Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:46 am

Yeah, but that's no fun. Much more interesting if the Chinese had agents on board that took over the plane, shut off communication, reversed course then veered south to fly to the middle of the ocean to be shot down. Now that's some story. Didn't know the Chinese were big on suicide missions tho, and don't understand the point of it all. At least Bart's original tin foil idea made some sense, that the jet was shot down over disputed territory.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:16 pm

Delwin Delwin:
Ok, the search is a coordinated search effort and different groups are assigned different areas. The Aussies are also investigating a possible signal in a completely different area, although Houston is saying that the Chinese one is the best lead. Are you suggesting some kind of coordinated global conspiracy. Like a NWO type of scenario?

Because if you are, I'm going with Tupac and Elvis. I mean after crash landing in Roswell, they haven't really been that active except for heading the Philadelphia experiment and killing John Lennon. Unless, of course you count 9/11 which was really more of Biggie smalls idea.

I'm more partial to what CNN was pushing, with it either being a random appearance of a black hole or, like the guys down at the Creationist Museum were saying, Angry Jesus showed up with his sword, AR-15, and riding a flying velociraptor.

But of course, we all know what the real truth is. Image

8O :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:24 pm

It`s parked on the tarmac of Sarnath Interdimesional Starport

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:29 pm

C'thun ripped the tail section off and used the yummy contents in the fuselage as a pepper shaker.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:35 pm

Reminds me of my favorite far side

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Delwin Delwin:
Ok well lets look closer at it. The first pic shows how much can be covered in a day. The second shows where the signal was found. The grey areas in the second pic shows what has already been searched

They are so vague on the details that it is a massive long shot that they are searching where they need to.
You make it sound as if there is some sort of hard science behind the "projected flight path", which is so dramatically off what it is supposed to be with no clue as to why, that it is conjecture ... a best guess at best.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:49 pm

Because if you are, I'm going with Tupac and Elvis. I mean after crash landing in Roswell, they haven't really been that active except for heading the Philadelphia experiment and killing John Lennon. Unless, of course you count 9/11 which was really more of Biggie smalls idea.

p.s. 5 + 5 does NOT equal 23,869.562. You've gone straight from the core blimey to the ridiculous.

Why couldn't the Chinese be involved? Someone is very likely involved and it isn't Transport Canada.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:55 pm

I don't think its as much about luck as it is about the militaries working on this got shit we aint heard of.
My personal opinion is that it after it turned south it was on a direct southerly heading and on autopilot right till it glided and crashed into the ocean. Everyone long dead by the time it hit the water too. If it did somewhat glide into the ocean, it maybe why there hasn't been any debris found. It was would certainly rip off the engines but it could have just sunk and flown right to the bottom.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:00 pm

Regina Regina:
I don't think its as much about luck as it is about the militaries working on this got shit we aint heard of.
My personal opinion is that it after it turned south it was on a direct southerly heading and on autopilot right till it glided and crashed into the ocean. Everyone long dead by the time it hit the water too. If it did somewhat glide into the ocean, it maybe why there hasn't been any debris found. It was would certainly rip off the engines but it could have just sunk and flown right to the bottom.

If the Chinese can find a weak signal in the middle of the "roaring forties" portion of the Indian Ocean during winter storms, they got shit that we had better know about ... certainly shit that our close Aussie allies seem to lack.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:07 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
Regina Regina:

If the Chinese can find a weak signal in the middle of the "roaring forties" portion of the Indian Ocean during winter storms, they got shit that we had better know about ... certainly shit that our close Aussie allies seem to lack.

Australia is coordinating the search, so this ship which they don't have many of was ordered there by them. The Chinese aren't just driving around the ocean by themselves. In fact one of their search aircraft landed at the wrong airport in Australia on the first day......so that probably a good thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:11 pm

The head of the multinational search for the missing Malaysian jetliner says that an Australian ship detected an 'acoustic event' early Sunday morning and that a Chinese ship has reported a second pulse consistent with an aircraft black box in a different location, though the Chinese reports could not be verified.

Australian Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston said that Ocean Shield, an Australian vessel, is closely investigating a stretch of the southern Indian Ocean after picking up an acoustic occurrence. Houston called it an encouraging development but cautioned that very little is currently known about the nature of the transmission.
The Ocean Shield is carrying sophisticated U.S. Navy equipment designed to pick up signals sent from the black boxes, which may hold the key to why the aircraft ended up thousands of kilometres off course.
Houston also said that Chinese authorities have told Australian officials that Haixun 01, the ship that on Friday reportedly picked up an electronic pulse at 37.5 kilohertz (thousands of cycles per second) — the same frequency emitted by flight data recorders — detected a series of pulses that lasted approximately 90 seconds on Saturday afternoon.
The pulses were heard about 2 kilometres from the previous signal that Haixun 01 reported. Australian ship Echo and multiple airplanes are on their way to assist Haixun 01 search that area, while Ocean Shield will move to the location of those reported pulses if nothing comes of the 'acoustic event' it picked up Sunday morning.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:16 pm

It will be fascinating to see what has gone wrong with this aircraft.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:18 pm

Way to keep up with the thread andy. That was posted last night.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:19 pm

p.s. I just spent the night sleeping under the wing of a B-25 with a pack of Wolf Cubs. I had aviation dreams that all involved a kidney stone.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:36 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
Delwin Delwin:
Ok well lets look closer at it. The first pic shows how much can be covered in a day. The second shows where the signal was found. The grey areas in the second pic shows what has already been searched

They are so vague on the details that it is a massive long shot that they are searching where they need to.
You make it sound as if there is some sort of hard science behind the "projected flight path", which is so dramatically off what it is supposed to be with no clue as to why, that it is conjecture ... a best guess at best.
I still just don't see where you are coming up with the China must be involved theory. The current search area is based on the information that was obtained by the Thailand military indicating that there was an unknown plane spotted 6 minutes after 370's last radar contact which was travelling in the opposite direction of the original flight path. No government has come forward to indicate that that unknown plane was theirs so they are assuming that this was in fact flight 370. What you will notice about the search area is that it also falls on the very edge of the max distance the plane could have traveled given the amount of fuel. So I would assume that they also believe that it made more sense to search with the presumption that whomever was piloting the plane took it as far as possible before it went down.

Now given that there are 3 separate signals, one of which is far from the other 2, I am still not convinced that they have found anything at all, but to suggest that because it was China who detected the first signal somehow implicates them if this turns out to be legitimate, is a huge stretch IMO.

I don't disagree that their is probably information that is not available to the public since radar technology is not something that most military are very forth coming with, but there is a huge disconnect between them detecting a signal and being responsible for the disappearance itself.

Sometimes who smelt it never dealt it. Especially in this case because if you were in fact involved, I think that last thing you would want is for the plane to be found.

Attachments:
File comment: Change of course based on Thailand's radar
Change of course.jpg
Change of course.jpg [ 75.3 KiB | Viewed 411 times ]
File comment: Maximum range
Max range.jpg
Max range.jpg [ 67.54 KiB | Viewed 408 times ]
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 13  14  15  16  17  18  19 ... 23  Next