PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:41 pm

This one confuses me.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:57 pm

This part of the world doesn't make any sense at the best of times! :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:10 pm

I am still confused about the fact the Afghans claimed those Koran's were burned by US soldiers, and every one believes that without hesitation...

Obviously, any "retaliation" is condoned. Killing people in a safe zone, trashing and smashing British WWII graves.

Who says the Afghans didn't burn them themselves and then blamed the US?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:36 pm

They deserve better than that.

Allah can go fuck himself. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:46 pm

martin14 martin14:

I smell a fatwah comming your way. ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Although I can give your directions to a Mr. Rushdie's house, who seems to be knowledgable in these things. :D

R=UP

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Maybe they think they would have been better off under Nazi rule?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:51 pm

DanSC DanSC:
Maybe they think they would have been better off under Nazi rule?

I don't think it would have been worse.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:54 pm

martin14 martin14:

Yes they do, the Libyans can go to hell, it's a shame we can't give it back to Colonel Kaddafy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Should have minded our own business....keep this in mind when considering Assad in Syria.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Brenda Brenda:

Who says the Afghans didn't burn them themselves and then blamed the US?

The Americans themselves. Issued an abject apology. It's the Afghan's country, they can do what they want.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:31 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Should have minded our own business....keep this in mind when considering Assad in Syria.

Shep I can't agree with you more. NATO did a lot to get rid of the Colonel and this is what they did to the British war dead and they want to put a a barbaric stone age government when they have the golden opportunity to put in place a democratic Constitutionally based government with equal rights.

In considering Assad in Syria just leave it alone, the people won't appreciate it and we will just get more of the same as in this desecration over a F book.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:53 pm

The British government (especially under Gordon Brown) was also in bed with Qadafi to serve the interests of British Petroleum, up to the point of releasing the Lockerbie bomber back to Libya just to make the good Colonel more willing to sign off on oil extraction contracts. Not that I'll make any excuses for Muslims when they start acting all religious-fervour stupid, but if the Libyans believe that the Brits were supporting the former tyrant they've really got no reason to show them any love. That the Brits participated in Qadafi's overthrow still means that they only break about 50-50.

The Muslims in North Africa are almost totally indifferent to the fight against the Germans in the Western Desert. The Nazis engaged in no meaningful atrocities against any of the local civilians there; SS units, neither the Waffens nor the extermination squads, weren't even posted to the desert theatre of operations at all. Thanks to the behaviour of the old empires and from the usual anger from being considered colonies of the Eurpoeans, the Muslims probably had harder feelings against the French and British than they ever did against the Axis. As such trying any "we saved you from Hitler!" bellyaching that people in our part of the world resort to far too often means absolutely nothing to the people that live there. It was our war, not theirs, even if a critical portion of the fighting happened in their countries.

Repatriating the graves back home to Britain would be the more prudent course to take on this issue.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Syria? How about Iran?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:16 am

Scape Scape:
Syria? How about Iran?

I would include Iran in that last, although the question there is whether the Iranians are interested in making a nuclear weapon as is alleged.

If they are merely interested in brutalizing themselves, yes then lets let them.