canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:30 am

Title: Justin Trudeau and Sophie Gregoire Trudeau announce separation | CTV News
Category: Political
Posted By: Scape
Date: 2023-08-02 10:28:18
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:30 am

So, she's back on the market! Woohoo!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:42 am

It's rather ironic for anyone to make an announcement like this on social media for all to see then ask for privacy... :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:29 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:20 pm

He should probably resign and focus on his personal life for a while.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:37 pm

Didn't his dad also divorce his mom while in office?

Just saying, history rhyming again. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:40 pm

However his dad was somewhat liked and not an insufferable douchecanoe.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:59 pm

We talking about the same guy? Mr fuddle-duddle? I think time has been VERY kind to him.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:44 pm

llama66 llama66:
However his dad was somewhat liked and not an insufferable douchecanoe.

I beg to differ. He's not so bad comparatively, his dad I 'salute'. :P

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:25 pm

Strutz Strutz:
It's rather ironic for anyone to make an announcement like this on social media for all to see then ask for privacy... :roll:

If Trudeau didn't do it that way, about a million other people would've done it for him. Sadly, he had to get in front of this. And social media is just a commonly accepted form of communication these days.

Otherwise, the first, last and only thing we should be discussing about Trudeau's separation is...

Nothing. At. All.

It's a private matter between the Trudeaus and should be treated as such. Rip on the policies and political decisions of Trudeau or any other politician all you like, but their spouses, kids and family life should be off limits when it comes to political discussions and public commentary.

Opposing politicians, especially, should not comment on this under any circumstances.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:35 pm

The real fight won't begin until Justin and Sophie have to divide up the endless trunks full of ethnic costume, err, travelling clothes. "No, you bitch, the Sumatran ceremonial robes are mine and the Tanzanian dashiki are yours! Hands off or I'll hire Marie Henein and sic her on you!". Ooooh, it's gonna be ug-lay! :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:49 pm

JaredMilne JaredMilne:
Strutz Strutz:

If Trudeau didn't do it that way, about a million other people would've done it for him. Sadly, he had to get in front of this. And social media is just a commonly accepted form of communication these days.

I understand that things have changed but I'm still stuck in old ways when it comes to communication. :oops:

JaredMilne JaredMilne:
Otherwise, the first, last and only thing we should be discussing about Trudeau's separation is...

Nothing. At. All.

It's a private matter between the Trudeaus and should be treated as such. Rip on the policies and political decisions of Trudeau or any other politician all you like, but their spouses, kids and family life should be off limits when it comes to political discussions and public commentary.

Opposing politicians, especially, should not comment on this under any circumstances.

I agree Jared. Countless people have gone through this process, including me and others I've known. The reasons and details are none of anyone's business.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:25 am

[boxing]
JaredMilne JaredMilne:
Strutz Strutz:

Nothing. At. All.

Thank you!