canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:53 pm

Also, the last satellite information and the last known location would have given a range of projected flight paths

Attachments:
possiblelocation811.jpg
possiblelocation811.jpg [ 67.86 KiB | Viewed 191 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Zoomed right in on it, I see. The other side of the globe is much smaller and everything is closer together than on this side.

I'm afraid that you've lost the story.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Ok, well the Australians Ocean shield also detected a signal in a different area, are they involved ? Or does it have to be the Chinese?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missin ... jet-n72911

I'm with you that the Chinese angle is way more exciting.

Last edited by Delwin on Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:16 pm

Delwin Delwin:
Ok, well the Australians Ocean shield also detected a signal in a different area, are they involved ? Or does it have to be the Chinese?

yes, yes ... its a whole cabal of Chinese, Australians and Elvises. Why don't you read some of the other posts?

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:07 am

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04/07 ... is-fading/
Angus Houston, head of the joint agency coordinating the search:
“We've got a visual indication on a screen and we've also got an audible signal — and the audible signal sounds to me just like an emergency locator beacon.”

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:15 am

On day 30. The day 'the batteries run out'. How convenient!

*takes off tinfoil hat and ends conspiracy theory*

;-)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:16 am

Brenda Brenda:
On day 30. The day 'the batteries run out'. How convenient!

*takes off tinfoil hat and ends conspiracy theory*

;-)

Take the hat off. The batteries are designed to last a *minimum* of 30 days. If the unit was recently serviced, they'll last longer.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:26 am

But, according to 'them', they have been on a shelf for a while, which may make them last even less long.

(Yeah. I have heard them all ;-) )

You do realize I was simply being sarcastic, right?

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:29 am

After the 30+ days of battery life it will keep sending but it's range will be dramatically reduced till dead.

Doesn't look like they trust the Chinese hits but are sending a ship to investigate.

Meanwhile, the British ship HMS Echo, which is fitted with sophisticated sound-locating equipment, was trying to determine whether two separate sounds heard by a Chinese ship about 555 kilometers (345 miles) away from the Ocean Shield were related to the plane. The patrol vessel Haixun 01 detected a brief “pulse signal” on Friday and a second signal on Saturday.
The crew of the Chinese ship reportedly picked up the signals using a sonar device called a hydrophone dangled over the side of a small boat — something experts said was technically possible but extremely unlikely. The equipment aboard the British and Australian ships is dragged slowly behind each vessel over long distances and is considered far more sophisticated.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:34 am

Brenda Brenda:
You do realize I was simply being sarcastic, right?

You?!? Never!

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:40 am

This is odd. Go to Google map and click on satellite view. In the general area they are searching, now has patches of surface pictures of the ocean. That was not there until recently. In fact I don't think that was there a couple days ago. 8O 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:47 am

Regina Regina:
This is odd. Go to Google map and click on satellite view. In the general area they are searching, now has patches of surface pictures of the ocean. That was not there until recently. In fact I don't think that was there a couple days ago. 8O 8O

Probably wasn't. Google has their own satellite to take those pictures on Google Maps and Google Earth, so they can do updates at will.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:51 am

That's what I thought. Was wondering if it was part of some crowd or public data mining? I think that's what they call it? In relation to the search for debris.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:55 am

You have to admit that the timing is suspect considering the immensity of the problem. I hope that they find the recorders although I never thought that they would.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:58 am

Regina Regina:
Was wondering if it was part of some crowd or public data mining? I think that's what they call it?

"Crowd Sourcing." I wouldn't doubt it. They did something similar when Steve Fosset crashed in California. Took 1m resolution photos and published them for everyone to try to find his crash site.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 14  15  16  17  18  19  20 ... 23  Next