canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:39 am

Title: Alberta�s 2019 election underway as Premier Notley drops the writ | Globalnews.ca
Category: Provincial Politics
Posted By: bootlegga
Date: 2019-03-19 09:22:01
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:39 am

So it begins.

I am sorry in advance for anything I say...

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:47 am

I'm merely going to enjoy watching the province burn as the radical left and far right tear each other apart. There is no centre.

EDIT: All things considered. I know I cannot vote for the NDP and the UCP grows ever more unpalatable for me. Would the Alberta Party be a viable option?

Last edited by FieryVulpine on Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:00 am

Yeah I drove through the center of Alberta, there was nothing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:15 am

I'm voting for the Marxist Party of Alberta. They haven't harassed the shit out of me on my phone...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:40 am

People were betting in the Civil Service whether she'd drop the writ before or after tabling the budget. The same Budget we've been working hard on for WEEKS.

Ahh well, I guess the RCMP investigation into Kenney's campaign was too much of a 'Redford Palace' moment not to take advantage of it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:52 am

Youse guys iz gonna voot dem Dippers again, I kun feelz it. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:56 am

FieryVulpine FieryVulpine:
I'm merely going to enjoy watching the province burn as the radical left and far right tear each other apart. There is no centre.

EDIT: All things considered. I know I cannot vote for the NDP and the UCP grows ever more unpalatable for me. Would the Alberta Party be a viable option?

I think the Alberta Party is about as close to centre as you get in Alberta - fiscal responsibility and sound economic policy while also protecting health care and education:

https://www.albertaparty.ca/position_statements

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:30 am

I've decided to vote for the Fasco-Communist Green Conservative Liberal Party of Alberta (FCGCLA)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:56 am

Rachel Notley is going to win, not by a huge margin like she did in 2015 but close enough because Jason Kenney is not the savior of Alberta.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:07 pm

Probably voting for the Dippers. Kenney is just proving himself to be too sleazy and I genuinely dislike how much influence the social conservatives have gained since the PC/WRA merger. I don't doubt that the UCP will win but it won't be good for the province in either the short or long run. All it will mean is that Alberta will have a government well on it's way to being as scandal- and grift-ridden as the Grant Devine government in Saskatchewan was way back when. Trying to set a new record for corruption isn't something to be proud of, unless it's now considered an "accomplishment" in what passes for conservatism these days.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Oh I be voting NDP, not because I like them but because Kenney is sleezy as fuck.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:38 pm

Notley's also a decent person compared to Kenney, and I'm damn sick and tired of being told the "necessity" of voting for a bad person in order to "get things done". :evil:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Probably voting for the Dippers. Kenney is just proving himself to be too sleazy and I genuinely dislike how much influence the social conservatives have gained since the PC/WRA merger. I don't doubt that the UCP will win but it won't be good for the province in either the short or long run. All it will mean is that Alberta will have a government well on it's way to being as scandal- and grift-ridden as the Grant Devine government in Saskatchewan was way back when. Trying to set a new record for corruption isn't something to be proud of, unless it's now considered an "accomplishment" in what passes for conservatism these days.

llama66 llama66:
Oh I be voting NDP, not because I like them but because Kenney is sleezy as fuck.

Thanos Thanos:
Notley's also a decent person compared to Kenney, and I'm damn sick and tired of being told the "necessity" of voting for a bad person in order to "get things done". :evil:

My Conservative Parents are voting for Rachel Notley for these very reasons. It's easier to go with what you know then what you don't know and with the revelations from Derek Filderbrandt how Jason Kenney wanted him to go after Brian Jean speaks volumes of how sleazy he really is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:45 pm

$1:
Don’t talk fatuously of the “bigger picture.” There is no bigger picture than whether you are morally entitled to govern.
- Rex Murphy

If this rigging of the UCP leadership race turns out to be true, and was deliberately done by Kenney's orcs to obliterate Brian Jean, then Jason Kenney has no moral right to govern.