Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:01 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
$1:
DrRosen wrote:

If all the sane people just group-decided to put all the borderline personalities and nut-cases on ignore, they'd soon get the message and find other haunts for their negativity.

You talked me into it. You are now officially on ignore.

However, if you should ever be silly enough to think you'd last more than a page or two in a reasoned debate without cementing your rapidly developing rep as the bumbling, bullshit artist, hysterical lefty, "Florida Man" (Google it for a few yuks), who thinks he can bluff his way out of one BS story with another, well then, as I invited you before, fill your boots. Post the thread we discussed in the debate section where there are rules. I'll see it, lift the ignore, and drop by to give you an opportunity to prove you actually know something about the subject you claim to be an expert in. Cause right now I don't get the impression you have a lot believers.

R=UP

Even though we disagree on some things, I have a lot more respect for you than I do that other guy.

I think we all know Bart well enough that he has no need to send threatening PMs. He's quite capable of getting his point across in regular discussions without needing to be coy about his intentions behind the scenes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:06 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
$1:
DrRosen wrote:

If all the sane people just group-decided to put all the borderline personalities and nut-cases on ignore, they'd soon get the message and find other haunts for their negativity.

You talked me into it. You are now officially on ignore.

However, if you should ever be silly enough to think you'd last more than a page or two in a reasoned debate without cementing your rapidly developing rep as the bumbling, bullshit artist, hysterical lefty, "Florida Man" (Google it for a few yuks), who thinks he can bluff his way out of one BS story with another, well then, as I invited you before, fill your boots. Post the thread we discussed in the debate section where there are rules. I'll see it, lift the ignore, and drop by to give you an opportunity to prove you actually know something about the subject you claim to be an expert in. Cause right now I don't get the impression you have a lot believers.

R=UP

Even though we disagree on some things, I have a lot more respect for you than I do that other guy.

I think we all know Bart well enough that he has no need to send threatening PMs. He's quite capable of getting his point across in regular discussions without needing to be coy about his intentions behind the scenes.

You may want to speak only for yourself, Doc, and not the group. I doubt everyone agrees with your assessment.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:18 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
You may want to speak only for yourself, Doc, and not the group. I doubt everyone agrees with your assessment.

True enough. Because of his past actions, *I* don't believe Bart would send threatening PMs, because he has been quite willing to publish his intentions openly for all to see previously.

I might be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:20 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Gunnair Gunnair:

True enough. Because of his past actions, *I* don't believe Bart would send threatening PMs, because he has been quite willing to publish his intentions openly for all to see previously.

Whether you're right or wrong is subjective and is based upon your perspective.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:21 am

Oh I wish had a nickel for every time I was threatened! :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

DrRosen DrRosen:
Lefty? Where'd you get that notion? (See that little blue "C" beside Clint's pic; two prettyngood indicators of my political bent). But I'm pleased to be ignored by lunatics. You might as well since you're already ignoring reasoned and researched thought on the topics of Islam, history, climate change and who knows what else.

Just can't stop insulting other people. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

DonnaWho DonnaWho:

Oh, you would be so poor.

Now gimme a nickel ! :twisted:

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:24 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Gunnair Gunnair:

You're not wrong. I've asked, but as of yet I haven't seen a copy of the threatening PM.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:26 am

martin14 martin14:
DonnaWho DonnaWho:

Oh, you would be so poor.

Now gimme a nickel ! :twisted:

I'm so threatening I am going to give you a dime! :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:28 am

Regina Regina:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Gunnair Gunnair:

You're not wrong. I've asked, but as of yet I haven't seen a copy of the threatening PM.

I'm willing to bet that if it exists, it's couched in vague enough terms that it 'could' be perceived as threatening depending on who read it.

Or not, again depending upon who read it.

I've heard that accusation before here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

DonnaWho DonnaWho:
I'm so threatening I am going to give you a dime! :twisted:

:lol: :lol:

Last edited by martin14 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR

martin14 martin14:
DrRosen DrRosen:
Lefty? Where'd you get that notion? (See that little blue "C" beside Clint's pic; two prettyngood indicators of my political bent). But I'm pleased to be ignored by lunatics. You might as well since you're already ignoring reasoned and researched thought on the topics of Islam, history, climate change and who knows what else.

Just can't stop insulting other people. :roll:

Irony in the ironic thread.

Yay! [B-o]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:36 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Gunnair Gunnair:

Whether you're right or wrong is subjective and is based upon your perspective.

Everything to me is highly subjective, and not based on the little black pixels on my monitor that claim to be 'people'. ;) And whether I'm right or wrong has about as much import in the grand scheme of things as 'Duck Dynasty' does for modern literature.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:55 am

$1:
"Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues," GQ quoted Robertson as saying.

Indeed they were singing the blues. That's exactly where the blues came from. That's a rather dumb statement. His general observations are those of a lot of people, particularly southerners, around the time of the civil rights movement. The claim that "our negroes are happy" was very common. The view of slavery was that blacks weren't one of God's more refined creations and that white people were doing them a favour civilizing them and saving their souls ("they were godly"). You have to remember that the Bible has no problem with slavery.

My own view is that it's not really my business what consenting adults get up to in their bedrooms. And that everyone should have equal opportunity, which means slavery is out.

Guy's entitled to his opinions. A&E is entitled to do as they please with respect to their business relationship with him.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:56 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Gunnair Gunnair:

Yeah! I wouldn't threaten someone in private messaging, I'd do it in public!

Thanks for covering my six, Doc! You're the best! :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 498 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 19  20  21  22  23  24  25 ... 34  Next