canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:50 am

Title: Feds looking at declaring Proud Boys a terrorist organization in wake of U.S. rioting | CTV News
Category: Political
Posted By: uwish
Date: 2021-01-10 07:46:38
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:50 am

might want to add ANTIFA to that list they have done sig more damage by this definition than any other group.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:53 am

Antifa isn't a group. They are the boogeymen the right thinks exists.

Proudboys actually have meetings, websites, a president, spokesmen, and a uniform.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:57 am

last time I checked Antifa also had all of those, they use Facebook as their online platform.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:39 am

uwish uwish:
last time I checked Antifa also had all of those, they use Facebook as their online platform.

FBI director says antifa is an ideology, not an organization

Antifa has no leader. Antifa has no spokesman, or uniform.

And even if you could ban an ideology, do you really want to send the message that protesting fascism is bad?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:08 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
uwish uwish:

And even if you could ban an ideology, do you really want to send the message that protesting fascism is bad?

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:37 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
uwish uwish:

If it quacks like a duck...... the Antifa thugs behave like the people they say they're against.
Do you support those idiots?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:25 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
uwish uwish:

If it quacks like a duck...... the Antifa thugs behave like the people they say they're against.
Do you support those idiots?

I have never supported violence of any kind. Thanks for asking, and not assuming.

Declare the fascists as the terrorists they are, and the Anti-Fascists will have nothing to do.

I mean, seriously why the double standard? If ISIS or Al-Shabab were running substance abuse clinics in order to prey on the vulnerable and convert them, there would be protests at the Legislature 24/7. But Sons of Odin? Meh.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:52 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
If it quacks like a duck...... the Antifa thugs behave like the people they say they're against. Do you support those idiots?

As per usual, he tries to have it both ways. He'll denounce one group, but stay silent about another and come up with an alternative theory about why they exist.

As far as I'm concerned, Proud Boys, Antifa, et al are all birds of the same feather, and should ALL be listed as terrorists and have the boots put to them.

ANYONE that uses or incites violence deserves the slammer. Period.

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:16 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
If it quacks like a duck...... the Antifa thugs behave like the people they say they're against. Do you support those idiots?

As per usual, he tries to have it both ways. He'll denounce one group, but stay silent about another and come up with an alternative theory about why they exist.

As far as I'm concerned, Proud Boys, Antifa, et al are all birds of the same feather, and should ALL be listed as terrorists and have the boots put to them.

ANYONE that uses or incites violence deserves the slammer. Period.

-J.

See, there you go not reading what I wrote. Attributing things to me that I don't write, while writing the exact same thing I did, but with different words.

Show us where I denounced one group, and stayed silent on the other. Go on!

(pro tip, absence of evidence is not evidence)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:22 pm

It's like saying "I love bananas", and then someone asking you why you hate all the other fruits.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:59 pm

raydan raydan:
It's like saying "I love bananas", and then someone asking you why you hate all the other fruits.

Exactly. I have no apples in my fridge. It doesn't mean I hate apples, and love bananas. It means I need to pick some up.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:12 pm

The title of this thread is "Feds looking at declaring Proud Boys a terrorist organization".

It is not "Feds not looking at declaring Antifa a terrorist organization". Maybe Antifa is the next one on the list.

...and one last thing, here's another one of Trump's broken promises.

$1:
“The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization,” the president tweeted at the end of May.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:49 pm

Oh good God. They gave my uncles medals to shoot fascists dead. I'm not gonna label people against fascism terrorists.
No matter if people can't argue the fact they aren't 'an organization' and just keep repeating the same bullshit line over again.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:54 am

raydan raydan:
...and one last thing, here's another one of Trump's broken promises.

$1:
“The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization,” the president tweeted at the end of May.

Another empty promise, for the reason I showed above. It would be like declaring all left wing people terrorists. Impossible.

Make Facism go away, and you make Antifa go away by design.