Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:03 pm

wildrosegirl wildrosegirl:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

Given the history of the Westboro Baptist Church, why do you think it would only be homosexuals who'd be offended by these supposed Christians? Looking at this thread it seems there are alot of non Gay's who are pretty offended by the actions of these people.

While hate all Homosexuals may be the primary theme of these bigoted assholes, they've also insulted numerous "straight" Americans with their flag desecration antics, god hates america rhetoric and open anti sematism.

They've got alot more enemies to worry about tthan just the gay community.

Oh I never said that gays are their only enemies. Not at all! I just think it would be the icing on the cake to take a whoopin' from a bunch of the folks that they're so set on bashing.

Anyone else would be welcome to take a crack at them too! :lol:

R=UP

And in this case the more the merrier.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:17 pm

andyt andyt:
I know it's just a violent rape fantasy and all, but what you are proposing is actually way worse than the Westboro people. They've never actually physically harmed anybody. Any physical act you do toward them just feeds their paranoia and persecution complex.

[B-o] This thread is interesting. Everyone else seems to want to take away their freedom of speech with a little violence.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:04 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
andyt andyt:
I know it's just a violent rape fantasy and all, but what you are proposing is actually way worse than the Westboro people. They've never actually physically harmed anybody. Any physical act you do toward them just feeds their paranoia and persecution complex.

[B-o] This thread is interesting. Everyone else seems to want to take away their freedom of speech with a little violence.

I know the point you're making, but I would say that our collective freedom (and democracy for that matter) wouldn't be harmed if these people went away.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:14 pm

xerxes xerxes:

I know the point you're making, but I would say that our collective freedom (and democracy for that matter) wouldn't be harmed if these people went away.

No. And if they went away because others got in their faces with their own words, as they did in Canada recently, it would not harm our collective freedom either. But, anything else and it would. Our freedoms are maintained by allowing freedom to the tough cases, not the ones the majority agrees with. Finding an appropriate limit is the tough part, but fighting words (that don't incite or threaten violence) with anything but words means you lose.

By the way, the gay couple that had the neighborhood drive off the prayers did not appreciate it at all. They said those people prayed in that spot because it allowed them to assemble, and the gay couple did not feel the prayers were directed at them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:50 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

Given the history of the Westboro Baptist Church, why do you think it would only be homosexuals who'd be offended by these supposed Christians? Looking at this thread it seems there are alot of non Gay's who are pretty offended by the actions of these people.

While hate all Homosexuals may be the primary theme of these bigoted assholes, they've also insulted numerous "straight" Americans with their flag desecration antics, god hates america rhetoric and open anti sematism.

They've got alot more enemies to worry about than just the gay community.

Edited for speling. 8O

I'm a Christian and this group pisses me off to no end. Phelps showed up in Windsor one day years ago to spew his vitriolic hate speech. The only thing that prevented me from giving him a mouthful of bloody chicklets was the cop that grabbed me before I could unload on him. I wasn't feeling very Christian that day :lol:
I don't hate many individuals but the entire inbred Phelps family is numero uno on my hate list.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:06 am

I don't know if God exists and I'm in no hurry to find out. However, I despise both extremes who try and force their views on others, both those asswipes who say that the unbeliever(those who don't fit their idea of a true believer)is destined for hellfire, and those rabid atheist knob gobblers who attack any and all who think a spiritual existence is possible.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:57 am

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
This kind of shit pisses me off, this christian hate speech.

They're no Christians!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:00 am

The Westboro Church espouses an anti-gay attitude that is demonstrably tolerant and understanding compared to some. All they are doing, really, is just protesting in a very rude way. They've never hurt anyone and, so far as I know, they've not encouraged violence against anyone. At the same time, I also believe they provoke other people to violence and that the Westboro people should be held responsible for the emotional violence that they wreak on so many grieving families.

Still, what they do is a shade different from some other folks who not only are intolerant of gays, they actively kill them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:01 am

Benn Benn:
Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
This kind of shit pisses me off, this christian hate speech.

They're no Christians!

Hate to admit it, but yes, they are.