canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:00 am

BRAH BRAH:
CNN and the rest of the media needs to tell the truth instead of giving families false hope, this isn't about finding potential survivors it's about making sure the plane hasn't fallen into Terrorists hands.

If terrorists had it don't you think they would have used it by now? Or the night the plane disappeared for that matter? The Petronas towers in Kuala Lampur would make a nice juicy target.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:12 am

What's the point of ultra-secret terrorism? You don't generate any terror unless you tell the World of your nasty deed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:18 am

It's the sons of the guy who built the doomsday machine and didn't tell anybody.

And, quite frankly, done on a larger scale it would be very successful. Disappear a few planes and watch as air travel declines precipitously, belief in aliens rise. Ah, the nefarious schemes I think of.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:34 am

Title: Malaysia flight's co-pilot tried to make cellphone call-report
Category: World
Posted By: wildrosegirl
Date: 2014-04-12 07:55:09

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:34 am

Linky no work

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:41 am

Yogi Yogi:
Linky no work

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/malaysia-flig ... ector.html

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:27 am

xerxes xerxes:
BRAH BRAH:
CNN and the rest of the media needs to tell the truth instead of giving families false hope, this isn't about finding potential survivors it's about making sure the plane hasn't fallen into Terrorists hands.

If terrorists had it don't you think they would have used it by now? Or the night the plane disappeared for that matter? The Petronas towers in Kuala Lampur would make a nice juicy target.

It this was a Terrorist hijacking something obviously went wrong and maybe The Petronas Towers was the intended target which was confirmed on the pilots flight simulator and why other Governments have to be sure it did crash.

Last edited by BRAH on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:37 am

That is a plausible theory. Perhaps, the terrorists were successfully overrun by passengers as they were on that Pennsylvania flight during 9/11. Maybe there was a scuffle in the cockpit, the auto pilot was engaged somehow to a random bearing, the cockpit door locked automatically (as it should) and the plane flew it's bizarre course until the fuel ran out. Let's call this one Theory #23. One of them has to be right.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:37 am

I hope the black boxes are recovered. Maybe there was an attempted hijacking and the pilots, or the passengers, did a Flight 93 to save who knows how many people. Maybe it was a suicide mission by the pilot (although I sincerely hope not, that'd be far more disturbing, in my opinion), I just hope they're recovered to give some...knowledge, about what happened.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:39 am

More likely, the co-pilot made the desperate call the moment he realized he was locked out of the cockpit and the pilot was in the middle of a mental breakdown. If this was a terrorist plot, it is unlikely that the terrorists would have allowed the pilot or co-pilot the opportunity to use their phones, and the passengers would have also been made aware of the plot to take control of the plane.

So it wouldn't have been one desperate attempt, it would have been several. The co-pilot would have been more immediately inclined to not cause a panic and try to talk the pilot down.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:10 pm

All good theories, with no solid data behind them. What is solid is there is something awful fishy that the co-pilot's cellphone making contact and we only find out about this now. This would make me think they know more about this than they're letting on.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:16 pm

The cell phone is just a rumour and very unlikely as the government investigation had not heard of it. Cell phones don't work on planes when at altitude, I've tried. Even if you're flying at as low as 20,000'. Media outlets toss accusations out there to stir things up and make the officials give out more information.

$1:
Government officials could not immediately be reached for comment on the report. The New Straits Times quoted acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein as saying that the report needed to be verified.

But he appeared to cast doubt on the report by saying: "If this did happen, we would have known about it earlier."

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:33 pm

I don't know, it seems like a pretty specific detail for a media outlet like reuters to just make up. At this point, I am not very inclined to believe anything the Malaysian government has to say, given their potential liability in all of this and their lack of transparency thus far. Also it was stated earlier in the investigation that the plane had dropped substantially in altitude which some believed was to avoid radar:

According to the report, the plane was flying low enough - under 7,000 feet - for the signal to be picked up by a civilian telecommunications tower on the ground.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 56304.html

Of course this is something that can be confirmed by hard evidence so it will come out eventually but as of right now, I feel like the Malaysian authorities have zero credibility.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:40 pm

I don't think Reuters made it up at all. But there has been so much bullshit coming from everywhere, that in this case it could mean there never was a call at all, all the way to there was a call, the co-pilot provided specific information on what was going on, and the reason they found those pings is because he knew more or less where the plane was heading. Just no solid ground at all in this case.

There was a scifi book (maybe movie too) where people from the future would abduct passengers from planes that were just about to crash anyhow, replacing the live passengers with dead simulations. They needed breeding stock or something. Something went wrong and the future people left evidence on board, then had to go back to the NTSB investigation to try to retrieve it. Bet that's what happened.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:49 pm

andyt andyt:
There was a scifi book (maybe movie too) where people from the future would abduct passengers from planes that were just about to crash anyhow, replacing the live passengers with dead simulations. They needed breeding stock or something. Something went wrong and the future people left evidence on board, then had to go back to the NTSB investigation to try to retrieve it. Bet that's what happened.

Yeah it was called Millennium, interesting concept although the movie wasn't that good. I never read the book.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 19  20  21  22  23  Next