canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Ok, I'm not nitpicking here but just for definitions sake and so we're on the same page, a "ping" is a handshake or a signal that was sent and returned. In this case what is being described is a pulse signal (you could call it a half ping), which of course is not returned. I am only stating this because a ping guarantees a recipient whereas you can send pulse signals into open space for all of eternity.

I do find your post highly speculative, it was stated in the article that Xinhua also said a Chinese search plane spotted numerous white floating objects about 90 kilometers away Isn't this why they have been searching all along ?

There is no indication if they spotted the debris or heard the signal first so I am willing to wait for further evidence before jumping to the old, they must have been involved stance.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:36 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
BRAH BRAH:
They picked up a lonely little "ping" and if it comes from that aircraft, with that 19 mile audible radius, the Chinese MUST have known where to look (possibly implicating them) OR an astronomically improbable thing has just happened.

Thinking the Chinese had something to do with the plane going down?

... only now that they have magically come up with a "PING" that is audible for only 19 miles while patrolling an area the size of China at ten or fifteen knots. Does that smell right to you?

Maybe the Chinese Military un-intenially shot down Flight370 possibly the same scenario what caused TWA Flight 800 to crash.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:38 pm

There was a type of Ping hand shaking when it came to engine data recorded by the satalite. Which means there was an acknowledgement of each other but no data transfer because the airline didn't subscribe to Rolls Royce's data collection system. In this case it is a single ping at a certain frequency that can only be heard and no trasfer of information.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:43 pm

As of right now, morning is just starting so we may find out more in the next 16 or so hours.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:51 pm

They picked up a lonely little "ping" and if it comes from that aircraft, with that 19 mile audible radius, the Chinese MUST have known where to look (possibly implicating them) OR an astronomically improbable thing has just happened.

"I have been advised that a series of sounds have been detected by a Chinese ship in the search area. The characteristics reported are consistent with the aircraft black box," Houston said

Wasn't a single ping.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Regina Regina:

"I have been advised that a series of sounds have been detected by a Chinese ship in the search area. The characteristics reported are consistent with the aircraft black box," Houston said

Wasn't a single ping.

Hope it's found.

Doesn't Chinese detection equipment look for 'ping pong'. :D

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:48 pm

XD XD XD XD

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:35 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Regina Regina:

Wasn't a single ping.

Hope it's found.

Doesn't Chinese detection equipment look for 'ping pong'. :D

8O

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:23 pm

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: 'acoustic event' detected by Australian ship

Chinese vessel says 90 seconds of electronic pulses picked up 2 km from previous signal

8O 8O 8O

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:17 am

andyt andyt:
I'm talking about the signal they picked up - if that does turn out to be the plane, it would reduce the search area to a very small one indeed.
Once a confirmed point of interest is found, whether it be debris or a signal, it also changes the most efficient search method from a mowing type pattern where you are spacing your sensors by the distance of 2 times their maximum range and traveling up and down to a Archimedian spiral, whereby you spiral out from the point of interest, increasing the distance from the centre by 2 times your sensor range with every revolution. This is taking for granted that you have no idea which direction the signal is coming from. It becomes somewhat more tricky with a coordinated effort because instead of a grid area each ship involved is given a piece of the spiral.

Attachments:
650px-Archimedean_spiral.svg.png
650px-Archimedean_spiral.svg.png [ 25.93 KiB | Viewed 340 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:40 am

Wow. They magically hit that huge target dead on in the last few hours that the flight recorders are emitting pings. How lucky is THAT, eh?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:28 am

Ok, the search is a coordinated search effort and different groups are assigned different areas. The Aussies are also investigating a possible signal in a completely different area, although Houston is saying that the Chinese one is the best lead. Are you suggesting some kind of coordinated global conspiracy. Like a NWO type of scenario?

Because if you are, I'm going with Tupac and Elvis. I mean after crash landing in Roswell, they haven't really been that active except for heading the Philadelphia experiment and killing John Lennon. Unless, of course you count 9/11 which was really more of Biggie smalls idea.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:41 am

Delwin Delwin:
Ok, the search is a coordinated search effort and different groups are assigned different areas. The Aussies are also investigating a possible signal in a completely different area, although Houston is saying that the Chinese one is the best lead. Are you suggesting some kind of coordinated global conspiracy. Like a NWO type of scenario?

Because if you are, I'm going with Tupac and Elvis. I mean after crash landing in Roswell, they haven't really been that active except for heading the Philadelphia experiment and killing John Lennon. Unless, of course you count 9/11 which was really more of Biggie smalls idea.

This is a fecking gigantic, unprecedented search area the size of a continent being searched VERY SLOWLY in little bits from ships and planes in horrible conditions and they hit it spot-on with just hours to spare. I don't buy a bit of it. The Chinese knew where the aircraft went down. Why is that idea so "out there" when more than half of the people on board are Chinese and the whole thing has, as yet, no rational explanation. No, this isn't Elvis on Mars. Finding it as a random event would be Elvis on Mars.

Last edited by Jabberwalker on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:32 am

Ok well lets look closer at it. The first pic shows how much can be covered in a day. The second shows where the signal was found. The grey areas in the second pic shows what has already been searched

Attachments:
File comment: Map representing area able to be coverered in one day.
australia-flight370-search-map.jpg
australia-flight370-search-map.jpg [ 38.49 KiB | Viewed 277 times ]
File comment: Current map
missing-plane.jpg
missing-plane.jpg [ 47.98 KiB | Viewed 286 times ]

Last edited by Delwin on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:36 am

Nothing seems out of the ordinary to me, the signal was in the designated search zone which was in line with one of the possible flight paths given the length of time the plane was presumed to be in flight.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 12  13  14  15  16  17  18 ... 23  Next