Author Topic Options

CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:35 am

Title: Bank of Canada Is At Core of Economy/Election Debate
Topic: Economy
Written By: sthompson
Date: Wednesday, September 24 at 14:51
Federal finance ministers have for many many years now placed the interests of the private banking system over and above the interests of the single shareholder of the Bank of Canada: the federal government: 'we the people'.  This debate should be front and centre in this (any!) election. In a negative way, it is, with Harper complaining about 'where's the money going to come from...?' Well, the answer to that question lay open for all to see within the pages of the Bank of Canada Act. (posted for John Riddell at his request) 
read more

All your news belong to ME! Whahaha I eat news!

Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:04 am

It's funny, bankers are in an industry which requires the greatest amount of trust and are the least trustworthy people on the planet. Human nature is funny that way, isn't it?

Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:31 pm

John sent me a note that the Bank of Canada link was incorrect. It's edited now, but FYI it's supposed to be: www.comer.org/boc/BoCtut.htm

Also, please check out John's election primer video free online (based on Mel Hurtig's bestselling book "The Truth About Canada") Who Killed Canada?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... Canada%3F+

Once it was decided that Canada was to be a branch-plant society of American capitalism, the issue of Canadian nationalism had been settled.--George Grant