Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:11 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
DanSC DanSC:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
But oilsands oil is not allowed for import into California because of it's high carbon footprint.

One should never look to the Government of California for reason.

But they are a great source of Karmic humour. ;)

Yes, and that is about it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:29 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:
$1:
I have not seen the study or any commentary. I don't think the Europeans will take kindly to the bullying tone Canada is adopting.

The EU is the one who put in place a ban on Canadian seal pelts and now is publicly moving against Canadian oil.

Yet we are the bully?

According to them, yes.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm surprised the EU can get anything done at all.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:04 pm

Frankly, who cares? AFAIK, we aren't planning on selling it to them anyways. Europe is the Old World, and the future lies with Asia - that's where our new market lies. Let them boycott our products all they want - there are lots of other nations who want to buy it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:47 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Frankly, who cares? AFAIK, we aren't planning on selling it to them anyways.

Au contraire! British Petroleum, Royal Dutch Shell, Total Energy; all have large stakes in the oilsands. Which is why those 3 countries are among the ones that obstained from voting.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:01 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Frankly, who cares? AFAIK, we aren't planning on selling it to them anyways.

Au contraire! British Petroleum, Royal Dutch Shell, Total Energy; all have large stakes in the oilsands. Which is why those 3 countries are among the ones that obstained from voting.

The reason those companies are operating in the oil sands is mostly because the oil sands are one of the few major oil deposits on earth that foreign countries can still operate in - most major oil deposits worldwide have been nationalized and are run solely by the nation's which on them (like in the ME, Venezuala, etc).

European companies may be operating in the oil sands, but they don't sell it to European countries, they sell it to Canadians and the US. If Northern Gateway gets built, then I could see them selling it to Asia too, but given that there are no plans (that I've heard of anyways) to build a pipeline to Churchill or the Maritimes, I don't see how any of those companies even could sell it to Europe even if they wanted too.