Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:53 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Since the US has such a torrid love affair with firearms, why don't you just shit and get off the pot. Make it mandatory that EVERY citizen over the age of 16 MUST carry one. Then you can alll relive the "glory days" of the Old West, since y'all seem to act like it already is anyway.

Every male in Switzerland has a mandatory military training and keep their ASSAULT rifle at home. They can carry it. They also have to train every year. And it is one of the more peaceful country on Earth. You can have guns without killing everyone in your sight... I will say like ridenrain: I guess those who have a problem with guns are those who should not have one because they could be dangerous.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:56 pm

if fire arms are so evil and violent, then why do we require our governments and police forces to have them?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:58 pm

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
Proculation Proculation:
Akhenaten Akhenaten:
Yes but why is it the 'purest form of protest'? (I thought it was for home defense but whatever). Because it's a threat. The threat is revolt. As I said he has the right to bring an assault weapon to the grocery store or to pick up his kids from school but he doesn't bring it there does he? So the idea of bringing a rifle to a protest is to insinuate a threat.

Do you bring protest signs in grocery stores or to pick up your kids ?

You might...Does that really answer my point?

Exactly. You can do it but you won't.

This guy can bring his gun in a grocery store but he won't because why would he do it ? Because there's no point to do that while demonstrate in a protest with signs (or carrying a gun) means something. I don't know why this is SO difficult to understand for some.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:01 pm

$1:
while demonstrate in a protest with signs (or carrying a gun) means something.

Means what? When you bring a rifle to a health care reform speech...what does that mean?

I don't know what you're arguing. As I said the only reason to bring the rifle is to insinuate a threat. Is that necessary? Should Americans everywhere at every time now bring a rifle to every protest? Or just the ones for democratic presidents? The fact is the insinuated threat is "I get my way or we'll rise up and revolt" -- or put another way, the only people with rights to run this country are the ones with the guns... and that's ridiculous considering the topic at hand not to mention dangerous.

Last edited by Akhenaten on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:02 pm

Scape Scape:
...the only possible reason for that public display of firepower is simple intimidation.

Pardon me, but your bias is showing.

C'mon Scape, you're better than this.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:02 pm

I used to bring my penis on dates, but it wasn't to insinuate sex or rape.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:03 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Scape Scape:
...the only possible reason for that public display of firepower is simple intimidation.

It's not 'bias', it's fact. There is no other reason to bring the rifle except to make a threat.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Praxius Praxius:
Once again, another flawed perspective.

I take it this was an introduction to your comments?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:06 pm

ASLplease ASLplease:
I used to bring my penis on dates, but it wasn't to insinuate sex or rape.

<yawn>

You bring the damn penis everywhere so maybe quit this nonsensical 'argument' ok? It was funny for a moment but it has nothing to do with anything.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:06 pm

ASLplease ASLplease:
if fire arms are so evil and violent, then why do we require our governments and police forces to have them?

Because, all too frequently, governments are evil and violent and it is only an armed citizenry that can stand to awe such a thing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
It's not 'bias', it's fact. There is no other reason to bring the rifle except to make a threat.

You must have been a ton of fun when your English teacher tried to explain the concept of metaphors to you.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
$1:
while demonstrate in a protest with signs (or carrying a gun) means something.

Means what? When you bring a rifle to a health care reform speech...what does that mean?

I don't know what you're arguing. As I said the only reason to bring the rifle is to insinuate a threat. Is that necessary? Should Americans everywhere at every time now bring a rifle to every protest? Or just the ones for democratic presidents? The fact is the insinuated threat is "I get my way or we'll rise up and revolt" -- or put another way, the only people with rights to run this country are the ones with the guns... and that's ridiculous considering the topic at hand not to mention dangerous.

Ok, so if someone brought a sign written "Stop Obama before all my freedoms are gone!" or something like that, that would be insinuating a threat ?

I'm not saying it was appropriate to protest with a gun to a health care debate. But this is not a threat AT ALL. It's about freedom and he thinks Obama is gonna regulate a lot of things and bring the government to a unsustainable monster. That's his opinion you should respect it.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:08 pm

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Scape Scape:

I'll remember that the next time I'm pulled over by a gun toting police officer that wants to give me a speeding ticket. I am going to demand an apology from him for needlessly threatening a peaceful law abiding citizen.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Akhenaten Akhenaten:

You must have been a ton of fun when your English teacher tried to explain the concept of metaphors to you.

Non-answer. I'll ask you again, in regards toyour 'purest form of protest' post:
$1:
Yes but why is it the 'purest form of protest'? (I thought it was for home defense but whatever). Because it's a threat. The threat is revolt. As I said he has the right to bring an assault weapon to the grocery store or to pick up his kids from school but he doesn't bring it there does he? So the idea of bringing a rifle to a protest is to insinuate a threat.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Scape Scape:

Not at all.

The gun lobby in the US is concerned about Obama
putting new restrictions on weapons.

1. Bringing a weapon to a protest will generate publicity
about this issue, and hopefully also undermine the
Health care bomb he will drop.

2. It is a legal activity.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 6  7  8  9  10  11  12 ... 28  Next