bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:30 pm

Brenda Brenda:
raydan raydan:
What it may do is pound into young drivers the fact that you don't drink and drive. No better time to do this then when they start driving, and some may go as long as 5 years with this restriction.

You never know, the good habit may stick with a few of them... for life.

WE, as parents, should make clear that BEFORE they start driving, they know they cannot drink and drive.
We also should show them how it is done.

Unrelated to DUI but more towards listing to parents:

I think it is this friday that Dateline does a hidden camera segment on kids texting while driving. All the parents apparently say before hand they know their kids know not to do it because they were told over and over about it, yet when the kids get in the car my understanding is some are not to the first stop sign before they start.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:36 pm

And the parents probably told the kids by texting them while the parents were driving.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Benn Benn:
Brenda Brenda:
raydan raydan:
What it may do is pound into young drivers the fact that you don't drink and drive. No better time to do this then when they start driving, and some may go as long as 5 years with this restriction.

You never know, the good habit may stick with a few of them... for life.

WE, as parents, should make clear that BEFORE they start driving, they know they cannot drink and drive.
We also should show them how it is done.

Unrelated to DUI but more towards listing to parents:

I think it is this friday that Dateline does a hidden camera segment on kids texting while driving. All the parents apparently say before hand they know their kids know not to do it because they were told over and over about it, yet when the kids get in the car my understanding is some are not to the first stop sign before they start.

Well, as a parent, you can only do so much. Children (young adults, adults...) are their own people making their own decisions, and you can only hope they got what you were saying, what you tried to teach them.

But again, NOT telling them anything would certainly do no good. Not SHOWING them or showing them differently than you tell them would do more wrong than right.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Benn Benn:
Feel that breeze rush past you? That was the point, don't worry, andy caught it for you.

Using the exceptions to prove the system has no basis at all? A flawed argument considering nothing is perfect, it was a general observation I made after spending months getting hit by rocks. You don't need to give everyone a mandatory survey to figure out that the only people that almost ran you over were late middle aged whites and older. And the ones that started to slow down twice as far as the others were natives.