Title: 'Stunning' Drug Lab Scandal Could Overturn 23,000 Convictions
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2017-03-29 16:27:12
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:14 pm

Stories like this crush me ever further, knowing this type of scum is ruining the lives of others. She shouldn't see the light of day again as far as I am concerned.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:00 pm

You shouldn't be surprised, this kind of thing has happened in the US many times before.

The article has a link to a false conviction scandal out of Texas.

A few years ago, 2 Pennsylvania judges were sentenced to prison in the "kids for cash" scandal after they used their positions to close down the publicly owned youth jail, secretly invest in its privately run replacement, and then making a fortune by sentencing hundreds of young children to absurdly long sentences at said prison for minor offences like shoplifting or making an insulting myspace page. They made a documentary about that one:

Kids For Cash (2014) By: Robert May

Then there's the Tulia Texas scandal, where in a town of only 5,000 they somehow arrested, convicted and incarcerated for several years 46 innocent (and almost all black) people as major drug traffickers based solely on the verbal testimony of a cop-for-hire who turned out to be a fraud. No drugs or money ever found, no wiretap or camera footage, no undercover stings or witnesses, just a cop hired with a fake resume who said "he sold me drugs" and was named "lawman of the year" for it before he was caught (and only sentenced to probation). They made 2 documentaries about that one but I can't find a YouTube version to embed.

And the list goes on and on. Scandal after unpunished scandal in that country makes what happens in Canada look like child's play. America is not the fantasy land you've made it to be in your head. For many its a land of injustice, corruption, arbitrariness and unfairness if they're unlucky enough to cross paths with the legal system. especially if you're not rich and also white.