Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Regina
Date: 2015-02-26 11:49:46
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:12 pm

and why would it go anywhere? This is Canada and under our current system the Queen is the head of the commonwealth. Now, if we as Canadians want to become more of a republic in our government we can have that discussion. Until then, don't like it..feel free to leave.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:18 pm

and as a footnote: sorry ladies you won't be taking part in any of those types of discussions since, your not Canadian citizens, and according to the article you won't take the oath.

Maybe you should just leave, after all you have been baskin in the warm of Canada for decades yet on this point, you decide to make your stand.

Maybe back in Ireland or Jamaica you can take some time to re-think your position.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:11 pm

Exactly.

Thousands of others have had no problem with the process of becoming a Canadian citizen. Why challenge it and have the nerve to even think that the rules would get bent for you?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:06 pm

Glad I was born here, because FUCK THE OATH!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:13 pm

uwish uwish:
and as a footnote: sorry ladies you won't be taking part in any of those types of discussions since, your not Canadian citizens, and according to the article you won't take the oath.

Maybe you should just leave, after all you have been baskin in the warm of Canada for decades yet on this point, you decide to make your stand.

Maybe back in Ireland or Jamaica you can take some time to re-think your position.

PDT_Armataz_01_34

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:18 pm

uwish uwish:
and why would it go anywhere? This is Canada and under our current system the Queen is the head of the commonwealth. Now, if we as Canadians want to become more of a republic in our government we can have that discussion. Until then, don't like it..feel free to leave.

Elizabeth Windsor is the Queen of Canada. She is also the Head of the Commonwealth. But for the purposes of the oath in question she is the Queen of Canada.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:21 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
Glad I was born here, because **** THE OATH!

Then perhaps you need to depart for a country that isn't worried about oaths.

I hear the weather is nice in Somalia this time of year.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:29 pm

uwish uwish:

R=UP

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:30 pm

I don't need to do shit. The oath is a relic of a past many no longer support. It should justify itself, rather than other people having to justify why they think swearing loyalty to the 19th century is fucking stupid.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:32 pm

I don't need to do shit. The oath is a relic of a past many no longer support. It should justify itself, rather than other people having to justify why they think swearing loyalty to the 19th century is fucking stupid.

Kind of like the Indian Act?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:33 pm

If it makes you feel any better I don't expect you to assert your loyalty.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:

Kind of like the Indian Act?

Yes! (even though we strongly disagree on why)

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:39 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Glad I was born here, because **** THE OATH!

Then perhaps you need to depart for a country that isn't worried about oaths.

I hear the weather is nice in Somalia this time of year.

R=UP R=UP That's two thumbs up for ya Bart....

As for the other commenter in this post.....

ImageImage

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:56 pm

It's tradition. Tradition is important. Maybe you're still too young to understand that. Watch Fiddler on the Roof. There's a whole song about it! :lol:

Right now ISIS is apparently taking sledgehammers to priceless historical artifacts in Iraq. These objects are made out of stone. They have no intrinsic value. Yet we get upset when someone takes a sledgehammer to them. Same kind of thing.