PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:51 pm

Title: Short-staffed RCMP relaxes recruitment rules
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2009-03-27 22:14:57
Canadian

Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:51 pm

Police lowering their standards lol Lovely!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:57 pm

Jenuine Jenuine:

Well aperrently they aren't getting the numbers they need. It's either this or we do without more police officers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:59 pm

I thought we were in a recession? you mean jobs like this are still available?

maybe we need to get more migrant workers in the country.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:00 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Jenuine Jenuine:

Well aperrently they aren't getting the numbers they need. It's either this or we do without more police officers.

They could make Permanent Residents eligable to apply. Noooo, you have to be a Citizen...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:02 pm

Brenda Brenda:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Jenuine Jenuine:

They could make Permanent Residents eligable to apply. Noooo, you have to be a Citizen...

Nothing wrong with becoming a citizen to get a government job.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:06 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Brenda Brenda:
RUEZ RUEZ:

Nothing wrong with becoming a citizen to get a government job.

You can't become a citizen unless you live in the country over 3 years (or is that changed to 5? :?). You can't get into the country if you are convicted of a drug-related crime (unless you come through family class of course). But you can become a Mountie then... Something doesn't add up here...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:11 pm

Brenda Brenda:
You can't become a citizen unless you live in the country over 3 years (or is that changed to 5? :?). You can't get into the country if you are convicted of a drug-related crime (unless you come through family class of course). But you can become a Mountie then... Something doesn't add up here...

No they are just changing the policy to state that a drug conviction won't automatically disqualify you. Sorry but until you become a citizen you shouldn't be guaranteed the same benefits that citizenship promises.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:11 pm

What jobs are in demand now? I had always thought government jobs are what the kids want these days.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:16 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Brenda Brenda:

No they are just changing the policy to state that a drug conviction won't automatically disqualify you. Sorry but until you become a citizen you shouldn't be guaranteed the same benefits that citizenship promises.

Although I agree with you...
Why not? I pay the same taxes, speak the same language...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:04 pm

Brenda Brenda:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Brenda Brenda:

Loyalty. If you come here and get citizenship right away, what is stopping you from leaving as soon as you get it? If you have to stay in country and work for it, you become embedded and as such it is harder to leave. Plus you have learned to consider the place home and likely wouldn't want to leave after having stayed for that period of time.

Wonder if the RCMP is still turning away white males.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:11 pm

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
Brenda Brenda:

Loyalty. If you come here and get citizenship right away, what is stopping you from leaving as soon as you get it? If you have to stay in country and work for it, you become embedded and as such it is harder to leave. Plus you have learned to consider the place home and likely wouldn't want to leave after having stayed for that period of time.

You didn't get my point :D I don't mind having to be part of a country for a while before I can become a citizen :P
It was more the point of not being able to get a government job if you are not a citizen :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:37 pm

This is VERY disturbing to me. We have a profession that is already disproportionally composed of angry, stupid, anti-social characters and we're going to LOWER the standards?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:51 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
This is VERY disturbing to me. We have a profession that is already disproportionally composed of angry, stupid, anti-social characters and we're going to LOWER the standards?

Wow.. that's progressive of you. Why don't you apply and raise their standards then? I'm sure they'd love someone with you're enlightened and entitled opinions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:

Don't worry, white males are still hired and employed by the RCMP in numbers greater then their percentage of the Canadian population.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  1  2  3  4  5  Next