CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:36 am

ahh taliban Jack. What a fucken looser.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:40 am

And now, we know the reason for Prorogation. Well played, Harper.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:48 am

Yep, nice mulligan.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:16 pm

$1:
“Canadians don't want another election, and they're tired of political games. They have waited too long for action on the economy for us to fail them now because of partisan interest,” he said.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:22 pm

BAHAHAHAHAHA ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:24 pm

Thus endeth the entire sordid story of how little Jack Layton failed in his attempt to be relevant! :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:30 pm

Iggy did the only logical thing he could do. To govern is to compromise. You can't just win it all, you have to work together.
Beforehand dismissing the budget, without seeing it, like the NDP and the Bloc did, only shows childish behaviour, not doing what's best for the country.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:33 pm

The Coaltion served it's purpose of forcing Harper to deal with the recession in a way more suitable to the interests of the Oppostion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:17 pm

It's naive to think that the stink of the coalition is gone. All but the strongest majorities will have to watch their backs and I can't wait to hear the howls of "righteous indignation" when the tables are turned.

Can Iggy talk without using a cliché? He's sounding like ol' Dithers.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Iggy did the only logical thing he could do. To govern is to compromise. You can't just win it all, you have to work together.
Beforehand dismissing the budget, without seeing it, like the NDP and the Bloc did, only shows childish behavior, not doing what's best for the country.

I agree we have opposition parties that will oppose for the sake of opposing, whether it is GOOD for the nation or not is irrelevant. That is growing old, just because the opposition is call the "loyal opposition" doesn't mean they need to take it literally.

Christ sometimes I think the sitting government could find a cure for cancer but the other parties would just oppose it for some simply asinine reason.

ALL parties are guilty of that and it is one of the driving reasons Canadians are so disenfranchised with the political process in the nation. You can just tell what the opposing is going to say before they even get to a microphone.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:55 pm

Good news indeed - I wouldn't want any one party having total (majority) (unless of course it was the Conservatives :)) control over the bajillions of bucks they are about to unleash without some very major oversight - there's just too much at stake;

not to be confused with the self-serving interests of Taliban Jack and Dupe Duceppe - such a pair of pathetic losers.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:00 pm

IF I were and NDP supporter, the simple fact that he was going to vote against the budget before it was even tabled would be enough to sway me away from that party.

For Jack, this has nothing to do with the economy, but everything to do with him wanting a government position in a form of coalition.

If people thought Harper is a power hungry guy, explain Layton's and his marry band of idiots approach to this budget!

As for Duceppe? you can't understand him in either language anyway so I put him one level below the NDP. Right next to the guys that suck out my septic tank... I guess someone has to do it but everyone is sure as shit glad it isn't them.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:25 pm

As much as Jack Layton may not like it, Iggy did the only logical thing and that is to let it pass. Obviously he doesn't agree with everything, but thats to be expected because he didn't write it. Hell, I dont even agree with all of it. I think there is too much money spread over too many areas. A bit of focus would have been better.

That being said, the situation we are in doesn't have time for elections or lengthy amendments. This is a good starting point and with the Libs keeping an eye to make sure that money flows to where its needed and quickly we can see where it leaves us.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:54 pm

SigPig SigPig:
This is a good starting point and with the Libs keeping an eye to make sure that money flows to where its needed and quickly we can see where it leaves us.

Oh we really are fucked. 8O