Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:02 pm

For 31 seconds they did. Before that they were telling us we were all ass-holes and spitting at us.

How's that armchair andy?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:09 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
For 31 seconds they did. Before that they were telling us we were all ass-holes and spitting at us.

How's that armchair andy?

So you didn't charge when they were calling assholes and spitting at you (pretty good spitters to cover that distance), but when they started on Oh Canada, that was the final straw? Can't say I blame you - they probably mangled words.

Sorta like there were none of your around when the rioters struck Queen Street, but it makes a nice excuse to wade into the peaceful protesters next time around?

I know cops have a tough job, and sometimes telling the dickheads from the peaceful citizens is difficult. But from what I read from you here, you don't even care to try to differentiate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:22 pm

Well andy, you probably made up your mind about the cops before the G20 started. I don't need to able to read between the lines to suss out who you side with.

You stick to getting your opinions from the CBC and CTV and I'll stick with mine that were formed after 35 hrs on the lines on Saturday and Sunday.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:29 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Well andy, you probably made up your mind about the cops before the G20 started. I don't need to able to read between the lines to suss out who you side with.

You stick to getting your opinions from the CBC and CTV and I'll stick with mine that were formed after 35 hrs on the lines on Saturday and Sunday.

Nah, that's just you trying to make up my reality. I have a lot of respect for good cops, they play a vital role in our society. But cops that conflate peaceful demonstrators with violent dickheads, to me are for more scary than the dickheads themselves. The dickheads have no general support, and can easily be taken care of. Cops trying to shut down civil rights is far more dangerous.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Just out of curiosity, what do you think would have happened had the G20 just been hosted without any of the overt security? It could have been kept just as secure for the summit leaders without telling anyone anything, without any of the pre-summit security build up. Why didn't they just go ahead and hold the conference without any of the pre-game press? Do you think the protesters would have shown up to start shit had the government not flexed its muscle in the weeks leading up (putting up the fences, riot-gearing the cops)? I seriously doubt that any of the anarchists and shit disturbers would have bothered even showing up if the government hadn't put the riot cops on the streets in the first place. I don't see how having the cops there did any good.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:39 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
Just out of curiosity, what do you think would have happened had the G20 just been hosted without any of the overt security? Without any of the pre-summit security build up. Why didn't they just go ahead and hold the conference without any of the pre-game press? Do you think the protesters would have shown up to start shit had the government not flexed its muscle in the weeks leading up (putting up the fences, riot-gearing the cops)? I seriously doubt that any of the anarchists and shit disturbers would have bothered even showing up if the government hadn't put the riot cops on the streets in the first place. I don't see how having the cops there did any good.

Can't go that far - the few that are bent on destruction would have loved to run riot without cops. Otoh, again, how did Pittsburgh manage to provide security at a tiny fraction of the cost. But I like your thinking outside the box.

I still wonder who's side the violent assholes are for, since all they seem to do is incite the cops to go after the peaceful demonstrators.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
Just out of curiosity, what do you think would have happened had the G20 just been hosted without any of the overt security? Without any of the pre-summit security build up. Why didn't they just go ahead and hold the conference without any of the pre-game press? Do you think the protesters would have shown up to start shit had the government not flexed its muscle in the weeks leading up (putting up the fences, riot-gearing the cops)? I seriously doubt that any of the anarchists and shit disturbers would have bothered even showing up if the government hadn't put the riot cops on the streets in the first place. I don't see how having the cops there did any good.

Almost as if the massive security and the protestors need each other.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:44 pm

I think Seattle took everyone by surprise, and they didn't have massive security then. Now the two sides are locked in a dance, tho I still wonder how far apart they really are.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:10 pm

Maybe we should have just let them get on with it Zip eh?

I won’t change your guys views on the police. They were made up a long time ago.

To tell you the truth, what I saw this weekend, the abuse we were subjected too and the way certain people in our society think they can do anything they want because they feel they have a god-given right to, well, it just disappointed me.

I saw this stuff in Manchester from over-educated idiots who looked condescendingly down their noses at us, but I truly expected better in Toronto. I guess I was wrong.

The media really revealed their true side too. I’ve worked with the mainstream media for years and we have built a reasonable working relationship with them.

It’s gonna take us a long time to forget how they obstructed us, portrayed us and gave a voice to minority elements without so much of a challenge from them. Hypocrites

I still love ya though Zip!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:18 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
I seriously doubt that any of the anarchists and shit disturbers would have bothered even showing up if the government hadn't put the riot cops on the streets in the first place.

These people are not there to put on theatrics for law enforcement, they are there to promote their anti-capitalist and anti-government agendas.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:45 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Maybe we should have just let them get on with it Zip eh?

I won’t change your guys views on the police. They were made up a long time ago.

To tell you the truth, what I saw this weekend, the abuse we were subjected too and the way certain people in our society think they can do anything they want because they feel they have a god-given right to, well, it just disappointed me.

I saw this stuff in Manchester from over-educated idiots who looked condescendingly down their noses at us, but I truly expected better in Toronto. I guess I was wrong.

The media really revealed their true side too. I’ve worked with the mainstream media for years and we have built a reasonable working relationship with them.

It’s gonna take us a long time to forget how they obstructed us, portrayed us and gave a voice to minority elements without so much of a challenge from them. Hypocrites

I still love ya though Zip!

My beef is with billion dollar political photo-ops, not duty-bound police officers on the line.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:32 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
These people are not there to put on theatrics for law enforcement, they are there to promote their anti-capitalist and anti-government agendas.

I understand that. But if there weren't any cops their to "promote their anti-capitalistic and anti-government agendas" against, who'd notice?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I understand that. But if there weren't any cops their to "promote their anti-capitalistic and anti-government agendas" against, who'd notice?

Why the media of course.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:40 pm

Perhaps if they'd arrested more masked rioters and fewer reporters they might get more sympathy.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:

The media, store owners who windows will be smashed in, the people whose cars would be torched, local residents, tourists, etc.

I don't get it. This is now the fault of police preemptively planning security arrangements for the G20? The Black Bloc would be around, with or without police presence. The "legitimate" protesters will still give them cover for their violent actions. Might as well be ready for them.

Maybe the police aren't as "proportional" enough, or something.

Oh and thanks for your service Eyebrock. Be careful out there and hopefully you catch some of these Black Block fucktards.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next