CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:20 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
llama66 llama66:
We don't need the permafrost to melt.

Why not? During the Last Glacial Maximum (LGM) permafrost extended as far south as modern day Tennessee and I don't know of any hideous effects from the lack of frozen ground in the region.

All of Ohio was in permafrost and now it's not and no one cares. Seems to me that permafrost is overrated.

Reference: https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com ... 06JF000661

How do you know that? You weren't alive back then. You didn't see it. And the same people telling you that--that is, the climatologists--are the same ones saying that increased atmospheric CO2 concentrations are increasing average global tropospheric temperatures--which you choose not to believe. Sorry you can't just invoke science when you choose to.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:14 pm

Let me know when I can grow lime trees in Manitoba, because I look forward to it. Warm = life. Cold = death.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:34 am

newz newz:
Let me know when I can grow lime trees in Manitoba, because I look forward to it. Warm = life. Cold = death.
Unfortunately, the "global" warming schtick is nothing more than a scam.

The good news is that more folks think normally as you do. With enough time, the professional liars will have to come up with some semblance of a convincing argument.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:24 am

newz newz:

Unless you’re on Venus or the Middle East.then warm is also death.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:53 am

Tricks Tricks:
How do you know that? You weren't alive back then. You didn't see it. And the same people telling you that--that is, the climatologists--are the same ones saying that increased atmospheric CO2 concentrations are increasing average global tropospheric temperatures--which you choose not to believe. Sorry you can't just invoke science when you choose to.

[/quote]

Up until the point he specifies which side he's talking about in the vid he could be talking about his own.

Show me this consensus of science affirming a prophesy of human caused catastrophe Neil. Until then all you've got is blather. Give me a date for the anthropogenic climate apocalypse. Show me the consensus on that.

I'll guarantee it can't be checked because when the climate catastrophe cadre does give a checkable date for some horror like climate refugees, no more snow in Britain, or a flooded Manhattan, it doesn't happen. So what he must be saying is sometime way off in the future far beyond the lifetimes of any living today who can check it, the fact we use fossil fuels to progress our civilization now is going to create a global catastrophe and there's scientific consensus on that.

Is that what you're saying Neil DeGrasse Tyson? Because if it is I call bullshit. And if that's not what you're saying why should we care?

Contrary to what some would have us believe Neil De Grasse Tyson is not Earth's Jorel. He's just another fast talking media hypster.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:47 am

llama66 llama66:
newz newz:

Unless you’re on Venus or the Middle East.then warm is also death.

He makes me laugh. If he doesn't like middle eastern immigrants now, wait till the Middle East has daily highs in the +60s. Then we could grow citrus north of 40.