Title: Trooper gives Women Cavity Search for Littering
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: BeaverFever
Date: 2012-12-24 10:51:16

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:58 am

$1:
They said David Farrell, a state trooper, had called Helleson to the scene after stopping the women’s vehicle and questioning them about marijuana. Farrell told them he stopped them after seeing them throw cigarette butts out of the window, according to the lawsuit.

He asked for the search because he said the women were “acting weird,” the suit said.

Farrell searched their vehicle for marijuana but didn’t find any, they said. He then tried to “morph this situation into a DWI investigation,” the lawsuit said. Angel Dobbs passed a roadside sobriety test and the women were given warnings for littering, the suit said.

During the search of Angel Dobbs’ anus, Helleson irritated one of the cysts she suffers from, the lawsuit said, causing her “severe and continuing pain and discomfort.”

“Angel Dobbs was overwhelmed with emotion and a feeling of helplessness and reacted stating that Helleson had just violated her in a most horrific manner,” the lawsuit said.

The "littering" was the fact that the trooper observed them tossing cigarette butts out of the vehicle. No contraband was found and no ticket for littering was issued.

Video here:

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Living in the USA means these ladies have just won the lottery.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:42 pm

That cop was a dyke looking to cop a feel.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:51 pm

jj2424 jj2424:

Thank you for the expert opinion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:17 pm

jj2424 jj2424:

Nah, it was a rapist looking for an easy target.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:04 pm

This is just wrong...

$1:
They claim that a female trooper, Kelley Helleson, used her fingers to search their anuses and vaginas — using the same latex glove — while on the side of the road in full view of passing vehicles.

I would have thought that cavity searches would be conducted at a police station only if there was definite reason to believe that the suspect might have drugs hidden on them (or in them).

At the side of the road? Is this typical in Texas?

With the same glove?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:46 am

No, it's not typical, in Texas or anywhere else. First, there was practically no probable cause for that invasive a search. Second, such searches are never conducted road-side and as someone posted - these ladies may have just won a nice lottery when the state winds up paying a settlement.

It is a certainty that these officers will either be fired or severely disciplined. Either way, their careers have hit the wall.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:23 am

The Constitution is just an impediment to people like this trooper.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:37 am

I certainly hope "FORMER"-trooper.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:39 am

I doubt it. A cop who's that brazen about it probably knows she has nothing to worry about. Gotta get tough on those drug mules, you know.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:04 pm

I don't know why everyone is zeroing in on the female trooper and forgetting about the male trooper who ordered it all. :?: To me, he's guiltier than she is.

But to Andy's point, I think in some North American jurisdictions there's a sense among many Law Enforcement personnel that they can act with impunity toward certain members of society (i.e. low-income, etc) and the 'system' will stand behind the cop. Hopefully that won't be the case.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:18 pm

That hasn't been the case for some decades. Although there will always be individuals that will violate standards and civil rights - aggressive internal affairs and judicial oversight has tremendously improved the delivery of law enforcement services in the US.

If you don't think so, you've likely become a victim of over-focused news reports and Hollywood distortions.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Yes, I think that qualifies as sexual assault.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:34 pm

The weirdest thing about this is the casual way it was done out in the open. Makes one think they do it all the time like that and it's no big deal to them. The other more obvious point is the women police officer was more concerned with her health and safety than she was with the ladies being searched. She use a glove to protect herself but the same glove was used for both and was used for the "front" and "back" door.
I think Cletus needs to go back to reading meters or mall security.