canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:26 pm

Smacle, bad parenting is the norm, people are too caught up the 9-5 race to teach their children anything.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:28 pm

Smacle Smacle:
I could say the same for you.

Bully for you.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:34 pm

llama66 llama66:
Smacle, bad parenting is the norm, people are too caught up the 9-5 race to teach their children anything.

Ah yes, there are some deeper problems than just this "dumbass left wing nutball" then isn't there?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:54 pm

religion is up to the parents.. your LIVING within the boundaries of the country, your adhering to the nations laws and your dealing with the citizens of that nation, so therefore you should honor and respect the country that has given you the ability to be protected, with shelter, food, money, a functioning government and cultural diversity. And for the comment that values and loyalties should stay out of school, I say absolutely ridiculous. School is not simply an academic institution, it is the setting in which every child that enters a productive society goes through a process of socialization and experience building. School is the place where you learn the ABC's but you also learn the most basic life experiences which one day will help you become a citizen that can actively engage in the building of the society surrounding them. That's what it was meant for when Plato and Aristotle were around, and that's what its here for now.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:14 pm

$1:
religion is up to the parents.. your LIVING within the boundaries of the country, your adhering to the nations laws and your dealing with the citizens of that nation, so therefore you should honor and respect the country that has given you the ability to be protected, with shelter, food, money, a functioning government and cultural diversity.

in⋅doc⋅tri⋅nate   /ɪnˈdɒktrəˌneɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [in-dok-truh-neyt] Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used with object), -nat⋅ed, -nat⋅ing.
1. to instruct in a doctrine, principle, ideology, etc., esp. to imbue with a specific partisan or biased belief or point of view.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=indoctrination

$1:
And for the comment that values and loyalties should stay out of school, I say absolutely ridiculous. School is not simply an academic institution, it is the setting in which every child that enters a productive society goes through a process of socialization and experience building.

That would be one side affect, this is true. Good observation. Quote me where I said otherwise. Infact, I include peers as one place to obtain values. Teachers are not peers to students.

$1:
School is the place where you learn the ABC's but you also learn the most basic life experiences which one day will help you become a citizen that can actively engage in the building of the society surrounding them. That's what it was meant for when Plato and Aristotle were around, and that's what its here for now.

Our society is turning out great so far, don't you think? Look at our own buisness practises all over the world, taking advantage of the poor to maximize profits. From the diamond and colton mines in The Democratic Republic of Congo to the sweat shops which produce childrens toys in China and back to the largest percentage of child labor in the wrold; South Americas coco fields. As long as stocks go up though right? I'd say this system of indoctrination has really had a positive impact on the global stage, wouldn't you? We have to take responsibility for our own children because the fact is that they don't listen to their teachers and the parents assume it's all being taken care of which leaves a large blank space in our moral upbringing only to be filled with immages of Britney Spears "I'm a slave for you," N.E.R.Ds "Lap Dance," and countless other questionable, at best, pop immages. Not to say everyone is as irresponsible as these idols but on the average... I'm not so optimistic. Now, because of this kind of system, I'm going to Afghanistan in 6 months to help take care of another group of inductees who've gotten more than a little bit carried away, there are plenty of fingers to point for this situation as well.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:53 pm

What exactly is the stink here? Refusing to play the song or just singing because I never had to sing it but stood at attention until high school.