Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:50 pm

Good book = bad movie. Bad book = good movie. Seems to mostly hold true.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:32 pm

Delwin Delwin:
I don't know, it seems like a pretty specific detail for a media outlet like reuters to just make up. At this point, I am not very inclined to believe anything the Malaysian government has to say, given their potential liability in all of this and their lack of transparency thus far. Also it was stated earlier in the investigation that the plane had dropped substantially in altitude which some believed was to avoid radar:

According to the report, the plane was flying low enough - under 7,000 feet - for the signal to be picked up by a civilian telecommunications tower on the ground.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 56304.html

Of course this is something that can be confirmed by hard evidence so it will come out eventually but as of right now, I feel like the Malaysian authorities have zero credibility.

I've tried at 4,000' and 5,000' and it wouldn't work most of the time, and that was in a bubble canopy with the phone in direct line to the ground and in a highly populated city in the US. Not impossible but I have my doubts about being able to connect in the middle of nowhere or the ocean from that cockpit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Unless it was a satellite phone. Which I doubt it was.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:34 pm

The ping is done.

Malaysia Airlines MH370: 1st sub to be deployed
Search using sub will be 'a slow and painstaking process'
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-a ... -1.2609055

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:42 am

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: seabed search set to widen

The underwater hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet will be expanded to include a massive swath of ocean floor that may take up to eight months to thoroughly search, Australia's prime minister said Monday.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-a ... -1.2623916

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:14 am

The Aussies will end up spending billions on this. How are they going to get reimbursed for the thousands of hours of Orion flights and months of sea time?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:56 am

I'm still not 100% convinced the plane crashed in the IO. It still concerns me that somebody, somewhere, might have an airliner that they can possibly use to carry God-knows-what to God-knows-where. :idea:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:03 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
The Aussies will end up spending billions on this. How are they going to get reimbursed for the thousands of hours of Orion flights and months of sea time?

At some point Military assets will have to be drawn back leaving a skeleton crew to continue looking as that's the reality of the situation which also means CNN needs to stop placing blame on everyone and everything for ratings.

Site Admin
Site Admin

When it's all dried off maybe someone can try that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

That's a long shot, Bart but until real proof emerges as to its fate, that is as good a theory as any, I guess.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:05 am

BRAH BRAH:
Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:

At some point Military assets will have to be drawn back leaving a skeleton crew to continue looking as that's the reality of the situation which also means CNN needs to stop placing blame on everyone and everything for ratings.

I saw a shot of the Aussies dropping sonobuoys from an Orion, on the morning news today. Presumably, they stopped doing that a while ago ... but maybe not.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:41 am

Malaysia Airlines MH370: Searchers rule out area where 'pings' heard
Unmanned U.S. submersible scoured 850 square kilometers.
The U.S. Navy's Bluefin 21 finished its final underwater mission in the southern Indian Ocean on Wednesday after scouring 850 square kilometres, the Joint Agency Coordination Centre said.

"The area can now be discounted as the final resting place" of the missing plane, the Australia-based centre said in a statement.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-a ... -1.2657833

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:37 am

Regina Regina:
Malaysia Airlines MH370: Searchers rule out area where 'pings' heard
Unmanned U.S. submersible scoured 850 square kilometers.
The U.S. Navy's Bluefin 21 finished its final underwater mission in the southern Indian Ocean on Wednesday after scouring 850 square kilometres, the Joint Agency Coordination Centre said.

"The area can now be discounted as the final resting place" of the missing plane, the Australia-based centre said in a statement.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-a ... -1.2657833

That brings me back to what I said before:

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I'm still not 100% convinced the plane crashed in the IO. It still concerns me that somebody, somewhere, might have an airliner that they can possibly use to carry God-knows-what to God-knows-where. :idea:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 19  20  21  22  23