bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:42 pm

andyt andyt:
Yogi Yogi:
BTW, with what you've been saying about Sikh men, I think a lot of them would call you racist. Tho I do agree that some Sikhs are like that.

I don't agree with that statement. Nothing 'racist' about it. Facts are facts. The type of attitude/sexual practices we have been discussing are, I am sure, common to a number of people, regardless of their race.

As I said, i hold the same bias as you do. But if it has nothing to do with race (or culture in this case) you wouldn't have brought it up in this context, nor would you have been so certain that this is what was playing out in this case.[/quote]

The 'sexual practice' that we have been discussing is not limited to any onerace. It just happens that the woman involved is of Indian origin/culture/ race.
The 'typical garb' would easily allow her to hide her pregnancy from family and co-workers.
I've already told you how she could just as easily gotten this past her bf/husband. If you can't understand that, then I can't explain it any clearer.

This whole thread could have been about a Mennenite or Hutterite woman who also wear big, wide dresses and such. Had it been, would you still have construed my statements as racist?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:49 pm

She works in a law office, but now you've got her dressed in shalwar kameez? Where are you getting all this from? If she was so traditional I don't see her having sex with multiple partners or living common law either.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:25 pm

andyt andyt:
She works in a law office, but now you've got her dressed in shalwar kameez? Where are you getting all this from? If she was so traditional I don't see her having sex with multiple partners or living common law either.

I'm so used to seeing women dressed in saree that it is the first thing that came to mind. Secondly, was the thought of how easy it is to hide a pregnant belly under one.

Are you telling us that 'you' have never seen an Indian woman dressed in a saree working at a job? 8O

Attachments:
Indian Saree.jpg
Indian Saree.jpg [ 51.95 KiB | Viewed 105 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:14 pm

Yogi Yogi:
andyt andyt:

I'm so used to seeing women dressed in saree that it is the first thing that came to mind. Secondly, was the thought of how easy it is to hide a pregnant belly under one.

Are you telling us that 'you' have never seen an Indian woman dressed in a saree working at a job? 8O

I'm telling you you're going way against the odds. We have lots of Sikhs in Vancouver. I don't recall seeing one of them in traditional dress in an office setting - but plenty who wear western clothes. You're so determined to make yourself right you're just reaching at straws.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:31 pm

andyt andyt:
Yogi Yogi:
andyt andyt:

I'm telling you you're going way against the odds. We have lots of Sikhs in Vancouver. I don't recall seeing one of them in traditional dress in an office setting - but plenty who wear western clothes. You're so determined to make yourself right you're just reaching at straws.

Not at all! Very common around Edmonton to see Indian women in traditional dress. In office, at work, virtually everywhere. Why do you find that so hard to believe???

You are just as determined to 'teach me' all about a culture of which you have very little/no knowledge of, and I have lived WITH since 1986. Good luck with that,eh!

As far as 'hiding a pregnancy under a saree' goes, also very easy to do I have seen/not seen :lol: that many times!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:01 pm

In Sikh culture if the woman goes against the parents wishes for a husband that was partially chosen for her (with her partial permission of course), she is as good as dead to them.

If she had gone against her family's wishes in choosing a partner, she may have been cut off which may have led to a slow but self hating path of mental destruction.

I've dealt with a Sikh girl, and the way her family dealt with internal matters is nothing short of barbaric. If they found out about 'us' she would have been shipped off to England, or worse India.