Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:01 pm

kenmore kenmore:
Brenda Brenda:
Marc01 Marc01:
nice post Kenmore !

New-Brunswick is not different. Acadians are different. You don't hear them probably because they are not enough to make noise. But their assimilation rate is 8%. That mean, if your born acadian, there is 8% of chances that you will switch to english as your main language during your life. They are in clear danger of being assimilated, it's much more obvious than in Québec.

NB is the only province that is officially bi-lingual... What's not different about that?

Language is only part of ones culture... NB is bilingual yes, due to the population makeup.. Marco01 is right when he talks of Quebec and Acadia totally unique in Canada... lets keep it that way..

He claimed Acadia to be a nation. That is as much bullshit as calling Quebec a nation.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:07 pm

Brenda Brenda:
People are not a nation.

Brenda..come on now.. people with a common history, heritage,faith and language grouped together in one region are a nation of people who are unique. They share a common bond and a common goal.. You need to study some history of Quebec and Acadia and you will understand better where we are coming from..
Nous avons et nous survivrons en Amérique du Nord protégeant notre héritage et langue!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:10 pm

So all Chinese immigrants in Vancouver are a nation? Ok. Learned something new today ;-)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:51 pm

you are too funny Brenda... are you a citizen yet?

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:54 pm

Brenda Brenda:

The feeling of being part of a nation is something different than citizenship. Absolutely. Yet, you blame me for feeling to be part of this nation.

Who says I don't understand the problem? But, this topic is about immigration. I didn't follow your french discussion. I stated my opinion on the immigration issue, and the fact that Quebec has different rules than the rest of Canada does.

Do you consider yourself a Dutch ?

I don't blame you for feeling as a Canadian, I blame you because you don't recognize Québécois and Acadiens nations.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:16 pm

kenmore kenmore:
you are too funny Brenda... are you a citizen yet?

In 2 years

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:18 pm

Marc01 Marc01:
Brenda Brenda:

The feeling of being part of a nation is something different than citizenship. Absolutely. Yet, you blame me for feeling to be part of this nation.

Who says I don't understand the problem? But, this topic is about immigration. I didn't follow your french discussion. I stated my opinion on the immigration issue, and the fact that Quebec has different rules than the rest of Canada does.

Do you consider yourself a Dutch ?

I don't blame you for feeling as a Canadian, I blame you because you don't recognize Québécois and Acadiens nations.

I don't think that has anything to do with me being an immigrant though

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:44 pm

Just curious as to how much Canadian history.. esp Quebois and Acadian... esp the Great Expulsion of 1755......

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:54 pm

kenmore kenmore:
Just curious as to how much Canadian history.. esp Quebois and Acadian... esp the Great Expulsion of 1755......

Eyebrock knows that. I thought he said it was just 20 questions...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:02 pm

lol.. not asking because of your citizenship quiz.. just your knowledge of the history.. its difficult to understand Quebec or Acadia if you dont know the history..
have you visited Quebec or Acadia before

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:08 pm

kenmore kenmore:
lol.. not asking because of your citizenship quiz.. just your knowledge of the history.. its difficult to understand Quebec or Acadia if you dont know the history..
have you visited Quebec or Acadia before

Nope.
Has Marc01 visited Belgium? ;-)
What this topic is about though, is about immigration and the papers the immigrants should sign to be able to immigrate to Quebec.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:21 pm

the topic is about Quebec and making immigrants sign to uphold our culture and values
point is we are not talking Europe... we are talking Canada

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:26 pm

kenmore kenmore:
the topic is about Quebec and making immigrants sign to uphold our culture and values
point is we are not talking Europe... we are talking Canada

No, we are talking Quebec. Which is not the same, I am told.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:28 pm

Well look at it this way, if they hadn't of been shipped to Louisiana, there wouldn't be Cajun cuisine and Mardi Gras in Louisiana today.... I gar-on-tay. Enough of the boo hoo poor Acadia. The Irish and the Scots and even earlier the Welsh faced the same thing under the English.