Author Topic Options

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:09 pm

The biggest push for the elimination and destruction of the family farm system is going on right now by all economists and governments, to replace them with multinational agribiz monoculture, exactly for the reason of controlling what is going to be grown and where.

And if millions starve to death in the meantime, as it is already happening, it is just too bad, as it means the they're "not producers and not competitive".

Ask any economist and so called "conservative" politician.

The world's food supply is already controlled by 2 corporations who decide what farmers will get for their products. I took 8 beautiful, organic calves to the sales on Wednesday and haven't received the cheque yet, but I'm sure it will be less than what we got 10 years ago, probably below .70 cents a pound, while meat prices are rising in the stores.

But then, this is "wealth creating. globalized, neoclassical
market economics" forced on the world by all "business friendly" governments.

Ed Deak.

Ed Deak.

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:17 am

"Unless you get to the source of power, which ultimately is investment decisions, other changes are cosmetic and can only take place in a limited way. To challenge the right of investors to determine who lives, who dies, and how they live and die - that would be a significant move towards the Enlightenment ideals. That would be revolutionary."
Noam Chomsky

---
"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:26 am

Wait a second I think I have devised a way people can eat money. Start using soy beans to make money!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:53 pm

Sure...make money out of soybeans, or Rice-Krispies, or even gold for that matter...dosent matter WHAT its made of, Its WHO makes it that dictates the rules. Thats the part that has to change.

I agree though...if the US buck was made of soy-beans people would buy it again.

Hal,
Ottawa