Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:57 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Isn't it possible that the purpose of carrying a rifle is to remind people that they have a right to carry a rifle? :idea:

Why would anybody have to remind anybody about that right at a presidential rally? Once again, since you and other's avoided it before.... What's the relation of expressing this right at a talk about health care reform, other then to A) - Show off or B) - to intimidate?

Hey, I got a wonderful idea.... I think I'll go and strap on my C-7 under my coat and head to a church on a nice warm Sunday morn..... sit down, and then halfway through, I'll stand up and scream "HEY EVERYBODY!!!!! CHECK IT OUT!!!! I GOT MY FIREARM AND I'M ALLOWED WHHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!" as I jump up and down, waving it all over the place.

I'm sure several children and old people will have shat their pants by the time I sit back down.

Afterall... hypothetically, it'd be my right to do that under the constitution, right?

:wink:

$1:
Also, you are not too familiar with Arizona, are you? The sight of anyone anywhere in Arizona carrying a rifle is not going to intimidate the natives. It might bother you but it won't bother them.

Meh, I got many other places I can visit in the world, personally speaking.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:04 am

ManifestDestiny ManifestDestiny:
Yeah cant say you can do all of this in Canada !!! But they dont know this, they cant see through their need to be different from the USA at any cost.

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
We are different than the USA and it din't cost us anything.

Really? :roll:

Yeah. Really.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:04 am

ASLplease ASLplease:
wow, this thread has degressed to "the looney left" and "the looney right"

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:05 am

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
A perfect representation of the squealing little-girl panic the dumbest are prone to. Yep. "Health Care!?!" and all of a sudden every twit with a rifle thinks he's Patrick Henry...."Over my dead body!!!". As ironic as it is pathetic.

Ive come to realize from most of the posts on this topic Canadians have no true understanding of liberty, (as many Americans)

Keep telling yourself that.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:12 am

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
Akhenaten Akhenaten:
A perfect representation of the squealing little-girl panic the dumbest are prone to. Yep. "Health Care!?!" and all of a sudden every twit with a rifle thinks he's Patrick Henry...."Over my dead body!!!". As ironic as it is pathetic.

Ive come to realize from most of the posts on this topic Canadians have no true understanding of liberty, (as many Americans)

Keep telling yourself that.

Dont have to you do a good job of remiding all of us.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:14 am

Yeah and you're Patrick Henry.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:15 am

And you remind us how your comment was still groundless prattle.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:16 am

Akhenaten Akhenaten:

No. He's not.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:17 am

The Ammendment tells me i have the right to start a well regulated militia and need arms to do it!

Really?

Then tell me... how are you planning to "Regulate" that Militia well?

At present if most down there decided to round up their buddies with guns to make a Militia, it certainly wouldn't be well regulated and it'd be more like a bunch of goons driving around in a car shooting at mail boxes.

Where's the regulation?

Do you have the proper military training?

Do you know how to train your friends in proper and up to date combat operations and military procedures?

If you do, then good.... what about everybody else who decides to make up their own militia?

Come on.... common sense would show you how wrong your view on this amendment is.

Just because people in the US have guns, doesn't mean they're going to suddenly be well-regulated when the time comes... and if for some freak accident a "Real" military force came through, it'd be just like the reports we hear about in Afghanistan, where NATO troops take out 60 taliban in one day and lose no troops, only the NATO in question would be the invading force, certainly not you guys.

Why do so many Taliban get wiped out so easily with few deaths on our end?

Because of training and education in what's going on.

Hip shooting an AK47 and praying for Alah to guide your bullets isn't anymore effective then acting like a gangsta with your gat, aiming sideways and acting like a thug like he's all that.

Neither are going to hit squat and they're going to be mowed down like the wastes of time they are.

Your view is not a "Well Regulated Militia" in any sense of the term.

$1:
Bet Iranians wish they had this right!!!! we would be looking at a different situation in Iran right now!!!

Poor example. You guys already have your government for the last 8-9 years holding you under your thumb and allowing for botched elections like the Iranians, and still nothing is done.

Oh but once you got a black president trying to actually make sure people in the US get proper health care and well being.... suddenly people need to run to the streets with their guns and act like Taliban Extemists or Iraqi Insurgents.

My how times... don't change.

Last edited by Praxius on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:18 am

Mustang1 Mustang1:
Akhenaten Akhenaten:

Oh...do tell...exactly what are "we" missing? It'll be interesting to see how you articulate it to us.

NOT WITHSTANDNG CLAUSE!
The establishment of a legislative override in a constitutional context appears to be a uniquely Canadian development with no equivalent in either international human rights documents or western democratic human rights declarations.(5) There are a number of Canadian legislative precedents to section 33 in the notwithstanding provisions contained in the Canadian Bill of Rights,(6) the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code,(7) the Alberta Bill of Rights(8) and the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms.(9) Each of these provisions says that the Bill of Rights, Code or Charter is to have primacy over conflicting legislation unless the overriding provision is invoked.
http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/libra ... p194-e.htm

This says to me your Charter of freedoms and rights is useless, and without the right to bear arms you cant do anything to change this! You can keep your fake freedom!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:24 am

NOT WITHSTANDNG CLAUSE!
The establishment of a legislative override in a constitutional context appears to be a uniquely Canadian development with no equivalent in either international human rights documents or western democratic human rights declarations.(5) There are a number of Canadian legislative precedents to section 33 in the notwithstanding provisions contained in the Canadian Bill of Rights,(6) the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code,(7) the Alberta Bill of Rights(8) and the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms.(9) Each of these provisions says that the Bill of Rights, Code or Charter is to have primacy over conflicting legislation unless the overriding provision is invoked.

This says to me your Charter of freedoms and rights is useless, and without the right to bear arms you cant do anything to change this! You can keep your fake freedom!

<yawn>
No it doesn't say it's useless -- far from it. You dally with that which you don't understand. At least we have the freedom to remove a primeminister we don't approve of...you're stuck with your president for 4 years no matter what.

How many times has congressional approval been bypassed by presidents I'm sure you worship? Your right to bear arms is not guaranteeing your freedom. I assure you the moment you and your armed mob start marching down the streets is the moment this foolishness will become apparent to you.

Hell you don't even have the right to a private phone call..... :roll:

Last edited by Akhenaten on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:27 am

Akhenaten Akhenaten:

that you even know who Patrick Henry is tells me he did his job for leaving his mark on History, cant say that about many Canadians from Patrick Henry's time period. Cant say that about many Canadians period.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:28 am

I find it telling that ranting lefties who are outraged that people can cary guns, didn't know the firearm laws in Arizona or any of the other states but now presume to be qualified to preach about firearm education.

"A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost"
http://opencarry.org

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:30 am

NOT WITHSTANDNG CLAUSE!

Way to quote without knowing, it ONLY applies temporarily to sections 2 and 7-15 and it is a nod to Parliamentary Supremacy, which is based on basic democracy. Other countries with modern constitutions employ a similar clause.

Canadians understand liberty quite well...unlike you...and like good Canadians we mix it nicely with peace, order and good government. And its serves us well.

We're not missing anything, we're not using archaic amendments and like civilized people we don't need to resort to violence to work out our political differences.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:30 am

Akhenaten Akhenaten:

that you even know who Patrick Henry is tells me he did his job for leaving his mark on History, cant say that about many Canadians from Patrick Henry's time period. Cant say that about many Canadians period.

Yeah actually I can, however that Americans like you like to get yourself worked up into a semi-sexual lather over stories that have become more myth than reality don't pay attention to details or anyone else besides yourself. He only leaves a mark on your history and you can't live next door to a loud mouth neighbor without hearing all of their useless nonsense and ranting.
I'm know I could come up with any number of famous Canadians who fought for freedom or justice and you'd never have heard of them so naturally they wouldn't pass the muster of your exaggerated hero-self-worship.

Last edited by Akhenaten on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 14  15  16  17  18  19  20 ... 28  Next