactly.... and you criticize Quebec's bill 101... wake up and smell the take over..

$1:
Another reason to scap multiculturalism, which is an erosion of the two founding peoples of this country.. ( and dont give me the first nation speal) I know and agree.. I am talking French and English who settled and made this country what it is.
Multiculturlism ( signed into law by Brian Baloney ) is ruining this country period. immigrants dont have to learn English if they dont want to and they dont. so they set up little cultural pods in large citys,, do business in their language, hire immigrants to work for them and so on and so on.. time to change this dangerous path... so Bravo once again to Quebec the only province with balls...

I agree with you on scrapping multiculturalism. But that won't change ANYTHING. Do you understand. I don't want to capitalize my letters for extra rudeness, BUT...scrapping multiculturalism is equivalent to changing socks, switching pepsi with coke, gummy bears or jelly beans. Difference will be trivial.

I can give you the age old example of Latinos in America. America has no multiculturalism laws. Guess what, 40 million Americans speak Spanish.

Multiculturalism is a by product of the 70s and 80s where it was fashionable to add colour to a neighborhood. It was cool to marry black. It was fashion to talk about how much sushi one ate and how much one spent on acquiring it. It was a direct fireback at almost all western immigration laws in the past that limited or outright forbid immigration FROM ANY NON WHITE EUROPEAN COUNTRY. Extreme but not necessary.

There is seldom difference between Pacific Mall, Chinatown, Little Italy, Little Spain, Little India and so on. It is as trivial as the colour and taste of a candy cane. There will be always little enclaves where immigrants bunch up. The Irish did it, the Italians did it, the Portuguese did it and the British were damn as hell aggressive when they did it.

Eventually people intermarried enough to disperse. But it is difficult for us as humans, as a species that relies on vision as a primary means of contact with our immediately surroundings to accept those who look different. Hence immigrants from India, China, Africa finding it far more difficult to integrate than those from Europe. [Hence when Italian or German kids do well in society they are hailed for being 'good immigrants by other European Canadians, when Asians over perform it is viewed with indifference, suspicion and distrust. 2nd generation European Canadians are called Canadians while all others get the courtesy of a hyphen before 'Canadian' no matter how many generations have passed]

This egotistical self obsession within Quebec is unhealthy for Quebecers. This is how riots and civil unrests start. Quebec is slowly sowing itself with the seeds of hatred.

[Most] Ontarians don't throw sissy fits because they understand it is a stage. We will nevertheless learn to share neighborhoods with people who are different colours, religions, backgrounds, and creeds. They will cast their ballots like you and me, they will vote based on their self interests, but self interest is not a zero sum game.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  Next