Title: Lucy Lawless arrested after protest on Arctic oil ship
Category: World
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2012-02-26 21:53:27

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:06 pm

I really want to start a counter-protest that specifically targets Greenpeace and the idiocy of what they are proposing. Humanity is not ready to give up oil, we would lose hundreds of years of development and our population would crash because there is no good green answer right now. We have nuclear power but they hate that too despite the fact it is the best solution that we have to our oil reliance.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:09 pm

I don't think their message is quite that simple.
They want less oil exploration, less environmental destruction, less dirty fuel subsidies, and a push for clean renewable energy. Think sustainable development.
Think about how Germany pushed their solar program (in the cloudiest nation in Europe I might add), to be so successful the cost is now on par with conventional energy and they have so much surplus solar energy being produced they can't use it all until they upgrade their grid.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Prof_Chomsky Prof_Chomsky:
I don't think their message is quite that simple.
They want less oil exploration, less environmental destruction, less dirty fuel subsidies, and a push for clean renewable energy. Think sustainable development.
Think about how Germany pushed their solar program (in the cloudiest nation in Europe I might add), to be so successful the cost is now on par with conventional energy and they have so much surplus solar energy being produced they can't use it all until they upgrade their grid.

Solar power also requires frequent washing and very large amounts of land unless you put them on top of everyone's houses. Wind power massacres bird and bat populations, hydro requires large areas to be flooded. Right now we have nuclear and oil as feasible green energies on a large scale and we still have a rapidly growing population, we need more oil and nuclear power until green power is cheap and both economically and environmentally feasible.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:50 pm

I wanna do the strip search !

8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:32 pm

She's really taking this "Zena Warrior Princess" crap to far. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:39 pm

Remember when she blew a tit while singing the national anthem at an Anaheim Ducks game? Disney family entertainment at its best. 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
Remember when she blew a tit while singing the national anthem at an Anaheim Ducks game? Disney family entertainment at its best. 8)

[drool] Cylon nipples...