bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:58 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

$1:
The RCMP in B.C. is coming under fire again for the use of stun guns and restraints in the death of a Prince George man, and for the internal investigation conducted after his death.

In 2003, Clay Willey, 33, was hog-tied and shocked with two Tasers simultaneously by officers at the Prince George detachment. He died hours later in hospital.

An autopsy later found Willey had cuts, bruises and broken ribs but ultimately died from cardiac arrest brought on by a cocaine overdose.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... eport.html

Lots of information out there. As I said "People are dying all the time from Taser use". Shall I do more of your homework?

Perhaps you should read your own quotes. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Hey look! People who don't understand the Use of Force framework!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Tricks Tricks:

Hey look! A troll that's offered nothing to the post!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:22 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Tricks Tricks:

Hey look! A troll that's offered nothing to the post!

Hey look! I'm supporting you!
:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:26 pm

For something so easy to follow, lots of people seem to not understand this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:03 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

As i've said before, 4 big RCMP trained in such techniques would have no problem subduing him. Without resorting to the potentially lethal force they had decided to use long before they even knew the situation.

And if they tackle him to the ground, which was the other option, and he died, would that have been acceptable?
Seriously???? Yeah, let's go with one of two extreme options. How about number 3 where they approach him slowly and talk quietly. Besides, the guy was what, almost 80?

Dziekanski was in his 40's and a strapping fellow. But one cop was heard to ask "can I taser him" before they even arrived on scene - shows the mindset.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:05 am

Tricks Tricks:
For something so easy to follow, lots of people seem to not understand this.

Very pretty. Yet the police in BC have changed their policy after recommendations of the Braidwood inquiry. Guess they don't understand your pretty picture either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:54 am

The cops involved in this five years ago have been held accountable, pilloried in the media and the RCMP training has been changed.

Tim Hortons, on the other hand, still keep fucking my drive through order up.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:38 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Lots of information out there. As I said "People are dying all the time from Taser use". Shall I do more of your homework?

You still haven't proven anything.

Your trying to exaggerate the fact that taser deaths are rare. So rare, that they happen "all the time".

Your insinuation is nothing short of false.

So rare, they happen less than death due to lightning and less than those who die from spider bites.

If you went to someone and said, "people die all the time due to spider bites" they'd laugh at you, although they happen 2x more often than taser deaths.

Do people die "all the time" using fireworks?

Do the math, Mr. Google.

I think you fail to grasp a fundamental part of debate - I don't have to prove my opinion.

It is my opinion, and therefore correct. Proof is not required. I have provided links that back up my opinion that the 'non-lethal' tasers do in fact kill people quite often.

You seem to think that because some other event considered 'rare' happens more often than taser deaths that negates my opinion. It doesn't. That's a classic logical fallicy. Do the math yourself if you wish: how often does lightning strike (thousands of times per day around the world), vs how often are tasers deployed (once a week? a month??) Which has a higher incidence of death per ocurrence? And does that negate my opinion that tasers kill people? No.

Conducted energy weapons kill people. Fact.

Tasers can cause great physical harm, even if it isn't fatal. Fact.

Tasers more often than not have no lingering effect on the conductee. Fact.

Police have new guidelines on how to deploy this potentially lethal weapon. Fact.

By all means, keep trying to disprove my opinion instead of providing facts to back up your own. I can do this all day.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

By all means, keep trying to disprove my opinion instead of providing facts to back up your own. I can do this all day.

Your opinion is not whether or not tasers kill people, we know they do. I have never disputed that they do not.

Your opinion is that tasers kill people frequently.

Personally, I don't consider 5 deaths per year a frequent event and have provided facts and actual numbers which my opinion is based on.

If that's your opinion, we'll agree to disagree.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:57 am

Doc, just one thing. How many post mortems in Canada have placed the medical cause of death as 'taser'?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:36 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
The cops involved in this five years ago have been held accountable, pilloried in the media and the RCMP training has been changed.

Tim Hortons, on the other hand, still keep fucking my drive through order up.

Pilloried in the media - the horror. Guess we should let the rioters off the hook as well, for all the trashing they got in the media. No accountability at all. Caleb thinks they should be charged with manslaughter. I think that's going too far. Their training didn't tell them that death could result. Excessive use of force seems more appropriate. Or just demote and retrain them.

I'm way more interested in their superiors also being charged with perjury (their own) and abetting perjury. It's the cover up that stinks the worst here.

But I know, don't criticize the coooooooooooooops, don't criticize the cooooooooooooooooooops. :cry:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:45 am

Try an educated view instead andy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 am

You mean your no worries one - don't criticize the cooooooooooooops.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:33 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Your opinion is not whether or not tasers kill people, we know they do. I have never disputed that they do not.

I wasn't disputing that.

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Your opinion is that tasers kill people frequently.

Right. 'Frequently'. Some amount between 'Never' and 'Always'. If statistics were kept (other than in 2008) as to how often police draw their tasers, then we could compare it to lightning strikes and give some perspective between your 'rarely' and my 'frequently'.

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Personally, I don't consider 5 deaths per year a frequent event and have provided facts and actual numbers which my opinion is based on.

If that's your opinion, we'll agree to disagree.

Really? If lightning kills 7 people a year, and it's 'rare' for the number of times lightning stikes in Canada (say, 1 million), but 5 taser deaths a year vs the number of times a taser is used in Canada (say, 1000) is not frequent?

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Doc, just one thing. How many post mortems in Canada have placed the medical cause of death as 'taser'?

I don't have access to autopsy records. I doubt any would be attributed to 'taser' rather to "Excited Delerium".

Stats Canada also does not keep records on deaths by unsual methods either.

http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/legal01-eng.htm
http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/cansim/pick-c ... ue=1&p2=37