Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:49 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Let me ask you a hypothetical question.

Should political parties be held responsible for people who aren't working for any campaign who pull stunts during a campaign?

If it turns out that some loonie, left or right, is responsible for these calls do we blame the person or the party?

If a company collects information about Canadians, it's protected by our privacy laws. It's the companies responsibility to ensure its kept private. The same should be true of the Reformacon super-database. If this fool used it for nefarious purposes as an agent of the Conservative party, then the conservatives are responsible. Legally, and morally. Not that it matters though, the ridings with marginal wins where these calls happened were won with the help of these shenanigans, and the election results are invalid.

Guelph Tory staffers openly discussed misleading robocalls: court documents
$1:
Elections Canada says it was told by Conservative staffers that local campaign workers in Guelph, Ont., openly discussed making misleading telephone calls during the last election.

Newly filed court documents say Conservative staff told chief investigator Allan Mathews that Guelph Tory staffer Michael Sona talked about American-style politics and making misleading or harassing calls to non-supporters.

Conservative party lawyer Arthur Hamilton accompanied the staffers when they spoke to Mathews.

Sona has denied being behind the calls.

The court filings also shed light on Mathews’ hunt for the elusive “Pierre Poutine,” the name linked to the account behind the Guelph calls.

To Edmonton-based RackNine Inc., he was client 93, who gave the fake name Pierre S. Jones.

I think the Reformacons are just stupid enough to leave a trail.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:12 pm

I hope they fine the goofball responsible for all these calls then use that money for a bi-election. You can't really blame the party but it's hard not to see that if people were tricked into showing up at the wrong time or date they deserve a chance to get to cast their vote.

As a matter of respect to democracy a bi-election is necessary.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Curtman Curtman:
Not that it matters though, the ridings with marginal wins where these calls happened were won with the help of these shenanigans, and the election results are invalid.

Prove it.

Until then, you've got nothing. As usual.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:45 pm

Big deal.

Only robots pay any attention to robocalls.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:33 am

But, but, but, the NDP used illegal campaign funds from big unions. :roll:

See how it works. :D

Don't like your anyone attacking your party for it's trangressions, deflect, deflect, deflect and trust me every parties syncophants do it, some just more than others.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:53 am

I'm a member of the Liberal party, so whatever you're talking about is BS as usual. Hold all party's to the same standard sounds like a good way to go.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:59 am

Curtman Curtman:
I'm a member of the Liberal party, so whatever you're talking about is BS as usual. Hold all party's to the same standard sounds like a good way to go.

Be sure to show us when you do, because all I see from you is left wing hackery. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:08 am

Curtman Curtman:

You don't....so how can you preach?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:00 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Curtman Curtman:

Be sure to show us when you do, because all I see from you is left wing hackery. :roll:

I think what the NDP did was wrong. When BeaverFever posted I wasn't sure anymore, but I think there should be a penalty for trying to skirt the rules. There wasn't any for the harperites though. So, what say you? Penalty for both, or penalty for none?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:15 am

Curtman Curtman:
harperites

:roll:

Keep hacking away.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:00 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Curtman Curtman:
harperites

:roll:

Keep hacking away.

So you call me a partisan hack after I say they should be treated equally, AND refuse to answer a direct question about how you feel about it.

You are the hack my friend. What is it that you are upset about, and how did this travel back to the Robocall thread anyway?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:11 pm

Curtman Curtman:
So you call me a partisan hack after I say they should be treated equally,

No, I called you a hack because you are. :lol:

$1:
AND refuse to answer a direct question about how you feel about it.

The use of the term "harperite" shows that you are not to be taken seriously

$1:
You are the hack my friend. What is it that you are upset about, and how did this travel back to the Robocall thread anyway?

Have you ever voted for anyone other than the Libs? I have voted both Liberal and Conservative in my life. Must be the Curt example of hack. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:18 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Curtman Curtman:
So you call me a partisan hack after I say they should be treated equally,

No, I called you a hack because you are. :lol:

$1:
AND refuse to answer a direct question about how you feel about it.

The use of the term "harperite" shows that you are not to be taken seriously

$1:

Have you ever voted for anyone other than the Libs? I have voted both Liberal and Conservative in my life. Must be the Curt example of hack. :roll:

Yeah, the last election I voted NDP. I would rather have my eyes gouged out with a rusty spoon than vote for Steven Harper. If that makes me a hack, then so-be-it.

Still no answer from you. Hackitty hack hack.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Curtman Curtman:
Still no answer from you. Hackitty hack hack.

ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Curtman Curtman:

Nice to hear you committed to a party and weren't just committed, but since you consider that everything I write is bullshit, may I suggest you take your whiney Liberal ass over to the keyboard and press the ignore button so my supposed BS posts don't put to much strain your mind, especially when you're trying to argue your self serving crap ad nauseum.

And yes I think we should be holding every party to the same standard and as soon as Chretien is put in jail for Shawinigate, I'll hold Harper to that same high standard.

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.