Title: Outrage over N Korea nuclear test
Category: World
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2009-05-25 20:40:35

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:48 pm

One of these days sooner or later and it looks like it will be sooner somebody will need to make Kim Jong Ill "die for his country" before he does something really stupid like start a war.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:41 pm

So why did the US go into Iraq and not North Korea?

Definatly disturbing and i'm not really sure what "We" can do about it. Military actions would be a very hard sell, if they do have the nuke they could use it at a great cost to live. And if they don't have it in a launchable form the size of their army is so large and brainwashed that there would be a large loss of life with any military conflict I would imagine.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
So why did the US go into Iraq and not North Korea?

Definatly disturbing and i'm not really sure what "We" can do about it. Military actions would be a very hard sell, if they do have the nuke they could use it at a great cost to live. And if they don't have it in a launchable form the size of their army is so large and brainwashed that there would be a large loss of life with any military conflict I would imagine.

Same was said about Iraq and its million man army. Shock and awe can be seriously influential over the common soldier.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:54 pm

I dunno, i think the N Korea army is different. They are more like the Japanese from wwii.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:58 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
I dunno, i think the N Korea army is different. They are more like the Japanese from wwii.

Hard to say I s'pose. Iraq was judged partly on the recent war experience in the Iran/Iraq war. There they'd had several years experience fighting a like-minded army.

N. Korea has fought no one in 60 years. I think they put on a great show until the first 2000 pounder drops.