canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:47 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=30801" target="_blank">HARPER TO DION: WATCH RICK MERCER</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/7-videos" target="_blank">Videos</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Hyack" target="_blank">Hyack</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2008-02-28 08:50:28
<strong>Canadian</strong>

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:47 pm

What was that about the CBC never criticising the Liberals again...?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:11 am

I think the reason being is that the LPC is no longer Liberal....they are Spineless....and the media has finally caught on.

This is almost the end for Dion I dont see how he can stay as leader much longer now that even the media make fun of him!!

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:15 am

Well I think this is going to be equally difficult for Harper. He wasn't expecting to have to govern until 2009.

This will also give the Libs some time to rework their image for the next election.

Harper doesn't have a majority coming any time soon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:19 am

MacDonaill MacDonaill:

Thats proof the Liberals have hit the bottom of the barrel searching for a leader :lol:

The butt of jokes on the CBC :lol: :lol: :lol:

A great Canadian moment :lol: :lol:

better put a mark on the wall...I'm sure it's just a one time event for the CBC :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:30 am

It's just an act of desperation by the CBC....they know the knives are out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:37 pm

They probably figured out who's signing the checks, that's why.
Mercer blew the rest of the CBC's money on the dancers & singers and now they have nothing left to fight for their precious Liberals.

That's also why they sent out a BS report saying that:
$1:
CBC should receive funding for at least 7 years: report

OTTAWA - A House of Commons committee is recommending the federal government commit "stable, multi-year funding" to the CBC.

The heritage committee split along party lines over the future of the public broadcaster, with members of the minority Conservative government writing their own, dissenting report.

But MPs of all political stripes agreed that the CBC should be able to depend on longer term funding.

There's little love lost between the Conservatives and the public broadcaster, however, and no guarantee the government will act on that or dozens of other non-binding recommendations - especially if it wins a majority in the next election.

The report says Ottawa should commit to funding the CBC for at least seven years, and the amount should be indexed to the cost of living.

Tory members disagreed with some key recommendations of the report, rejecting a proposal to force the public broadcaster to show strictly Canadian content during prime-time, Monday through Friday.

The dissenting report says the Tory government disagrees with any recommendations that "micro-manage our independent public broadcasting corporation."

The government members also rejected as "unacceptable" a call to boost the CBC's role in the development, promotion and distribution of Canadian feature films.

Witnesses from across the country appeared before the committee as it studied CBC's best chances for survival in a satellite-dominated, Internet age.

Bev Oda, then Heritage minister, said last April that the government was willing to consider multi-year funding. Maybe.

"Long-term, stable funding is something that has to be worked towards," she told the Senate transport and communications committee.

"But first of all let's ensure that the service we're supporting with our public funds is that which is going to be meaningful and relevant to Canadians."

So the CBC wants guaranteed funding just long enough to get them past this non-Liberal drought. Bev Oda is a cancerous boil with a warped sense of entitlement.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:04 pm

LOL, can always count on Rick for a good laugh.

But seriously I've never seen the Liberal party in such disarray, I almost feel bad for Dion at times, I certainly wouldn't want to be in his shoes. When I watch him in Parliment after his speeches, he honestly appears to me to like a shell-shocked german private on the Eastern Front after his first battle. He has this thousand yard stare, and looks around nervously like he's trying to intimidate or either get approval from MP's.

This man does not exude confidence at all. Maybe its time for the liberal party to abandon their failed formula that all liberal leaders have to come from la belle province. And just pick the best bilingual dude/dudette who can run the party instead.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:09 pm

Pretty funny :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:45 pm

MacDonaill MacDonaill:

You know it's getting pretty bad when Mercer is making fun of the Lib's. :lol: I like the "no one understands our lead speak" part.

I feel sorry for Liberal supporters right now. How do you stand behind a party that doesn't stand for anything?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:07 pm

"The future is looking Tory Blue!" Damn straight.

Good on Mercer...you know why he is doing this though.

Rick Mercer is a known left winger. But a left winger - not a Liberal Party of Canada loyalist, so he sees them with no backbone and such, and rips them to shreds.

But don't start cheering...Mercer and the CBC still hate the Conservatives, they just hate that the Liberals are not being...liberal.

This is looking soooooooo sad with Dion. I mean I have some Liberal youth friends I've met through different organizations and a few of them have torn up their Federal Liberal membership cards, and are focusing on the Ontario Liberal Party. How can a liberally minded Canadian support this party? They are rolling over to let the Conservatives go ahead with their agenda for Canada (yay!).

I mean in politics its DEFINE YOURSELF OR BE DEFINED. Harper and the C.P.C. have successfully defined Stephane Dion.

I mean they abstained the throne speech, abstained the crime bill, abstained the Budget, the Liberal Senators abstained the Tackling Violent Crime Act (to let it through before Saturday's deadline).

I think its 1984 all friggin over again...Election 1984 Debate:

Stephen Harper: You had an option, sir. You could of supported or voted down <insert bill>. But you chose to abstain from your responsibilities.

Stephane Dion (John Turner II): This is unfair! Do you think its easy to make priorities?

The Liberal Party has such a negative image in Canada rate now...even among Liberals...I think their headed for electoral disaster.

Now I'm not going to compare Harper to Mulroney, but Stephane Dion is shaping up to become like John Turner of 1984.

I know I can never be sure, but from what I've seen from Dion, I believe he will bomb in a national election campaign, resulting in a Tory Majority.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:00 pm

mtbr mtbr:
MacDonaill MacDonaill:

Thats proof the Liberals have hit the bottom of the barrel searching for a leader :lol:

The butt of jokes on the CBC :lol: :lol: :lol:

A great Canadian moment :lol: :lol:

better put a mark on the wall...I'm sure it's just a one time event for the CBC :wink:

Well, if you watched you would know that they make fun of him on shows like RMR, 22 Min., and RCAF all the time. They've always made fun of everyone.