Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:41 pm

There's no other way this could have gone down. Dalton's fucked it for himself. He's lost the right of his support over e-Health, Ornge and now the powerplants. He's lost the left of his support by fucking the doctors and teachers. Now he's going to buddy up with Hudak and freeze all public sector wages with legislation, as Hudak's been demanding in Parliament all fall. That's what this prorogue is all about: how to write up the surrender to Hudak over public sector wages while saving as much face as possible with the most loyal Liberal hacks.

Oddly enough, if McGuinty does what I predict and expands the teacher-legislation to all public sector employees, it would mean his last act as premier would likely end up being his most popular...well, after his resignation, that is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:41 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
redhatmamma redhatmamma:
And OMG, he prorogued parliament - whoda thunk it.

I know. Just last year this was a crime punishable by death.

Jeez, I was expecting to read pages and pages from the lefties
about how Mcsquinty was an evil bastard for proroguing Parliament.

And yet not a word.....

:lol:

Congrats to EB, his lawn is coming back !

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:37 pm

This is really sad. :D

With McGuinty gone BC now officially has the worst Premier in Canada. 8O

I really wonder if he figures that by pulling a Gordo he can avoid paying the piper for the shitstorm he caused. I guess there must be a consolate position opeining up somewhere, since that seems to be the payoff for premiers who implemented the HST and then had to abandon ship. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:38 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

I really wonder if he figures that by pulling a Gordo he can avoid paying the piper for the shitstorm he caused. I guess there must be a consolate position opeining up somewhere, since that seems to be the payoff for premiers who implemented the HST and then had to abandon ship. [B-o]

We could send him to Benghazi...... 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:16 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
redhatmamma redhatmamma:

If Harper had resigned when he prorogued parliament, I would have been all for it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:30 am

martin14 martin14:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

We could send him to Benghazi...... 8)

Damascus :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 am

$1:
"It has been an incredible honour and privilege to serve Ontarians as their premier,"

It sure hell ain't been either for Ontarians.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:05 am

Was funny to hear people and media alike fawning over this political turd.

It's been made clear. Ontarians and the media don't care if a politician lies and screws up everything he touches...as long as he's a "nice guy" we'll have people tripping over themselves to compliment him.

Dalton seems like a great guy to have as a neighbour and to have a couple beers while shovelling snow....but as a leader of a Province, he was a miserable failure.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:10 am

andyt andyt:
RUEZ RUEZ:
redhatmamma redhatmamma:

If Harper had resigned when he prorogued parliament, I would have been all for it.

It was a lot different with Harper. He did it to avoid having to resign. That may be too much of distinction for those on the rabid right to draw. Reason isn't their strong point.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:53 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Was funny to hear people and media alike fawning over this political turd.

It's been made clear. Ontarians and the media don't care if a politician lies and screws up everything he touches...as long as he's a "nice guy" we'll have people tripping over themselves to compliment him.

Dalton seems like a great guy to have as a neighbour and to have a couple beers while shovelling snow....but as a leader of a Province, he was a miserable failure.

Politicians may be bringing out the accolades as they are required to do. Members of the Liberal party will sing praises in a desperate attempt to save their asses from annihilation. The opposition will be hands off for about 48 hours so they don't look like vultures circling the carcass (after that I anticipate the attacks to truly commence). However I have not heard anyone singing Dalton's praises on the talkshows, either from the hosts or the callers (I don't know if being called a cunning politician is a compliment).

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:12 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
It was a lot different with Harper. He did it to avoid having to resign. That may be too much of distinction for those on the rabid right to draw. Reason isn't their strong point.

It's all about political advantage, no matter who does it.

So McGuinty steps down. Who's the next dumbass in line? :roll:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:16 am

Maybe the Globe's decision to go behind a paywall rates being put in the category of "Who cares?"

In the wake of McGuinty's sleazy end, the Globe's on-line front page has things like:

$1:
OPINION Bruce Anderson: McGuinty would be a powerful force in federal Liberal race
RELATED Ontario NDP, Tories urge McGuinty to recall legislature
OPINION Bob Rae: Dalton McGuinty has much to be proud of as Ontario Premier
POLITICS Never a quitter, ‘Premier Dad’ finally just ran out of time

Are they even on the same planet as the rest of us?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:40 am

Well he may not have any skeletons in his closet................that we know of yet but, according to todays paper he's gonna run for the Federal Liberal Leadership.

So this should be good. The spawn of the person westerners consider the closest thing to Satan since Stalin vs the most reviled man in Ontario.

Maybe the Liberals could run them together as one combined leader and alienate 2/3 of the voting population in one fell swoop. :lol:

Alas it won't happen, much like McGuinty won't win the leadership race against Trudeau so this resignation and claim to the throne is gonna be his political swan song which is good for Ontario and likely Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/s ... areer.html

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Awww look at you, throwing out the first insults of the thread. It's always different when the Liberals do something, it's justified.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:48 am

So you disagree with McGuinty prorouging Parliament so that he can give in to all of the Conservatives' demands vis-a-vis amending the bill before the legislature to Hudak's satisfaction?