CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:46 pm

raydan raydan:
Thanos Thanos:
Fuck, I'm in a mood today, man. :evil:

You're always in a mood. :lol:

More than usual today though. Ran into a bunch of CBC comments of the "people should have bought less toys and saved more money" about others losing their jobs and homes, comments that usually come from the type of smug jerkoffs born with lucky horseshoes up their asses who haven't paid a mortgage since 1990 and had monthly payments of about $500 back then for a 1500 sq ft home with property taxes about a tenth of what they are now. Yeah, I need more advice from those who danced without a care at all through the fucking garden all their goddamn lives and left the succeeding generations to pick up the bills for them. Was enough to set me off big-time, like almost putting the fist through the damn computer monitor.

I hate this world most days. Days like today I absolutely loathe it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:48 pm

Thanos Thanos:
raydan raydan:
Thanos Thanos:
Fuck, I'm in a mood today, man. :evil:

You're always in a mood. :lol:

More than usual today though. Ran into a bunch of CBC comments of the "people should have bought less toys and saved more money" about others losing their jobs and homes, comments that usually come from the type of smug jerkoffs born with lucky horseshoes up their asses who haven't paid a mortgage since 1990 and had monthly payments of about $500 back then for a 1500 sq ft home with property taxes about a tenth of what they are now. Yeah, I need more advice from those who danced without a care at all through the fucking garden all their goddamn lives and left the succeeding generations to pick up the bills for them. Was enough to set me off big-time, like almost putting the fist through the damn computer monitor.

I hate this world most days. Days like today I absolutely loathe it.

Why would you ever go to a comments section?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:59 pm

Must be a pathology that keeps forcing me to punish myself for my sins. Needless to say it's that kind of shit commentary that's caused me to lose all faith in this country, a place that's full of the same sadistic jackasses, the kind that are everywhere else too now, who exult in the suffering and sadness of others.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:58 pm

WTF is wrong with gas station chicken, fries and a Pepsi for dinner?
I'm talking like a normal person would like once every 10-14 days. Not like the 600lb guy stopping for a 7 pc "snack" and a 2L on his way to see Dr. Whatsisname.

Sadly, the local gas station on the rez serves chicken WAY better than KFC. Sadly cuz its on the rez, stop cooking at 5 and 10 years of pestering will not convince them they could sell more fucking chicken for suppertime between 5 and 8 than they do all day now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:07 pm

That 700 lb guy has the right to kill himself with food or drink if that's what he wants to do. The state is under no obligation to go rescue him from himself - if he wants to live and change his ways that's up to him to decide. And no one else deserves to be punished with extra taxes just because of a few who can't control themselves.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:18 pm

That 700 lb guy will also cost us a lot of money in medical bills and welfare... he probably won't live that long though.

That's the problem with bad habits, everybody pays.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:26 pm

That's life in a public system. There's no way around it because no one has the right to decide where their tax dollars will or won't be allocated. And that's a good thing, considering that most people are so petty they'd try to keep it away from others based on simple dislike of them, if not because of outright hatred. Not even the anti-war hippies or anarcho-capitalists in the US have been successful in tax allocation attempts in court.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:35 pm

Can't argue with you right now... I've gone nostalgic, listening to the best of The Mamas and the Papas... arguing is impossible. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:09 pm

I'm high too! [drunk]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:11 pm

Cat Stevens now... [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:15 pm

Before or after he joined Islam and went all death-to-Israel? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:28 pm

All the old stuff.

Next up... Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young... then either bed or Steve Miller Band.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:28 am

Thanos Thanos:
Must be a pathology that keeps forcing me to punish myself for my sins. Needless to say it's that kind of shit commentary that's caused me to lose all faith in this country, a place that's full of the same sadistic jackasses, the kind that are everywhere else too now, who exult in the suffering and sadness of others.

That is the purpose of the comment section, to drag you down into despair. Stop reading it for your own good!

Thanos Thanos:
That 700 lb guy has the right to kill himself with food or drink if that's what he wants to do. The state is under no obligation to go rescue him from himself - if he wants to live and change his ways that's up to him to decide. And no one else deserves to be punished with extra taxes just because of a few who can't control themselves.

That's what differentiates the human animal from all the others. A bird will see one of her chicks is sick and unwell, and will stop feeding it as it is a lost cause. A human mother will nurture a sick child even more than the healthy ones. We are hard wired for empathy.

Instead of extra taxes, just stop government subsidizing the farming of sugar. And all the other bullshit that is harming us.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:33 am

raydan raydan:
That 700 lb guy will also cost us a lot of money in medical bills and welfare... he probably won't live that long though.

But that's what so great about your health care system everyone pays in so everyone gets the right to treatment. Who are you or in this case the Gov. to tell someone how to treat their bodies? They pay like everyone else so what does it matter if they will need MORE medical care then someone else. It is their RIGHT and they Paid for it.

It's, in the scenario being talked about, that 700lbs guys body thus no one should have the right to tell him what to do with it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:41 am

stratos stratos:
raydan raydan:

But that's what so great about your health care system everyone pays in so everyone gets the right to treatment. Who are you or in this case the Gov. to tell someone how to treat their bodies? They pay like everyone else so what does it matter if they will need MORE medical care then someone else. It is their RIGHT and they Paid for it.

It's, in the scenario being talked about, that 700lbs guys body thus no one should have the right to tell him what to do with it.

In the same respect, why should my taxes have to pay to treat him and his bad choices? Why should my taxes go to subsidize the industry that is creating these problems and offloading the costs on the healthcare system? The healthcare system is as much about prevention as it is treatment.

If he does what he wants with his body, that's fine. But then, he will come to the healthcare system for relief when that body starts to act like we all know it will. It's his right and he paid for it, as you say. Then why can't the system prevent the problem in the first place, the same as we do for lung cancer or polio?

Obesity is a public health issue, not a lifestyle choice.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next