Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2009-01-22 09:27:45
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 am

$1:
Three other armoured-vehicle programs the army is promoting are less developed and would take more than 18 months to move to contract. Those projects are valued at about $4 billion.

I would like to see these plans.

$1:
a fleet of heavy armoured engineering vehicles
I think I know what this one is, they did the trials here in Gagetown. The vehicle is MASSIVE, I will try and find some pictures.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:16 am

is this it??
http://www.casr.ca/bg-lav-iii-future-and-lav-h.htm

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:24 am

No, its completely different, it looks like a large dozer, with four seperate tracks. It has a ultra heavy mine roller on the front.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:26 am

The Lav-H looks like it might be what is being called the E-Lav. Its impossible to tell from the outside though, I'd have to talk to someone who has taken the E-Lav driver course.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:28 am

Good, let's do that, buy some new SAR Buffaloes from Viking Air in Victoria and build some new ships (JSS, icebreakers, and DDHs) and then all three services can benefit, as well as creating jobs and pumping money back into the economy.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:42 am

Alright I found out that the vehicle we did trials for was built by Pami. I can tell you this thing might have looked like a piece of farm equipment at one time but looks like it means business now. There is a plaque in the RSM assistant's office with the picture of the vehicle; I'll see if I can take a picture of it with my camera either today or tomorrow.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:06 pm

I like it especially when one considers the fact that the priority of the CF, both now and after 2011 should be investment in captial projects and equipment. Not until that is completed should we look at commiting troops somewhere else in force.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Very true Sig.

I was also able to talk to some of our EME's (mechanics) and the E-Lav is not the LAV-H.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:47 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Good, let's do that, buy some new SAR Buffaloes from Viking Air in Victoria and build some new ships (JSS, icebreakers, and DDHs) and then all three services can benefit, as well as creating jobs and pumping money back into the economy.

yup if your going to do it and worried about some of the cost NOW is the perfect time. As long as these things are built HERE.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:50 pm

I doubt the 1300 MilCOTS will be, the states are going to hold onto that little gem while they lay off the workers in the Canadian factory. Nothing like a good old slap in the face to remind you who the bitch is. :?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:27 pm

we are getting new MilCOTS?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:12 am

Yes 1300, they have a contract but apparently they are being manufactured in Texas because the Canadian manufacturing plant "is not equipped to make them". So they are laying off close to 700 workers from the Canadian plant since the plant is not productive enough.