canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Title: Abbas, Palestinians should die: Israeli rabbi .
Category: Political
Posted By: DerbyX
Date: 2010-08-29 11:01:39

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Good job Rabbi, giving Hamas ammo against your country.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Ugly, but I don't think that anyone's ever claimed that Israel doesn't have it's own fair share of religious kooks causing trouble. They do, and just like the Christian kooks in the United States, and just like the Muslim kooks throughout the Islamic world, they end up making nothing but difficulty and problems for everyone else. The mere existence of idiots like this is nothing more than another great argument against allowing religion to have any influence over secular politics at all.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:28 pm

Everyone in the middle east should die, solve lots of problems

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Ugly, but I don't think that anyone's ever claimed that Israel doesn't have it's own fair share of religious kooks causing trouble. They do, and just like the Christian kooks in the United States, and just like the Muslim kooks throughout the Islamic world, they end up making nothing but difficulty and problems for everyone else. The mere existence of idiots like this is nothing more than another great argument against allowing religion to have any influence over secular politics at all.

The difference is that those cooks are seldom cited by the media, even if they are part of the governing coalition. A substantial minority (I hope) of Israelis think that they should have all land to the Jordan and even beyond - how is denying the right of a Palestinian state to exist and less racist (anti-semitic, actually) than denying Israel the right to exist? And since of course a substantial number of American fruit cakes agree with them, that's even more trouble.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Now I don't see any "Moderate Jews" condemning this or speaking our against this Image

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:04 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Now I don't see any "Moderate Jews" condemning this or speaking our against this Image

Actually there are plenty. Published in newspapers and all, and I know many myself. Also some Jewish organizations that work with the Palestinians. One thing you could never accuse Jews of is being a monolithic block. They're like economists - put two in a room and you get 3 opinions. Moderate Muslims would do well to model themselves after moderate Jews.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:28 pm

That's the point, in a roundabout kind of way. Its not published majorly anywhere, I tried looking for it but couldn't find anything other than ol Nut n yahoo trying to distance himself from it. Yet you managed to find it. Point is even if it is there its not headline news.

Same thing with the muslims world over but again again specially here I read the same thing. Muslims arn't speaking out against their share of the loons while there are plenty even up to the recent arrests in Ottawa. But no one seems to read them or remember them. And then its blamed and claimed that no one speaks out.

You will rarely hear people speak out against the bad elements of their communities, countries or religion but that doesn't mean they are all for it. You don't hear new yorkers taking to the streets or issuing condemning statements everytime there is a robbery or murder in new york. Yet Muslims arn't afforded the same luxury ? Why is it we are becoming guilty by association and guilty until proven innocent. Its seems some people think that everytime a muslim even farts in public all 1 billion of us have to issue an apology and explanation ?

Muslims are the most vocal about this issue but somehow those voices are drowned out in the negative media hype.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:29 pm

desertdude desertdude:

Well, on here I don't know if there are Jewish members, and since you've obviously never to been to Israel, you've never seen the how the black hats and settlers are dealt with...or viewed by most Israelis. 90%+ of the people are very secular. The religious nuts we're discussing here would like to see a a Jewish version of a theocracy established. They're no different than the radical imams/ ayatollahs/mullahs in Islam...just seems to be fewer of them because there aren't that many Jews period. And, most Jews, unlike the Islamic world, tend to be too well educated to swallow their BS.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:31 pm

As for being a monolithic bloc I couldn't disagree more. Obviously most of my friends are Muslim and hardly do we agree on anything even when to comes to our subtle nuances of our faith. So that's a very crude assumption.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Shep that was a sarcastic remark, I thought the smiley conveyed that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:40 pm

I haven't had coffee yet

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:41 pm

No worries, Its all good 8)