CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:55 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:
Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
I'll bet that Brigitte Bardot won't give a hang about something that can kill and eat her.

I honestly figured people would have to start getting severely mauled/killed up here before the government did anything. Saying "sorry" is much easier than taking preemptive action.

I did find this newsbit. Guess what side of the fence they're on.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1584888

$1:
Half of respondents or 50% oppose the reinstatement of the spring bear hunt compared to only 26% that support it, while 24% are undecided. Support for the reinstatement was highest in the north (67%) and lowest in Toronto/metro (16%), eastern Ontario (12%) and the GTA (18%). Province-wide, more PC voters support the reinstatement (37%) in relation to Liberal (22%) and NDP (18%) voters. There is also a gender split with more males (37%) being in support compared to females (18%).

Figures. Of course the bleeding hearts in Toronto are against the hunt, they don't have to deal with the consequences, at least not until problem bears start appearing regularly in Metro Toronto. Then they'll give a shit. :roll:

Often people have an opinion on something that doesn't directly affect them. You don't though, right?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
saturn_656 saturn_656:
I'll bet that Brigitte Bardot won't give a hang about something that can kill and eat her.

I honestly figured people would have to start getting severely mauled/killed up here before the government did anything. Saying "sorry" is much easier than taking preemptive action.

I did find this newsbit. Guess what side of the fence they're on.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1584888

$1:
Half of respondents or 50% oppose the reinstatement of the spring bear hunt compared to only 26% that support it, while 24% are undecided. Support for the reinstatement was highest in the north (67%) and lowest in Toronto/metro (16%), eastern Ontario (12%) and the GTA (18%). Province-wide, more PC voters support the reinstatement (37%) in relation to Liberal (22%) and NDP (18%) voters. There is also a gender split with more males (37%) being in support compared to females (18%).

Figures. Of course the bleeding hearts in Toronto are against the hunt, they don't have to deal with the consequences, at least not until problem bears start appearing regularly in Metro Toronto. Then they'll give a shit. :roll:

Often people have an opinion on something that doesn't directly affect them. You don't though, right?

Whether or not it directly affects them isn't the point. The "opinion" of know nothings down south (and know nothings in Queens Park) is what ended the spring hunt in the first place, with ever growing negative consequences for me and mine. Negative consequences those who made the call do not have to deal with. I'm pissed because Toronto, again, pissed on our rug. Being in BC you may not understand this, but Northern Ontario is best neglected by Toronto, because when they pay attention to us, usually nothing good comes from it.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:15 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:

Whether or not it directly affects them isn't the point. The "opinion" of know nothings down south (and know nothings in Queens Park) is what ended the spring hunt in the first place, with ever growing negative consequences for me and mine. Negative consequences those who made the call do not have to deal with. I'm pissed because Toronto, again, pissed on our rug. Being in BC you may not understand this, but Northern Ontario is best neglected by Toronto, because when they pay attention to us, usually nothing good comes from it.

It's always been that way. I mentioned to someone down here that when I was a kid and living up north there was a group that wanted to seperate Northern from Southern Ont. They couldn't believe... You should have seen their face when I told them that I lived in a town that was 4 hours from a mall in any direction.

Toronto and Queens Park in general has never cared about anything but themselves. In 99 when we moved down here Renfrew board was still using 2 room school houses. Toronto board was having a cow cause the world wasn't fair and they had to close a school pool!!!! It was a real cluture shock. Heck the school I put the kids in here spent $5000 on a rock... In Petawawa we were raising funds for paper!!

I'm pissed that where my daughter lives isn't in the hunt area. She is always so excited when she gets to go in for the melt shift. She loves watching the pour and running tests but I worry about her getting home. She thought it was so weird when she first got up there. Down here you go out at night you see cats, raccoons, skunks and even oposimums(sp) up there not so much. They have bears and other animals that keep the small animal pop down.

I do have to admit to thinking it wouldn't happen till someone from Toronto went up north and got eatten by a bear. They are very cute you know... :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:18 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:
Gunnair Gunnair:
saturn_656 saturn_656:

Point....missed.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:14 pm

$1:
Figures. Of course the bleeding hearts in Toronto are against the hunt, they don't have to deal with the consequences, at least not until problem bears start appearing regularly in Metro Toronto. Then they'll give a shit.

We seriously need deer culls around here, as well ... either that or introduce packs of wolves, again. It's the deer that ultimately suffer starvation, etc. without predation. It is a part of their existence to be prey.
Actually, I hear wolves will take bears, drag them out of their winter hidie-holes. However, a good hunting programme is a good idea. I find bears in Northern Saskatchewan to be quite well behaved, except around the local dump. I have always felt that hunting pressure not only keeps bear numbers down it also instills a good deal of fear in the bears. Nothing works better than bears seeing a human and saying to themselves, "Oh look, a person, Bang, I'm gonna be a rug!"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:32 pm

$1:
Mountain lions in Chicago neighbourhoods?
Bears roaming around LA?
Yikes!

At least Americans can carry guns.

... ahh, but those weany, little Beretta's, etc. would just piss a bear off.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:50 pm

$1:
Figures. Of course the bleeding hearts in Toronto are against the hunt, they don't have to deal with the consequences, at least not until problem bears start appearing regularly in Metro Toronto. Then they'll give a shit.

We seriously need deer culls around here, as well ... either that or introduce packs of wolves, again. It's the deer that ultimately suffer starvation, etc. without predation. It is a part of their existence to be prey.

We hear similar things here, and yet, every deer I've seen looks pretty darn healthy and we have a lot of them. Seen a couple winged by cars that didn't look so healthy, but following that argument, I guess we need a cat/dog/cyclist/pedestrian/driver cull as well.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:09 pm

The cull of February 13, 1692.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:07 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

Are you a Campbell or are you Scottish?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:16 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

Are you a Campbell or are you Scottish?

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:10 am

Campbells = the original Freys. :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Thanos Thanos:

More like today's opportunistic Kardashians that whore themselves out for small profits, sugar daddies and cult followings from the Deep South, though with predilections towards sheep vice tv weddings.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Thanos Thanos:

More like today's opportunistic Kardashians that whore themselves out for small profits, sugar daddies and cult followings from the Deep South, though with predilections towards sheep vice tv weddings.

You forgot "Quisling" ...

Note the disposition of the Argyll Campbells on the Colloden battlefield. The Scots are ones in blue on the left side.

Attachments:
culloden-560.jpg
culloden-560.jpg [ 52.64 KiB | Viewed 344 times ]